SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    new Springfield Armory Hellcat 11+1 pistol, competition for P365
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

new Springfield Armory Hellcat 11+1 pistol, competition for P365 Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I tried the Hellcat out today at LGS that had one for rent. Nice pistol but too small for my hands, particularly trigger reach. I could not get near center of target even at 7 yards. I was shooting with the 13 round magazine which gave me a nice full grip. Oh well I tried, I am sure many will love it. I will stick with my original Walther PPS for my slim 9MM CCW pistol and I have not problem shooting dead on center with it.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
Still some nice groups Grumpy - that Gat Guns range? How'd the grip feel?

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1236 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Yeah it was GAT. Grip felt fine other than too small for me.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The true single stacks (G43, Shield, various Kahrs) aren't thin enough?

quote:
Originally posted by RH45:
Instead of seeing how many rounds they can pack in, I would prefer someone to come out with a thinner pistol. If Heizer can make a 45, that’s only.8” wide, you would think that someone would come out with a thinner 9mm. For inside the waistband, as far as I’m concerned, thinner is better!

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Instead of seeing how many rounds they can pack in, I would prefer someone to come out with a thinner pistol. If Heizer can make a 45, that’s only.8” wide, you would think that someone would come out with a thinner 9mm. For inside the waistband, as far as I’m concerned, thinner is better!

LC9s is as skinny as it can be. Try one out.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t think so. I have a Kahr CW380 that’s.75” wide, which I think is fine, but, as soon as you move up to a 9mm, they’re all about an inch wide. I don’t understand how one company can get a big, fat, .45 down to.8” wide, but a 9mm, that’s the same diameter cartridge, as a.380, is at least an inch.

quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
The true single stacks (G43, Shield, various Kahrs) aren't thin enough?

quote:

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
If Heizer can make a 45, that’s only.8” wide

Who?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
If Heizer can make a 45, that’s only.8” wide

Who?

Heizer
Model PKO45
I have yet to fondle one. Most of the dealers that carry them are in Missouri, where they are built

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Heizer
Model PKO45
I have yet to fondle one. Most of the dealers that carry them are in Missouri, where they are built
Yeah, pretty much an unknown quantity - and while its thin, it has multiple other features I don't care for.

Honestly, it looks like a High Point and Taurus had a really bad one night stand.

And if 1.0 pistol is too wide to CCW, I'm not really sure what to say.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Thanks Grumpy1 for the review & perspective..

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe the Heizer is a Derringer basically. All the extra autoloader operations are probably where we get the 1" width. Glad someone here got hands on. How was the recoil/flip?

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
I believe the Heizer is a Derringer basically. All the extra autoloader operations are probably where we get the 1" width. Glad someone here got hands on. How was the recoil/flip?

Heizer originally just made derringers. They only came out with their semi auto recently. I would really love to shoot one. I don’t NEED another carry gun, but I’m not going to drop $900 without even being able to fondle one

Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I tried one today too along with a P365. I liked the Sig's trigger slightly better. The Hellcat seemed well made and if reliable, it will be a winner. My LGS wanted about $50 more for the Hellcat.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like my P365 with the 12 round mag. I carry it sometimes instead of my normal EDC. It is also light enough to clip to a pair of sweats or shorts without a belt. ( Don Hume leather clip holster meant for PM9 ) I see no point for the Hellcat as it is so similar to the Sig and I would wait to see how it works anyway.

A quick note on the safety discussion. I do not like a safety on my EDC. While I do shoot 1911's slightly better than my collection of H&K's that are my usual EDC's I do not like a safety. When I was shooting in competition, better shooters than me, Masters, would draw, curse and then click off the safety. It did not happen often but I if the stress of a match could cause that how about a self defense situation. No matter how often you practice and Master shooters practice often.

Grab A Gun has the Hellcat for $499.00

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Palmetto has the pistol for 499 as well.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
I have the P365XL and HellCat. Here was my first time out with the cat. Small dots were at about 12' to very sight alignment. Silhouette was mostly failure drills at 21'.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Any YouTube gun channels review this new pistol yet?

If you are a hickock45 Patreon member, you can go watch it now. Otherwise, he usually uploads to YouTube in a couple or three days.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Hickok45 review is on YouTube now-
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjfIWLGiiIw

Bill

Posts: 137 | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
How much are the mags for the Hellcat? I know the 365 mags are around $35 or so.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been holding off buying a 365, because I really don't NEED one, and now Springfield comes out with a pistol, with a front sight that I can probably see better than the 365, but, but, it's a Springfield. I can't believe it is as accurate as a Sig.