SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The 10mm SIG 220ST Project
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 65
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 10mm SIG 220ST Project Login/Join 
Picture of AaronP220R
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I've been a horses ass lately. As you know it's not like me either. But as I will be unemployed next Tuesday my stress level is beyond maximum and i vent in odd places. I'm sorry for calling you out. I should have known better of you of all people. Please forgive me.

-Aaron

Les Baer Premier II (Custom Carry look-alike)
Les Baer TRS Hard Chrome
Sigarms P220 Carry SAO Beavertail
Sigarms P226 Blackwater
Sigarms P226ST 9mm

Posts: 4649 | Location: NW Houston Texas | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Let me add a few pics to the 10mm post..

Posts: 2673 | Registered: June 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AaronP220R
posted Hide Post
Damn i like that mag well! Excellent work GGI!

Les Baer Premier II (Custom Carry look-alike)
Les Baer TRS Hard Chrome
Sigarms P220 Carry SAO Beavertail
Sigarms P226 Blackwater
Sigarms P226ST 9mm

Posts: 4649 | Location: NW Houston Texas | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't see anything to credit GGI on the gun in the pictures. Maybe they need to have someone take, say, Nills grips, and get the GGi logo on them (maybe with a picture of a kitten?) to complete the work. But other than that, gorgeous, and hey Scott, that's what I want mine to look like! Wink
BTW, what are the chances of modifying Crimson Trace P220 grips to fit the magwell?

NRA Endowment member, because who else is going to protect your 2nd amendment right?

Posts: 157 | Location: Roanoke, VA | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
You know at first I was just going to get the basic conversion. Now thanks to these pictures I will likely have to get two done. One basic and another full custom. Now to get another 220ST. OK, where can I get another 220St and could I have it sent directly to Gray Guns if that is OK with you Bruce?

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
I believe we're going to send them out to have our logo added to them via Laser Engraving. For those customers who don't want that addition, we'll hold off.

We haven't tried the CT grips, but I'd be happy to take a look at them if you want to send them along.

So should I add the Super Black Graygunite to your invoice?

Scott

------------------------------
-------------------------------------------
Scott @ Apex
"Own enough guns that your wife will never notice a gun or 2 being added or taken away from the collection."
Leonard Novak - "Thee Gambler" (SASS)
------------------------------------------------

My guides to Sig Lubrication: http://www.apextactical.com/bl...-sauer-pistol-rails/

http://www.apextactical.com/bl...nternal-lubrication/

Posts: 3489 | Location: Apex Tactical Specialties - Peoria, AZ | Registered: June 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flork:
I believe we're going to send them out to have our logo added to them via Laser Engraving. For those customers who don't want that addition, we'll hold off.

We haven't tried the CT grips, but I'd be happy to take a look at them if you want to send them along.

So should I add the Super Black Graygunite to your invoice?

Scott

Absolutely! Big Grin And of course the laser engraving as well. I don't have CT grips at the moment, but let me chew on it a day, and have a set delivered if I decide to do that.

Best Regards, George

NRA Endowment member, because who else is going to protect your 2nd amendment right?

Posts: 157 | Location: Roanoke, VA | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
George,

Just remember, I can't guarantee that I'll be able to make them work.

Scott

------------------------------
Scott @ Apex
"Own enough guns that your wife will never notice a gun or 2 being added or taken away from the collection."
Leonard Novak - "Thee Gambler" (SASS)
------------------------------------------------

My guides to Sig Lubrication: http://www.apextactical.com/bl...-sauer-pistol-rails/

http://www.apextactical.com/bl...nternal-lubrication/

Posts: 3489 | Location: Apex Tactical Specialties - Peoria, AZ | Registered: June 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that had occurred to me, that is why I am chewing on it. Thanks!

Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Scott, do have an updated time estimate for the completion of the first batch?

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16489 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
We do guarantee our work for life, with a few common-sense caveats. We aren't going anywhere.

