SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The 10mm SIG 220ST Project
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 65
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 10mm SIG 220ST Project Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
and is described as a ferritic nitrocarburizing infusion process that introduces carbon into the surface of the steel and yields a surface case .0015 deep at between 50RC and 70RC depending on the substrate.

I think he let his secret identity slip. Big Grin

Posts: 18052 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluedog:
That's the cleanest and most natural looking magwell I've seen--very un-appendage like. Has a much cleaner look than a magwell on the 1911.

I know my eyes are going, but I still can't find a picture of the magwell. What am I missing? (Although I am sure I want one on my 10mm, along with the "gnarly black finish", so please include me.)
P.S. Scott, you have mail. Big Grin

NRA Endowment member, because who else is going to protect your 2nd amendment right?

Posts: 157 | Location: Roanoke, VA | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
page 18, last picture

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14183 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45R:
quote:
Originally posted by tetchaje:
Foshizle. Time to start hunting for a 220ST...

I have a GGI 220ST....but it'll cost you an arm and a leg Smile

your keep teasing me with that ggi 220st. I'll throw in a good c1 adjustment.

Bryan

Posts: 9 | Location: N. California | Registered: May 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
page 18, last picture

Thanks!

NRA Endowment member, because who else is going to protect your 2nd amendment right?

Posts: 157 | Location: Roanoke, VA | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have a few 220ST Elite's if anyone is interested for next series?

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ordnance Outsell:
Have a few 220ST Elite's if anyone is interested for next series?

Thanks! We have a number of shooters on the second series list now who should be interested.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bruce! Just wish we could ship direct to you for conversion; but fed's tax issue won't permit that, unfortunately! Appreciate your explanation of that a few months ago!

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ordnance Outsell:
Thanks Bruce! Just wish we could ship direct to you for conversion; but fed's tax issue won't permit that, unfortunately! Appreciate your explanation of that a few months ago!

You are most welcome. Thanks for everything you do for our mutual customers and Forum members!

-Bruce

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bruce, as you well know, we both have some very good people to work with, making doing a business a pleasure! Just received some more 220ST Elites today, if anybody in need for your conversion?

One of these days, I'd like to take a class, when you might next be conducting one nearby!

770-977-0662

posted Hide Post
With all the development work that has gone into this project, GGI must have some thoughts on ammo: What have you found in the way of production ammo that this 10mm likes? What about reloading experiences? This should distract those of us waiting for at least a little while, hunting for the best prices and running the Dillon.

Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gemurdock:
With all the development work that has gone into this project, GGI must have some thoughts on ammo: What have you found in the way of production ammo that this 10mm likes? What about reloading experiences? This should distract those of us waiting for at least a little while, hunting for the best prices and running the Dillon.

Great question! We've talked about this before but this gives me an opportunity to update our ideas on ammo and loading for these pistols.

We will suggest you run moderate loads through your 10mm 220 in practice simply to extend service life, as a matter of common sense. I define "moderate" as in the 180 grain / 1150 FPS class. We've shot a lot of the Remington green-box 180 grain FMJ practice ammo, and it functions really well. This stuff makes 207 PF, which is well above what 45 ACP ball puts out, yet is "soft" by 10mm standards.

The CCI Blazer 10mm is also good, a bit hotter and cheaper.

For a practical, pretty hot factory load that you could still conceivably carry, it's hard to beat the Winchester Silvertip stuff. At 225 PF, it's towards the top of the power heap. I prefer the Hornady Custom 180 grain load, which makes 212 PF and is really an optimal choice for defense.

There are a couple of smaller outfits who are known for offering very hot 10mm ammo, as discussed earlier in this thread. We've now had some experience with their products and the results have been mixed as far as consistency is concerned.

Our 10mm's have supported chambers and are of course completely safe with SAAMI-spec 10mm loads. I'm not sure if everything being offered by the smaller makers meets current SAAMI specs, however, so be careful!

We have recently heard from two 10mm Delta Elite owners who reported blown cases with one particular maker's heavy 10mm loads. I report this with some reservation as I don't like to spread anecdotal stories, but these reports are credible to me and point up my concerns about excessive loads in ANY 10mm pistol.

More than before, I have reason to strongly suggest you stick with ammunition from the major makers, or else load up towards your desired power factor yourself using mainstream, sane data. Oregon Trail Bullet Company sells a load manual for cast bullets that includes a good section for the 10mm. www.laser-cast.com(Yes, I wrote it.)

In any event,

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

posted Hide Post
Ok now we need a 10mm ammo group buy

Posts: 395 | Registered: June 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I too have been looking into getting some 10mm ammo. I checked ammoman.com and they have Federal American Eagle 10mm FMJ 180 grain FMJ. It's going for $350 for 1000 rounds. What do all of you think of this round and price???

Posts: 2673 | Registered: June 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I have been following this thread for a while. I am not a 10mm fan, but I am intrigued. I will say though, that this has excited me.

I own two P220 ST's. A P220 ST Nitron (that will remain stock!) and a P220R Carry ST Elite. If this program is a success (and I'm sure it will be!) will alternate versions of the P220 (ie, the Carry) be considered for conversion? Or will this entail more R&D?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by uzigalil:
Ok now we need a 10mm ammo group buy

+1!

I'll probably go with 500 rounds of UMC from Natchez.

BTW guys...when we finally do take delivery of our newest toys...let's see pics!

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
We've shot a lot of the Remington green-box 180 grain FMJ practice ammo, and it functions really well. This stuff makes 207 PF, which is well above what 45 ACP ball puts out, yet is "soft" by 10mm standards.

The CCI Blazer 10mm is also good, a bit hotter and cheaper.

For a practical, pretty hot factory load that you could still conceivably carry, it's hard to beat the Winchester Silvertip stuff. At 225 PF, it's towards the top of the power heap. I prefer the Hornady Custom 180 grain load, which makes 212 PF and is really an optimal choice for defense.

-Bruce

Thanks Bruce! I had used the Hornady Custom in the past in my Glock 20, and liked it a lot. I had also used the CCI Blazer, but it wasn't as accurate (not as consistent?) Will have to try the Silvertip. And count me in if you think that you can get a good price on ammo, but I doubt there is much leverage on volume at the moment.

posted Hide Post
mbinky, while I'm sure Bruce or Scott will speak for themselves; but "Carry" all stainless 220 is not eligible for conversion; due, if I remember correctly, to increased slide velocity of the Carry over full size? Wouldn't surprise me if they figure out a solution for this sometime down the road?

770-977-0662

Jerk of all trades
Picture of Craigar45
posted Hide Post
quote:
I too have been looking into getting some 10mm ammo. I checked ammoman.com and they have Federal American Eagle 10mm FMJ 180 grain FMJ. It's going for $350 for 1000 rounds. What do all of you think of this round and price???

Georgia Arms sells 1k@ $285. Not the hottest stuff out there, but reliable and uses great starline brass. I occasionally buy a case just to get the brass!

C

Slow is fast = fast is slow

Posts: 1408 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
Bruce, I know you are a busy man, but if you're interested in the Bren Ten, the book "Bren Ten The Heir Apparent" is an interesting read. Towards the end there is an interview with Paul Liebenberg on Geometric Lock Time which I'm sure you are also aware of. Anyway looking forward to being in your second production run.

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post