SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    new Springfield Armory Hellcat 11+1 pistol, competition for P365
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

new Springfield Armory Hellcat 11+1 pistol, competition for P365 Login/Join 
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I tried one at my local indoor range the other day. 50rds of Blazer Brass with zero malfunctions.

I like the sights better than P365 but that's about it. The P365 has a better out of the box trigger and there's nothing about the Hellcat that makes me want to dump my P365's.

I give SA credit for squeezing another round in a gun that is almost the same size (grip is wider) at the P365 and I also give them credit that this is their first small gun that I actually like the grip.

That being said I won't be replacing my P365's with the Hellcat.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Okay, but if you didn't already own the P365, but we're able to shoot both before deciding which to buy, which would buy?

quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
I tried one at my local indoor range the other day. 50rds of Blazer Brass with zero malfunctions.

I like the sights better than P365 but that's about it. The P365 has a better out of the box trigger and there's nothing about the Hellcat that makes me want to dump my P365's.

I give SA credit for squeezing another round in a gun that is almost the same size (grip is wider) at the P365 and I also give them credit that this is their first small gun that I actually like the grip.

That being said I won't be replacing my P365's with the Hellcat.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Any bets on when SA, Inc will issue the obligatory recall?

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Okay, but if you didn't already own the P365, but we're able to shoot both before deciding which to buy, which would buy?

Probably the P365 due to the better trigger out of box, the ability to upgrade to a factory flat trigger and I'm not a fan of SA's politics.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Which will come first; the recall, or the denial that there is a problem? or maybe the denial will be followed by a free factory upgrade... and a plastic holster to cover your shipping....

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2223 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick:
quote:

Which will come first; the recall, or the denial that there is a problem? or maybe the denial will be followed by a free factory upgrade... and a plastic holster to cover your shipping....

You mean that Springfield doesn’t cover shipping? That would be enough for me to NOT buy one!

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Big question is will it be a called a Recall or Mandatory Safety Upgrade? Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
I got to shoot 50 rounds thru a hellcat yesterday. The gun functioned flawlessly but I didn't care for the recoil impulse or ergo's. Didn't think the trigger was that great either, lots of slack, break was mushy. I'll stick with the xds for now

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1236 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Over the last week, we have had 5 customers come into the shop looking to buy 365s to replace the ones that they "...foolishly sold..." (their words) to buy Hellcats.

Only one brought in his Hellcat to trade in on another 365. But when told the purchase offer/trade value, elected to keep it and do a straight buy on the 365.

All of them commented on the unpleasant recoil of the Hellcat vs the 365. And all of them commented on the excellent 365 trigger vs the Hellcat.

And no, we won't be ordering any Hellcats to keep in inventory. Wink Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Since you're talking sales, how are the Glock 43 and 43X, and even the Smith Shield, doing relative to the P365 at this point? Are you still selling all the P365s you can get?

quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
Over the last week, we have had 5 customers come into the shop looking to buy 365s to replace the ones that they "...foolishly sold..." (their words) to buy Hellcats.

Only one brought in his Hellcat to trade in on another 365. But when told the purchase offer/trade value, elected to keep it and do a straight buy on the 365.

All of them commented on the unpleasant recoil of the Hellcat vs the 365. And all of them commented on the excellent 365 trigger vs the Hellcat.

And no, we won't be ordering any Hellcats to keep in inventory. Wink Regards 18DAI

The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
We are srill selling every 365 we can get. We took in 30 the last week in October and as of today, have 11 left. We have a waiting list of 9 for the 365 SAS.

In the last 6 months we have sold 3 G43s and 2 43X. The 365 hurt those models. As far as the shield goes, we were not selling those prior to the 365 coming on the scene. But all three of us working here think the shield is junk. The Ruger EC9 outsells the shield.

We have 2 45 shields left and 3 9mm shields. The same ones we had this time last year. The only thing that has changed with the shield is we no longer take them in trade and we won't buy a used one. The owner is trying to sell the last 9 s&w handguns we have and then there will be no more, in this shop. And we were a s&w dealer at one time. Smile Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Thanks. This is really interesting.

quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
We are srill selling every 365 we can get. We took in 30 the last week in October and as of today, have 11 left. We have a waiting list of 9 for the 365 SAS.

In the last 6 months we have sold 3 G43s and 2 43X. The 365 hurt those models. As far as the shield goes, we were not selling those prior to the 365 coming on the scene. But all three of us working here think the shield is junk. The Ruger EC9 outsells the shield.

We have 2 45 shields left and 3 9mm shields. The same ones we had this time last year. The only thing that has changed with the shield is we no longer take them in trade and we won't buy a used one. The owner is trying to sell the last 9 s&w handguns we have and then there will be no more, in this shop. And we were a s&w dealer at one time. Smile Regards 18DAI

posted Hide Post
Now you guys MADE me buy a 365.

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I wasnt on the P365 bandwagon, and waited, and waited, and waited, until, finally, today, I went out and bought one. Serial number is in the 429,000 range, so perhaps they have sold that many, I don't know. At any rate, it seems solid. I put 50 rapid fire shots through it before leaving the gun store/range, and it worked perfectly.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poppy6x
posted Hide Post
I have and shoot all the pistols mentioned except the Glocks. The subject has been pretty well covered but, keeping it short, here are my headlines.

P365 Nice trigger, very accurate, 100% reliable
P365XL Not as good trigger, not as accurate
P365SAS Still getting use to sights
Hellcat Trigger not bad, prefer the sights
Shields Have 9,40,45,380. Like but don’t carry now

So, what am I packing? For deep concealment, rotating the P365 and Hellcat. When I can cover, it’s Beretta 92 Elite LTT and Glock 19 or 23. In winter, it’s 1911’s in 45ACP. What can I say, it’s a disease.

Sigs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Colts

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kahr just announced a 10 round mag. Makes the pm9 look good also.

Posts: 551 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:

Will the recall be because they forgot to put Grip Zone on there? Big Grin

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig is just as bad as SA. In fact, the safety recall for the XDS was much less of a safety concern than the P320s dropping issue.... for me anyway (I did not send back my xds or my p320). I feel like SA was much more up-front about the issue than sig was about the p320.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sourkraut
posted Hide Post
Jeepers...lots of SA Bashers out there.

Sig doesn’t exactly have a great record on recent problems. The 320 already mentioned as well as the 938 and the 365.

"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Louis

Posts: 591 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sourkraut:
Jeepers...lots of SA Bashers out there.

Sig doesn’t exactly have a great record on recent problems. The 320 already mentioned as well as the 938 and the 365.

Yeah, at least SA has the balls to call it a recall.

SIG get's with legal on how to mitigate a gun that fires with the trigger isn't pulled and calls it an "Upgrade".

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post