SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The 10mm SIG 220ST Project
Page 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 65
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 10mm SIG 220ST Project Login/Join 
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
Yes, we'll still be shipping 10 rounders as an option. We ordered 40 of the 10 round magazines in the first batch, that will supply each customer with 2 10 rounders if they choose to have them.

We'll certainly order more if there is a great demand for them.

------------------------------
-------------------------------------------
Scott @ Apex
"Own enough guns that your wife will never notice a gun or 2 being added or taken away from the collection."
Leonard Novak - "Thee Gambler" (SASS)
------------------------------------------------

My guides to Sig Lubrication: http://www.apextactical.com/bl...-sauer-pistol-rails/

http://www.apextactical.com/bl...nternal-lubrication/

Posts: 3489 | Location: Apex Tactical Specialties - Peoria, AZ | Registered: June 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The 10mm Customer List currently consists of 45 customers waiting to send in their guns. The list is not "full", I'm happy to add you to the list if you'd like to be added. We're expecting a 2 year wait for customers currently being added to the list."

As one of the folks that are on the list for the next build, I am questioning the time line for the 2nd build. When I wanted to get in on the second build, it was my understanding that the first build was expected to be completed sometime around last March/April. Approaching almost a year later I get the feeling that you are in the process of delivering some of the first batch. Is there a two year time frame for those that are already on the 2nd build list, or is this just for anyone that wants to get their name on the list at this point in time. I have a P229 that I wanted to send in for a CRRA upgrade but have been holding off as I didn't want to slow down the 10mm project. How about giving those of us on the 2nd build list a realistic time line for the project. Thanks in advance for your feedback and hope you are having a good time at the SHOT show.

Gary

Posts: 11 | Location: Wyoming, MN | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boostmeister:
"The 10mm Customer List currently consists of 45 customers waiting to send in their guns. The list is not "full", I'm happy to add you to the list if you'd like to be added. We're expecting a 2 year wait for customers currently being added to the list."

As one of the folks that are on the list for the next build, I am questioning the time line for the 2nd build. When I wanted to get in on the second build, it was my understanding that the first build was expected to be completed sometime around last March/April. Approaching almost a year later I get the feeling that you are in the process of delivering some of the first batch. Is there a two year time frame for those that are already on the 2nd build list, or is this just for anyone that wants to get their name on the list at this point in time. I have a P229 that I wanted to send in for a CRRA upgrade but have been holding off as I didn't want to slow down the 10mm project. How about giving those of us on the 2nd build list a realistic time line for the project. Thanks in advance for your feedback and hope you are having a good time at the SHOT show.

Gary

Hi, Gary. This is a fair question, though I think the answer can be found in our posts here over time. We've been updating folks all along as to our progress and projections. To recap, these first 10's have taken a lot more time than I could have expected to develop, perfect parts and mags for, and finish.

These issues have been R&D and vendor-related, not because of production holdups per se. Our other workload hasn't had much effect on the glacial pace of this project.

As it's my job to design and obtain the parts and mags for these, I'm completely responsible for the long shop time. I probably could have gone with the initial concept for these new mags a year ago, but instead I decided to pursue a much more suitable unit that ended up requiring new tooling and much investment that we have charged off and eaten. That has been the only remaining hurdle to final delivery.

With all this R&D and vendor-wrangling done, the next runs will be pretty efficient, and we hope to be able to recoup some of our considerable project expenses thereby while holding to a reasonable price for this neat work.

To directly answer your question regarding shop times for subsequent runs of GGI 10mm's, we are consciously quoting this very conservatively. That's NOT because of production capacity or concerns about new issues; that's all sorted out now.

With the exception of this project and a relative few other really challenging custom excursions and oddball issues, our customers have enjoyed the benefit of GGI's strong reputation for delivery, and I am bound and determined to never again get caught out due to unforseen circumstances.

I only want to do what's fair and right by you guys. I'd rather you be surprised that your new 10mm came faster than expected than to have to wait longer as these good folks have so patiently.

