SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Walther P5 (from a trade here in the Classifieds)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walther P5 (from a trade here in the Classifieds) Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted
Super stoked about this one. New trade pickup.....sent a P320 and some cash and got this.

Posts: 3082 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Great gun & trade! Just need to get used to the brass ejecting on the opposite side. This one looks to be in especially good condition. Enjoy

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one once and thoroughly enjoyed shooting it - and looking at it, ... beautiful lines! It was, however, very heavy for a single-stack nine. Enjoy yours and thanks for posting,

Jerry

Posts: 158 | Location: Oregon | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
That's a beauty. Ya done good!

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I've long thought that the P5 was the most bad-ass looking semi auto ever made. Infinitely germanic. I'm an SAO guy, but I've been tempted to buy a P5 just to fondle.

Great photography, too.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8935 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Beautiful CCR work. Cool

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice, I've never seen a two-tone before.

Posts: 248 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: August 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
What a classic

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

I had a P5 in the late 80s, liked the gun - though it did have a bit of a long (but smooth) DA pull.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a beauty there. Good score.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a slick looking pistol. I've never actually seen a P5 before and didn't think they had made it into the States before. Does it have a European style magazine release and is that a frame mounted decocket?

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pistol.

quote:
Originally posted by Orive 8:
Very nice!

I had a P5 in the late 80s, liked the gun - though it did have a bit of a long (but smooth) DA pull.

That is why I sold mine.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrewR:
That is a slick looking pistol. I've never actually seen a P5 before and didn't think they had made it into the States before. Does it have a European style magazine release and is that a frame mounted decocket?

yes and yes

Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
Boy do I wish I knew how to take pics as well as you do. Enjoy your CPII/CPII Dusk Walther

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PGT,
How does it handle hollow Points? I had a 1979 police trade-in P6 some years ago that I traded away for a P225 mainly because out-of-the-box it wouldn't feed federal hydra-shoks and would have required a visit to a local smith to have some work done in order to resolve the issue.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great looking pistol!! I also have a P5 which came with a .30 Luger conversion barrel. Found it in the Fatherland back in the early 2000's - an Army Sgt Major was retiring in Germany and had to sell his (100+!!) handguns. Not to suggest that you reveal your trade secrets - but I'm thinking you shoot your pix against black felt ... Smile

Posts: 426 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCR:
Boy do I wish I knew how to take pics as well as you do. Enjoy your CPII/CPII Dusk Walther

Thanks! Its pretty simple...a $20 photo cube from Amazon to diffuse the light from a $50 4k lumen LED worklight from Lowes hanging above and an iPhone. Trick is getting the angle right so the light falls nicely on the gun and then meter the iPhone to let the black background disappear.

Waiting to get my CZ-83 back from you guys and have some walnut grips for it as well.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrewR:
PGT,
How does it handle hollow Points? I had a 1979 police trade-in P6 some years ago that I traded away for a P225 mainly because out-of-the-box it wouldn't feed federal hydra-shoks and would have required a visit to a local smith to have some work done in order to resolve the issue.

I actually haven't it yet. Terrible, I know.

quote:
Originally posted by GeoJelly:
Great looking pistol!! I also have a P5 which came with a .30 Luger conversion barrel. Found it in the Fatherland back in the early 2000's - an Army Sgt Major was retiring in Germany and had to sell his (100+!!) handguns. Not to suggest that you reveal your trade secrets - but I'm thinking you shoot your pix against black felt ... Smile

I'd love a 30 Luger barrel for it. And, no trade secrets...just a hobbyist who bought some goodies on Amazon to snap some nice pics though I rarely use the light cube as its so large. I need to get a smaller one actually).

Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pistol.
If it shoots as good as it looks, you have a real winner.
Congrats.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are big for what they are, an 8+1 9mm pistol. But they just ooze quality. I've owned two and liked them just fine. I parted with them because of my stupid practical side which asked how I would get them serviced economically if necessary. And the cost of the magazines. Sucks being poor and having expensive taste.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post