SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Legion 226 Barrel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legion 226 Barrel Login/Join 
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted
Does anyone know if there are Threaded P226 Legion barrels commercially available?

If not: (1) Is there any difference between the SIG threaded phosphate barrels and the Legion Barrels? and regardless if there is a difference, (2) has anyone swapped out a threaded phosphate barrel with the Legion original Barrel and tried it?

I apologize if its a dumb question. It seems pretty simple, but I don't know the answer, I don't know if the barrel dimensions will allow a simple drop-in replacement, and I don't want to mess up my Legion. Thank you for the help.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As far as i can tell Legion barrels are just 226 barrels. I have swapped slides and barrels without any issues on mine (but not to a threaded one, but it makes no difference). The barrel swap will obviously have the same risk as any barrel swap its possible some fitting could be required, but it normally shouldn't be.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
One of the first things I purchased while waiting for my 226 Legion SAO to arrive was a 226 threaded barrel from SIG. Fits perfectly and haven't had a single issue with it.

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 568 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the info.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post