SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 365 imperfection
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 365 imperfection Login/Join 
posted
Just was cleaning my 365 and never noticed before what seems to be an imperfection or defect in my frame , I never noticed it before and was wondering if any other365 owners have the same thing I have a pic below

Posts: 102 | Location: North Haven ,CT | Registered: March 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's the mold line in the frame for the ambi-safty...

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the large pic I dont know why that happened I will delete if need be , the defect is the horizontal gap below the slide if you look close it's almost whee two parts were fit together, not too good of a job if that's what it is .

Posts: 102 | Location: North Haven ,CT | Registered: March 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it somthing I should be concerned about?

Wandering, but
not lost...I think
Picture of brywards
posted Hide Post
I’m not exactly sure what you’re concerned about. I just put my P365 up next to your photo and everything looks the same...as in perfectly fine.

If you’re talking about the light upsweep of the slide for the last 2-3mm, the left side rail is identically upswept.

No, you should not worry about it.

Posts: 2715 | Location: West Texas | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like the safety cut out fill plug to me.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Mine looks exactly the same. 5/18 build.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8018 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Maybe this helps --

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8341 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I get home next month I'll have to check to see if any of mine have that mark...but "perfection" on a plastic pistol?

Does it affect the function of your pistol in any way?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4 | Registered: September 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I opened this thread with a sense of dread as I just purchased a P365 yesterday. Thankfuly other members have this same mark, as does my new 365 with a born on date of Feb. 14, 2019.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
When I first saw that horizontal mark on a P365 I used to have, I too thought it was an imperfection. Then I looked at others, and every P365 I've seen including ones built back in Feb 2018 up to ones built in 2019 have that tooling mark.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I never noticed it until you pointed it out. sounds pretty normal.

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok I didn't want to alarm anyone ,i just don't recall seeing it before, maybe imperfection isn't the right word but wasn't sure what it was at least now Im not gonna freak out about it since it seems that there are more like that, like I stated earlyer I don't recall seeing it before , thanks to all that helped straighten that out

posted Hide Post
Sns3guppy, no, the gun fired with no problems ,i only shot 50 rounds through it and i know that's not enough to test it but I could only say from what I shot and it was fine

posted Hide Post
Same mark on mine (shipping date January, 2019). I just passed 950 rounds, with ZERO malfunctions of any kind...Rod

Thread drift: XLT, in 72 years of living on God's green earth, you have the finest avatar I've ever seen!!!.

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 726 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg45FL
posted Hide Post
Thanks for pointing it out... I hadn't noticed it but mine has it as well and since I'm OCD it's going to drive me crazy now! Don't worry, given time and use it will develop scrapes, scuffs, etc and you'll forget about the line. After all, it's just a tool.

Posts: 48 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: January 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Mine has it - when it caused a problem, I'll worry. That's definitely one of those pistols I got for work and now show. It it works, I'll carry it. If it doesn't, I'll get rid of it.

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
Well, crap, now I can’t wait to get home to see if mine has that mark!

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is vin. Oct 2018, it’s there the little line. I have an uncounted amount of rounds through it and never even noticed it. Maybe it is from where a new P365 will spawn.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post