SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The 10mm SIG 220ST Project
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 65
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 10mm SIG 220ST Project Login/Join 
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flork:
How's this for an update?

Wow!

Flork, that is very, very impressive!!!

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
quote:
How's this for an update?

The parts went out to the Nickel plater over 3 months ago and finally arrived back in our shop.

As soon as the new mags come in and I test it, the gun will be ready to ship.

Shwing!!!! Big Grin

Awesome, Flork, simply awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man I so wish I lived in the US.......I can only look and drool. Man that's a sweet looking gun!!!!

Posts: 160 | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flork, guess that means a few months of "chaperoned" dating, or until we can ditch the "shadows" for some fun and games! Yes, me definitely "likey"! As a matter of fact I know exactly whose gun this is, as talked to him on phone this morning regarding other matters and this came up, verifying it was his gun! He was amused that I saw it before he did! Glad he gave you "artistic license about slide treatment, as it is phenominal! Even said he thought he might have wanted nickel grip screws, too; but left that in your hands! IMHO, you did make wiser choice!

Don't wait for the mags, send it back to him as a "single shot"! He won't be able to handle more than one at a time anyway! Just kidding, he's a great guy and will definitely be able to handle this gun. Heh heh, even know about another "secret project" in your "skunkworks" for him; but am sworn to secrecy! Gunter's kind of blabby though and might try to extort some milk bones as "hush money". He learned it from John Edwards!

All of you "fossil's" deserve to be rightly proud!

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ordnance Outsell:
Dayum, that is freaking fantastic! Would it be legal to marry it?

Only in 17 states...

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
This 220ST - 10mm project started off as a simple "sleeper" pistol. It was meant to look just like one of several thousand 220STs when it was done. The pistol was sent to Fossil.

While I waited, I played with a P226 - and really liked the finished producT (nickel grip screws!):

Then the "hard sell" from Bruce on the SBF and a magwell. Followed by my desire for nickel controls... and the final product (minus mags) is as you see it (very different than originally planned!!).

Hope to see it soon...

Check out the other 220ST projects Gray guns have - 38 Super/9mm or 9X23 conversions!

Pictures of those to appear in another post!!

Thanks Scott and Bruce (and of course Jerry!!)!

Veni, Vidi, Risi

Posts: 891 | Location: SW, NH | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK 220 parts, you've let the other projects out of the bag now, as undoubtedly the board has noticed! Guess Gunter will get a milk bone for keeping quiet this long! Kinda interested in other ones, too! Know what your schedule is and forgot to mention something to you, so shoot me an email or give me a call! Must be slipping, fibre optic front sight on bottom pic and adjustable rear sight, possibly from Platinum Elite?

Thanks for the thanks! LOL

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kevin, Georgia has to be one of the 17, as we are known in the South for our "relatively close" families!

770-977-0662

Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
and adjustable rear sight, possibly from Platinum Elite?

i believe that is a Warren rear

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:
and adjustable rear sight, possibly from Platinum Elite?

i believe that is a Warren rear

Yep, Warren rear with the Dawson FO front.

------------------------------
-------------------------------------------
Scott @ Apex
"Own enough guns that your wife will never notice a gun or 2 being added or taken away from the collection."
Leonard Novak - "Thee Gambler" (SASS)
------------------------------------------------

My guides to Sig Lubrication: http://www.apextactical.com/bl...-sauer-pistol-rails/

http://www.apextactical.com/bl...nternal-lubrication/

Posts: 3489 | Location: Apex Tactical Specialties - Peoria, AZ | Registered: June 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for clarification 9mm and Flork! With all the spare time on your hands, Flork, could you take a pick of gun from rear, so can see sight set up? Really, just whenever you have a chance? Thanks!

770-977-0662

Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
Here's one of the rear, I'll get one of them in alignment.

Scott @ Apex
"Own enough guns that your wife will never notice a gun or 2 being added or taken away from the collection."

My guides to Sig Lubrication: http://www.apextactical.com/bl...-sauer-pistol-rails/

Posts: 3489 | Location: Apex Tactical Specialties - Peoria, AZ | Registered: June 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flork, didn't anticipate such a rapid response! Side view made them look like they were adjustable? Not night sights, it seems?

According to rumors on this board, it is said that you actually align the sights, when actually shooting? LOL

BTW, like the "no snag" rounded edges! Thanks for sending!

770-977-0662

Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
Fixed sights are more reliable as there is no spring, or pin to come loose and lose alignment.

Thanks, the rounded edges make it so much better and smoother feeling.

Scott @ Apex

LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post

That looks excellent! Cool

And... Strangely familiar:

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
Nice 226! Very nice!!

Check out page 28 of this thread for the SBF pictures of this gun (then look at the date!)

Some say patience is a virtue!!

Veni, Vidi, Risi

Posts: 891 | Location: SW, NH | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by McGee23:
OK, so stupid question, but what's wrong with the G20? Now granted it's not a SIG but why not just use that if you want a 10?

I handled the prototype today and now see how ridiculous the above was to even think. This thing, this metal, had an aura, it resonated a feeling that can not be described. It can not be understood. It can only be felt. I found myself going back to it again and again over the course of the day a few times every hour. I could only guess that's what Frodo felt like when he looked upon the ring. It was crazy. If I had a platform for one of these 10's, if I had the capitol to put into it, I would have one commissioned for my own. They are simply too awesome for language.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: McGee23,

Posts: 4668 | Location: Marysville, WA | Registered: May 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wow...10mm,.....must be awesome !!

when I just read your posting, my mind flash back to earlier days.....desert delta? was it the name ? it's 10mm....

last time I ran into Turners & sports, they don't have it anymore, .....

good old memories...anyway

Posts: 24 | Location: Los Angeles - California | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by motor:
Apologies if this has been brought up before.
Since glock was able to make a plastic 10mm, why don't we try a 10mm full size 250?

Anyone game? Maybe a while yet before the Sigs come out anyway, but doesnt hurt to ponder the requirements to try it.

Basically, I need interest from 15 or more people so I can get barrels made. How much interest is there?

I'd be very interested. Are you still considering this? A 10mm P250 would be very tempting!

Posts: 1 | Registered: July 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sevans:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by motor:
Apologies if this has been brought up before.
Since glock was able to make a plastic 10mm, why don't we try a 10mm full size 250?

Anyone game? Maybe a while yet before the Sigs come out anyway, but doesnt hurt to ponder the requirements to try it.

Basically, I need interest from 15 or more people so I can get barrels made. How much interest is there?

I'd be very interested. Are you still considering this? A 10mm P250 would be very tempting!

I'm not sure if the 250 could handle a 10mm, it could possibly work if the round will fit in the mag opening in the frame.

Scott @ Apex