SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    new Springfield Armory Hellcat 11+1 pistol, competition for P365
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
new Springfield Armory Hellcat 11+1 pistol, competition for P365 Login/Join 
Member
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I tried the Hellcat out today at LGS that had one for rent. Nice pistol but too small for my hands, particularly trigger reach. I could not get near center of target even at 7 yards. I was shooting with the 13 round magazine which gave me a nice full grip. Oh well I tried, I am sure many will love it. I will stick with my original Walther PPS for my slim 9MM CCW pistol and I have not problem shooting dead on center with it.







“When the people find that they can vote themselves money that will herald the end of the republic.”
― Benjamin Franklin
"The problem with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money."
― Margaret Thatcher
 
Posts: 8978 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
Still some nice groups Grumpy - that Gat Guns range? How'd the grip feel?



*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final
 
Posts: 1203 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Yeah it was GAT. Grip felt fine other than too small for me.


“When the people find that they can vote themselves money that will herald the end of the republic.”
― Benjamin Franklin
"The problem with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money."
― Margaret Thatcher
 
Posts: 8978 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The true single stacks (G43, Shield, various Kahrs) aren't thin enough?

quote:
Originally posted by RH45:
Instead of seeing how many rounds they can pack in, I would prefer someone to come out with a thinner pistol. If Heizer can make a 45, that’s only.8” wide, you would think that someone would come out with a thinner 9mm. For inside the waistband, as far as I’m concerned, thinner is better!
 
Posts: 19138 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RH45:
Instead of seeing how many rounds they can pack in, I would prefer someone to come out with a thinner pistol. If Heizer can make a 45, that’s only.8” wide, you would think that someone would come out with a thinner 9mm. For inside the waistband, as far as I’m concerned, thinner is better!


LC9s is as skinny as it can be. Try one out.


-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...
 
Posts: 6282 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I don’t think so. I have a Kahr CW380 that’s.75” wide, which I think is fine, but, as soon as you move up to a 9mm, they’re all about an inch wide. I don’t understand how one company can get a big, fat, .45 down to.8” wide, but a 9mm, that’s the same diameter cartridge, as a.380, is at least an inch.

quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
The true single stacks (G43, Shield, various Kahrs) aren't thin enough?

quote:
Originally posted by RH45:
Instead of seeing how many rounds they can pack in, I would prefer someone to come out with a thinner pistol. If Heizer can make a 45, that’s only.8” wide, you would think that someone would come out with a thinner 9mm. For inside the waistband, as far as I’m concerned, thinner is better!
 
Posts: 129 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RH45:
If Heizer can make a 45, that’s only.8” wide


Who?
 
Posts: 43185 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by RH45:
If Heizer can make a 45, that’s only.8” wide


Who?

Heizer
Model PKO45
I have yet to fondle one. Most of the dealers that carry them are in Missouri, where they are built
 
Posts: 129 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RH45:
Heizer
Model PKO45
I have yet to fondle one. Most of the dealers that carry them are in Missouri, where they are built
Yeah, pretty much an unknown quantity - and while its thin, it has multiple other features I don't care for.

Honestly, it looks like a High Point and Taurus had a really bad one night stand.

And if 1.0 pistol is too wide to CCW, I'm not really sure what to say.
 
Posts: 43185 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Thanks Grumpy1 for the review & perspective..


_____________________________________________________________________
”At pretium libertatus“
امّا شما مشخص خواهد شد كه با همه شما را ملاقات کنند
 
Posts: 11839 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I believe the Heizer is a Derringer basically. All the extra autoloader operations are probably where we get the 1" width. Glad someone here got hands on. How was the recoil/flip?
 
Posts: 2020 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
I believe the Heizer is a Derringer basically. All the extra autoloader operations are probably where we get the 1" width. Glad someone here got hands on. How was the recoil/flip?

Heizer originally just made derringers. They only came out with their semi auto recently. I would really love to shoot one. I don’t NEED another carry gun, but I’m not going to drop $900 without even being able to fondle one
 
Posts: 129 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    new Springfield Armory Hellcat 11+1 pistol, competition for P365

© SIGforum 2019