Our new shop setup is bring us the full measure of benefit in increased efficiencies. Thus, our current shop time for most SIG work is 2 to 3 weeks or less. You are invited to send in your 229 and get the fastest service with the finest work available. Thanks!

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jarcher
posted Hide Post
Speaking for myself, the wait is a non-issue. When Bruce and Scott have them ready to their satisfaction, they will deliver them. If I needed this pistol to carry or whatever, then I would go out and buy one off the shelf.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Edmund Burke, 1729 - 1797

Posts: 2106 | Location: Charleston, SC US | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jarcher:
Speaking for myself, the wait is a non-issue. When Bruce and Scott have them ready to their satisfaction, they will deliver them. If I needed this pistol to carry or whatever, then I would go out and buy one off the shelf.

Thanks, JArcher!

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the very informative response Bruce. I wasn't questioning the quality of the work but rather the comment about the two year wait. I'll contact you regarding the P229 work. Thanks again for the update and hope you had a good time at SHOT.

Gary

Posts: 11 | Location: Wyoming, MN | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Please ADD me to the list for a 10mm upgrade on the 220 Elite Stainless.

Is there any problem with continuing to use the 220 until it is time to send them in?

Thanks

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
OK, we'll add you to the list.

Please continue to shoot your gun all you want until it's time to send it in.

Flork

Scott @ Apex
"Own enough guns that your wife will never notice a gun or 2 being added or taken away from the collection."

My guides to Sig Lubrication: http://www.apextactical.com/bl...-sauer-pistol-rails/

Posts: 3489 | Location: Apex Tactical Specialties - Peoria, AZ | Registered: June 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN,

I arrived back in the shop after lunch today to find two boxes on my bench. They were from our good friends at !@#$%&*, my Super Black Supplier.

Now that these guns are back, I can go through them, do the final detail work and have them completely finished and ready for the magazines and springs.

Here are some pics to get your juices flowing...

Here are a couple of pics of one of the 10mm Magwells I hand blended to match up to a set of factory Slim Grips

Enjoy.

Scott @ Apex

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
Originally posted by Flork:
Does this make you guys drool???????

You sick, twisted, evil.......GET BACK TO WORK!!!!

What I said!

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flork, there may not be a lot of timber in Eastern Oregon, but those pics have resulted in an increase in "wood" supply in Georgia and elsewhere, I'd suspect!

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN,

I arrived back in the shop after lunch today to find two boxes on my bench. They were from our good friends at !@#$%&*, my Super Black Supplier.

Here are some pics to get your juices flowing...

Enjoy.

Dude -- they sent you a box of Big Cheez-its? YU DA MAN!!!111

Wow, I never get Cheez-its from anybody. <<sniff>>

Oh yeah, and the pistols look pretty good, too.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
It's funny, I strategically placed a handful of my Top Secret Projects in that picture, but nobody has commented on them yet. I'm kinda shocked, in the past you guys went through my pics and pointed out details......I guess the "Increased Wood Factor" could explain that.

Scott @ Apex

posted Hide Post
I did notice my gun...or at least the bag of gun parts with my name on it lol.

NRA Endowment member, because who else is going to protect your 2nd amendment right?

Posts: 157 | Location: Roanoke, VA | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's funny, I strategically placed a handful of my Top Secret Projects in that picture, but nobody has commented on them yet.
Standing upright on disproportionately sized feet? Wink

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12351 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
LOL, Now that's funny. OK, I admit, I was gonna crop that pic, but I was so excited about giving you guys an update that I forgot.

Scott

Scott @ Apex

Picture of CPUFIXER
posted Hide Post
what's near the roll of tape?

Posts: 1397 | Location: Huntersville, NC | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Ooooh - I see mine in that picture, too. Big Grin

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16489 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPUFIXER:

That would be the prototype scope mount in for your Open Class 25 round X-5. I'm going to be doing the machining on it this weekend.

Flork

Scott @ Apex

Picture of CPUFIXER
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CPUFIXER:

That would be the prototype scope mount in for your Open Class 25 round X-5. I'm going to be doing the machining on it this weekend.

Flork

mmmm....X-5 open....

Posts: 1397 | Location: Huntersville, NC | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post