SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Walther P5 (from a trade here in the Classifieds)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walther P5 (from a trade here in the Classifieds) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Mine didn't like HSTs but loves GDHP. BTW the compact model has an American magazine release - mags from the compact work in the P5 but P5 mags don't work in the P5c. I use mine for a EDC.

Posts: 329 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Congrats! I've long thought that the P5 was the most bad-ass looking semi auto ever made. Infinitely germanic. I'm an SAO guy, but I've been tempted to buy a P5 just to fondle.

Great photography, too.

I had one, and thought the same thing...bad ass Walther! Bad ass price on magazines back then too!

To the OP, quite a bad ass pistol!

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A couple of things caught my eye. One is the use of "11/83" to designated the date. Mine is a commercial P5 and the date code is "KC" for 1992. I'm guessing yours is a West German police or other law enforcement trade in? Also, what is the meaning of the acronym "BMI" on the left side of the slide? Just a guess but possibly "Bundesministerium des Innern". From what I understand, the P5 was used in two German states: Baden-Württenberg and Rheinland-Pfalz but not sure if it was used by any other (federal) agency there. I suppose that since the P5 was used in Holland, yours could have come from there.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pony220:
Mine didn't like HSTs but loves GDHP. BTW the compact model has an American magazine release - mags from the compact work in the P5 but P5 mags don't work in the P5c. I use mine for a EDC.

Thank you for the information. While the inability to feed hollow points wasn't a deal breaker with the P6 I would have been happier if it had fed hydra-shoks. The P5 is such a nice looking pistol I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation to wear it in a shoulder holster under a suit jacket on those occasions when I have to dress up a little.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
This P5 was done in CPII (slide, barrel, controls) and Cera-Hide (frame) a while ago. I eventually sold it to a member here. My lousy pics here just don't do it justice. Like I said, CCR does great stuff.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ross leather makes holsters for the P5. I carry mine in their pancake holster.

Posts: 329 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
This P5 was done in CPII (slide, barrel, controls) and Cera-Hide (frame) a while ago. I eventually sold it to a member here. My lousy pics here just don't do it justice. Like I said, CCR does great stuff.

very cool!

Posts: 3079 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a beautiful piece.
Love the design.

--- Joe ---
Sig Sauer P320RX, P229, P365XL
Henry Golden Boy 22LR
Ruger 10/22 Custom Build, AR-556, Wrangler
Springfield Saint
Browning URX
Tippmann M4-22 Elite-L

Posts: 32 | Location: SE, PA USA | Registered: June 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
Would love to add one of these beautiful pistols to my collection sometime! Congrats.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Beautiful gun & pics!
I've always thought the P5 was one of the sexiest designs in the gun world.

Congrats on the new pistola.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gfd37-3
posted Hide Post
PGT that is one GREAT looking P-5 and great looking photos Wink

Posts: 1567 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I love the less mainstream pistols of years gone by. The P5 and the HK P9 are two works of beauty.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P5 Compact is one of my Grail Guns. I doubt I'll ever find one that I can afford if the Powerball doesn't come through.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post