I don't doubt y'alls' competence, staying power or commitment to back what you build. Jimmy Newman had asked a reasonable question, and I didn't think "at worst, it'll be a valuable collectible" was a fair response. Call it sympathy for a neighbor on the learning curve from someone who looks forward to shooting a GGI 10mm a lot.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by herbie220:
Will this be strictly for the internal extractors, or will the conversion also work on the new external extractors. I am in on the second run of guns, and I was just curious. Herbie

I do not see why the newer external extractor version won't also be suitable, all else being equal. Good question, thank you!

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gary1911A1:
You know at first I was just going to get the basic conversion. Now thanks to these pictures I will likely have to get two done. One basic and another full custom. Now to get another 220ST. OK, where can I get another 220St and could I have it sent directly to Gray Guns if that is OK with you Bruce?

Thank you! As long as you have purchased the basic stock pistol elsewhere, you can have it shipped to us for this work. Need a 220ST or Stainless Elite? Ordnance Outsellers and Top Gun Supply are both big faves with the Forum membership and friends of ours whom we can endorse with great enthusiasm.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
We do guarantee our work for life, with a few common-sense caveats. We aren't going anywhere.

I don't doubt y'alls' competence, staying power or commitment to back what you build. Jimmy Newman had asked a reasonable question, and I didn't think "at worst, it'll be a valuable collectible" was a fair response. Call it sympathy for a neighbor on the learning curve from someone who looks forward to shooting a GGI 10mm a lot.

I'm not sure which one of us made that quote, but I guess it paraphrases 9mmepiphany's valid if somewhat speculative comments about future values. He was only addressing one aspect of this project when he responded to Jimmy Newman's concerns about parts and support down the line.

In any event I agree that our customers should have every confidence in us and our work apart from concerns about things like collectibility. We are not trying to build expensive toys, but rather we are taking the effort and time to build practically useful pistols that serve a purpose.

I hope my posts have been clear. I encourage y'all to read what Flork and I have written here about this project and take our words as the definitive word.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Newman:
I may have missed it somewhere in this thread (I didn't make it through the whole 27 pages), but I have a few questions about the conversion if you folks wouldn't mind answering.

I would love to have a 10mm P220ST, but have some concerns based on the level of custom work. If, 15 years down the line, you guys have moved on from the 10mm conversion project, how hard would it be to get someone to make replacements for the custom parts like the extractor, magazines, slide catch lever and mag release?

Thanks,
Jimmy

To clarify further, the mag release and slide catch lever are stock P220ST parts. The lever is only slightly adpated to this caliber and poses no serious interchange issues down the road.

It's really all a non-issue, but I understand the concern.

Many custom 1911's are far less easily supported than our 10mm P220's will be; we've thought this through to find methods of conversion and upgrades which will still permit reverse-installation and use of stock or lightly adapted components if desired. I'd like to imagine that this forethought has also allowed us to build them for less than a King's ransom.

Thanks for asking!

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
Scott, do have an updated time estimate for the completion of the first batch?

I'll swing at that one. As we are now delivering the first three, I'd say we are presently engaged in delivery of the first batch in series. Everything is tested, in hand and ready, so we'll continue to complete each remaining pistol in order as the slides and frame sets come back from treatment and finishing.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Picture of NorfolkP229
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'll take a GGI logo on my conversion.

---------------
Jeffrey

P365 - GGI P220ST 10mm - Sig Mosquito - Various Others

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. " - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7896 | Location: WNC Native, now in Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: August 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm also interested in the GGI logo. Will this delay delivery?

Posts: 141 | Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore | Registered: August 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NorfolkP229:
quote:

I'll take a GGI logo on my conversion.
Me, too. I think it will add to the overall package.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16489 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Bruce and "posse", what a handsome gun, as soon with new finish! The "friendship" is absolutely mutual and thank you for "endorsement"! Will do our best to never let you or any customer down! FWIW, we do have a few 220ST Elites; but no 220ST "pre Elites".

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post