SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The 10mm SIG 220ST Project
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 65
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 10mm SIG 220ST Project Login/Join 
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
OK, so stupid question, but what's wrong with the G20? Now granted it's not a SIG but why not just use that if you want a 10?

i think you're missing the whole point. if you just wanted a 10mm, besides the glock, you could get a 1911, a dan wesson, a EAA, a S&W 610...i could go on.

this is a custom gun that i still can't believe that they are charging so little for...no wonder bruce has to live in a hovel

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of signoir
posted Hide Post
Some of us are Sig enthusiasts. Some of us are 10mm enthusiasts. And some of us can't resist the "cool factor". I happen to be all 3. I can understand if you pass on the GGI offer if you're not at least 2 of the 3. I agree that, given cheaper alternatives like the G20, the price of the gun + GGI conversion is expensive but I don't think that it's unreasonably so.

"When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power...like God must feel... when he's holding a gun!" H. Simpson.

Posts: 1044 | Registered: July 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If you have to ask...

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you have to ask...

to many times that power

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DCM7
posted Hide Post
quote:
this is a custom gun...

9mmepiphany,
I really believe it is more than that. When I think of the project, I equate the GGI 10mm to that of a 1911 built by Armand Swenson. It is and will be historically significant because of the builder, the caliber and the platform.

FWIW and respectfully submitted.

Regards,
Will M.

Life Member: NRA - ORPA - TSRA - GSSF

Operation Specific Training / Bruce Gray's Practical Fundamentals

Pax Armis Acquiritur (Peace is acquired by arms.) - Μολὼν Λαβέ (Come and take them!) - Seisha Seichu (Correct Shooting is Correct Hitting) - L'Olam Lo! (Never again!)

Posts: 6333 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signoir:
Some of us are Sig enthusiasts. Some of us are 10mm enthusiasts. And some of us can't resist the "cool factor". I happen to be all 3. I can understand if you pass on the GGI offer if you're not at least 2 of the 3. I agree that, given cheaper alternatives like the G20, the price of the gun + GGI conversion is expensive but I don't think that it's unreasonably so.

I think you nailed the 'why?', at least for me. I like SIGs, there is definitely a cool factor, and the concept of a 220 10mm is steering me towards owning other 10mm pistols.

Posts: 71 | Location: Hampton Roads VA | Registered: April 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NorfolkP229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signoir:
Some of us are Sig enthusiasts. Some of us are 10mm enthusiasts. And some of us can't resist the "cool factor".

Guilty on all three counts!!!!

---------------
Jeffrey

P365 - GGI P220ST 10mm - Sig Mosquito - Various Others

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. " - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7896 | Location: WNC Native, now in Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: August 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
Question: I finally got my P220 Elite Stainless to Gray Guns on Tuesday for the "Hello Kitty!" conversion.....do you think it's too early to start contacting Flork to find out when it will be done?????? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Wink

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anarion, of course not! I'd call Flork every hour, on the hour, until you had your "kitty killer" back! "Squeaky wheel" you know! Ha

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
LOL! I think I can hold out till after Thanksgiving before I start doing that...maybeBig Grin

The wife is already shaking her head at me and muttering something about, "boys and their toys...(with a Roll Eyes thrown in for good measure)" I'm not sure what she means exactly, but I get the impression that it's not complementary.

BTW, thanks again for the help on getting this, Jerry. I'm sure when the P250 subcompact comes out, I'll be in touch.

Have a good weekend, y'all!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Anarion,

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anarion, atta boy! Let that iron will manifest itself so you can wait until Thanksgiving! Then you can call all day Turkey Day, so you can begin to "bond with"...err harass Flork.

My pleasure in helping you with gettint it! FYI, word is "subcompact" 250 will be about size of a 239, which is kinda disappointing! Was hoping for Glock 26/27 or PM9 size. BTW could y'all send a little rain our way, please! With water restrictions, starting to breath hard at just the sight of running water!

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ordnance Outsell:
Anarion, of course not! I'd call Flork every hour, on the hour, until you had your "kitty killer" back! "Squeaky wheel" you know! Ha

Jerry.......You're gonna get a large heavy package from me soon......it will contain the pieces of every customer's pistol you have ever sent me.....did I mention that they will have gone through the wood chipper first????

I'm still unsure when we'll have the 10mm pistols finished, but as soon as we know something, I'll let you all know.

------------------------------
-------------------------------------------
Scott @ Apex
"Own enough guns that your wife will never notice a gun or 2 being added or taken away from the collection."
Leonard Novak - "Thee Gambler" (SASS)
------------------------------------------------

My guides to Sig Lubrication: http://www.apextactical.com/bl...-sauer-pistol-rails/

http://www.apextactical.com/bl...nternal-lubrication/

Posts: 3489 | Location: Apex Tactical Specialties - Peoria, AZ | Registered: June 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flork, was afraid that "large heavy package" was going to be your "recycled" Thanksgiving Dinner! LOL I would have considered myself to be in danger if I didn't know you guys had too much pride in your work and care about your customer's satisfaction! Just in case I planted a seed of an idea, my Chief of Security, Gunter will be doing a "sniff test" on any package shipper I don't recognize. Anyone with the audacity to post an ad "buy Flork's crap" wouldn;t ship it for free anyway! LOL

770-977-0662

Picture of CPUFIXER
posted Hide Post
Could an X-5 be converted to a 10mm? Cool

Posts: 1397 | Location: Huntersville, NC | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
I WISH!!!!!! The Mag Well is too short for that.

Too bad too, I'd love an X-5 in 10MM for a duty gun.

Scott @ Apex
"Own enough guns that your wife will never notice a gun or 2 being added or taken away from the collection."

My guides to Sig Lubrication: http://www.apextactical.com/bl...-sauer-pistol-rails/

Posts: 3489 | Location: Apex Tactical Specialties - Peoria, AZ | Registered: June 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NorfolkP229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flork:

I'm still unsure when we'll have the 10mm pistols finished, but as soon as we know something, I'll let you all know.

Are you still anticipating January/Feburary-ish?

---------------
Jeffrey

P365 - GGI P220ST 10mm - Sig Mosquito - Various Others

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. " - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7896 | Location: WNC Native, now in Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: August 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
I'm definitely hoping so.

Scott @ Apex

Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
I love my Glock 29 but it would Pale in comparison
to a Sig 10mm

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2255 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cyberphobia:
I love my Glock 29 but it would Pale in comparison
to a Sig 10mm

Thanks! I wasn't sure why anyone would compare them to begin with, as they are different pistols that do different things in my view. The Glock 29 is a good gun for what it is, but it's not for everyone. Nor is our conversion intended to be an inexpensive compromise to get a gun out in that caliber.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG_NZ
posted Hide Post
I just heard that my Glock 20 has arrived in the country (after waiting almost a year to get to NZ) so I will see if that can quench my 10mm thirst.....maybe one day Grayguns will export a 10mm sig for me...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
P226R - 9mm
Glock 20 - 10mm Auto
Desert Eagle - 44 Magnum
If you haven't solved your problem with fifteen rounds, a pistol was an inappropriate choice for the scenario!

Posts: 197 | Registered: March 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post