SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The 10mm SIG 220ST Project
Page 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 65
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 10mm SIG 220ST Project Login/Join 
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Cool. Hopefully you'll have it by the end of the week.

I had to have Bruce wait until next Monday (12/14) to ship mine, because my FFL is on vacation this week (mine has to come to an FFL here because I originally had it shipped from SCP Firearms directly to GGI).

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16508 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
Thanks Drvink,

I know that you've been eagerly awaiting yours as well, and were I closer to the Maryland shore, I'd offer to meet at a local range so you could at least whet your anxiety...

Wish I knew how I could weasel out of mom's B-day dinnerparty tomorrow without looking like a Grade-A douche - I'm fairly certain that I can't. So I'll have to wait till this weekend to give it a proper christening, and a proper range report.

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CPUFIXER
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wish I knew how I could weasel out of mom's B-day dinnerparty tomorrow without looking like a Grade-A douche - I'm fairly certain that I can't. So I'll have to wait till this weekend to give it a proper christening, and a proper range report.

I'm not sure what could be worse. Waiting for the gun to show up, or having to wait to try it out when you already have it in your hands!

Posts: 1397 | Location: Huntersville, NC | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anarion,

Thanks for wanting to share. I'm not sure that you'd enjoy the weather on the Shore right now.....too cold.

Enjoy your mom and her party. She deserves it. You've waited this long for your 10mm, you'll make it 'til this weekend.

Mike

Posts: 141 | Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore | Registered: August 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NorfolkP229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by varoadking:
quote:
My barrel never made it to GGI. Sold it, and the mags to help fund the conversion.

How do you like it?

Don't know. I'll let you know as soon as I get it!!! Hopefully that will be soon!!

---------------
Jeffrey

P365 - GGI P220ST 10mm - Sig Mosquito - Various Others

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. " - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7897 | Location: WNC Native, now in Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: August 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NorfolkP229:
quote:
quote:
My barrel never made it to GGI. Sold it, and the mags to help fund the conversion.

How do you like it?

Don't know. I'll let you know as soon as I get it!!! Hopefully that will be soon!!

I think that will be almost immediately. We shipped three today and more go out tomorrow. Thanks! -Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPUFIXER:
quote:

I'm not sure what could be worse. Waiting for the gun to show up, or having to wait to try it out when you already have it in your hands!

I'm sorry Roadie, I've held yours for photos. I'll ship it before Tuesday at latest. I may need it back later for an article, so fair warning!

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
Cool. Hopefully you'll have it by the end of the week.

I had to have Bruce wait until next Monday (12/14) to ship mine, because my FFL is on vacation this week (mine has to come to an FFL here because I originally had it shipped from SCP Firearms directly to GGI).

Whew! That gives me time to try and get it back from those nice Mexican cartel guys we "accidentally" sold it to first.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
OK, I'm sorry, I shouldn't dare tease y'all after all this time and patience. I just can't resist.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Picture of NorfolkP229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
quote:
Originally posted by NorfolkP229:
quote:
quote:

How do you like it?

I think that will be almost immediately. We shipped three today and more go out tomorrow. Thanks! -Bruce

Whooo hoo!! Merry Christmas to me!!! Big Grin

---------------
Jeffrey

P365 - GGI P220ST 10mm - Sig Mosquito - Various Others

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. " - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7897 | Location: WNC Native, now in Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: August 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to the guys who're getting theirs! Bruce obviously has beating those Christmas elves nearly to death to get them to you before Christmas! Be careful Bruce, don't get carpal tunnel in your whip hand!

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CPUFIXER
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm sorry Roadie, I've held yours for photos. I'll ship it before Tuesday at latest. I may need it back later for an article, so fair warning!

-Bruce

That's ok, I'll be sure to have the "Buick" speed holes put in before then!

Posts: 1397 | Location: Huntersville, NC | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AFter looking at a G20 - and knowing that this gun RUNS!..I was thinking that a SIG220 -10mm would suit me better.
Are these 10mm conversions holding up? Are they reliable?
What does the conversion cost $$ and what is the wait time?

And WHY isnt SIG building a 220- 10mm???

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10x Sniper:
... And WHY isnt SIG building a 220- 10mm???
Because nobody wants one.

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
That's because shooters are like birds sitting on a phone wire. They sit there for awhile until, finally, one flies away and sits somewhere else. Then, almost inexplicably, the others leave too. Shooters who don't care for the 10mm have joined the flock on some other wire, which is fine. Those of us who like where we're sitting are perfectly content. Why leave when we've found the best wire of all? I like 10mm no matter who builds it. Gray Guns has recognized a niche and they're filling it. Good for them and good for the Glock gun too. The loser seems to be Sig Arms, but maybe they know there aren't enough of us for them to build a 10mm of their own.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jere, you can bet Sig is watching how many GGI builds to try ascertain size of the market!

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
They probably are, although I'd bet their market department already knows how many 10mm Sigs they could sell. They know, down to the penny, how much it would cost to tool up, manufacture, advertise and sell 'em. Gray Guns are specialty items, custom-made, and hence, more expensive. Bruce would be out of business if Sig produced 'em, but I don't think that will happen. I'm guessing Bruce thinks that way too, otherwise, he wouldn't be building guns of his own.

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeremiahjj:
They probably are, although I'd bet their market department already knows how many 10mm Sigs they could sell. They know, down to the penny, how much it would cost to tool up, manufacture, advertise and sell 'em. Gray Guns are specialty items, custom-made, and hence, more expensive. Bruce would be out of business if Sig produced 'em, but I don't think that will happen. I'm guessing Bruce thinks that way too, otherwise, he wouldn't be building guns of his own.

Thanks for the perspective. I really think it would be smashing if SIG made 10's, as we would simply have more raw material to work wth for our custom efforts and more people would have a crack at getting one. That would be good for everyone if they executed such a pistol really well.

In the meantime we're doing our custom, somewhat less than efficient thing. I am sure the folks at SIG do know that it would be too expensive to tool up fr these things, but it wouldn't hurt us a bit if they did, really.

More 10's are leaving for home today!

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
Correct. The Gray guns are works of art that can't be found on the shelf. They'll be collector items one day. How long Bruce continues to make them (as opposed to Sig, which would "manufacture" them) depends on how long he holds up, how many orders he gets, whether he loses or (hopefully) makes a buck. There is lots to say for artists and gunsmiths, but dedication to a cause only goes so far.

posted Hide Post
Agreed that Bruce produces "works of art"! Also, agree that if Sig produced one, might not be the work of art Bruce makes, but could be good for us all, just as Bruce says! After all, there are a bajillion makers of 1911's which doesn't seem to hurt the custom shop business any!

770-977-0662