SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Dream Pistol: SIG M 11-A1 with Glock Inners
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dream Pistol: SIG M 11-A1 with Glock Inners Login/Join 
posted
I would love to have a Glock but there too much recoil for me and my SIGS are fantastic to shoot and have very little recoil (medical condition). In fact, my favorite carry gun and 9 mm is my SIG M 11-A1. I thought what I would like to have is my dream gun which would be SIG M11-A1 with Glock inner mechanisms. I respect the Glocks for their simplicity and durability. From gun owners, reviews, and gunsmiths that I have met they say Glock leads with durability, harsh condition environment, and functioning without cleaning.

Nevertheless, I doubt the 2 will ever get married and thus for now I am more than content with my SIGS. In fact I love them. Happy shooting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Blasphemy !

Posts: 1553 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
Blasphemy !

I know but I think of such impure thoughts. Maybe I should go to "confession."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Blasphemy !

Lol I have always wanted a Sig Pro in 45 GAP. 8 GAP cartridges fit into a .40. Sig Pro mag. I have a G37 and I like it but the caliber in a Pro would be better.

Ahh a man can dream.... Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I always wanted an all steel striker pistol the size of a P228/G19 also.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Get someone to machine you a lead weight that will clip onto the Glock's frame rail.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:

Hudson H9?

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rockchalk06:
quote:

Hudson H9?
I assume he wanted something reliable... Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by rockchalk06:
quote:

Hudson H9?
I assume he wanted something reliable... Wink

Are they that bad? Honestly I had to google them to see if they even had a metal frame. That is the extent of my knowledge lol

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
I have no idea if they are reliable, but there is a company making alloy and SS frames for Glocks. You can even get a backstrap insert to approximate a 1911 grip angle.

http://www.ccfraceframes.com/options.php

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
Sigs are very simple internally. Hammer, sear, a couple of pins, a few other parts. It's not a complicated mechanism by any means.

Posts: 4078 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Best thing I can recommend would be a Salient BLU. They also have a compact model.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
I have no idea if they are reliable, but there is a company making alloy and SS frames for Glocks. You can even get a backstrap insert to approximate a 1911 grip angle.

http://www.ccfraceframes.com/options.php

Interesting. I never knew that these existed.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Salient BLU.

Sorry but what is a "Slaient BLU?"

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:
quote:
Salient BLU.

Sorry but what is a "Slaient BLU?"

$3,000 Glock

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20817 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Convert a Glock to an aluminum frame?

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.c...ble-aluminum-frames/

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
You could try a 320 X Carry and add the X5 weight into the grip module?

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
WHAT?
That's like taking a pristine '63 Corvette Split Window, trashing the 327 Fuelie and putting in a Honda V-Tec!
Heretic!

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
Blasphemy !

Lol I have always wanted a Sig Pro in 45 GAP. 8 GAP cartridges fit into a .40. Sig Pro mag. I have a G37 and I like it but the caliber in a Pro would be better.

Ahh a man can dream.... Smile

If Sig came out with a SigPro in 45 GAP, I'd buy it! They could just put "45" on the slide. The 357sig Glocks just say "357" on the slide.
Some folks would get confused I suppose Wink

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post