SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I Nailed a Rattlesnake with my P365
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Nailed a Rattlesnake with my P365 Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Animal Control only operates inside the city limits here. Barely.

Outside of that area, you’re on your own.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love snakes. Hate rattlesnakes though. Anything that can kill my kid is something I'll kill right off so F em -kill every damned one and I'm OK with that. All of them. BTW, they make snake shot in .22 that works well.

Encourage king snakes, bull snakes, gopher snakes etc etc and you'll have less rattlers.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread hits one of my pet peeves. Fucking idiots who get all aghast when you kill a venomous snake that is a threat to you and yours. It’s not like he is out hunting rattlesnakes. We have copperheads around here. I leave them alone. UNLESS they decide to come up around the house, then fuck them.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I shot a fat cottonmouth the other day. Whoever does t like it can KMA.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it's a choice between a rattle snake and my dog, the rattle snake is going to lose because I am going to do whatever it takes to dispatch it. Laws be damned.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our first year in AZ, after it turned hot, there was a 3 footer on the patio.
I had acquired a number of suitable firearms for such a case, but as it turned out, the shovel was the closest and handled the job quite well.

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike56:

Our first year in AZ, after it turned hot, there was a 3 footer on the patio. I had acquired a number of suitable firearms for such a case, but as it turned out, the shovel was the closest and handled the job quite well.
Yup, couple years ago a coral snake decided to pay a visit. It was on the concrete patio, so shooting, with the likelihood of ricochet, did not seem like a good idea. I used a garden hoe to decapitate it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30668 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
This thread hits one of my pet peeves. Fucking idiots who get all aghast when you kill a venomous snake that is a threat to you and yours. It’s not like he is out hunting rattlesnakes. We have copperheads around here. I leave them alone. UNLESS they decide to come up around the house, then fuck them.

As the first to respond in this thread in such a way, my apologies, seriously. To clarify, I have no issue whatsoever with killing poisonous snakes - what I said and meant to convey is that snakes needlessly suffer pain unless their brain is squashed (e.g., bullet, shovel, arrow, etc.) - my last childhood years were on a South Carolina property adjacent to a 'preserve' which meant, "swamp" that was adjacent to several streams/rivers...took several water moccasins in various ways, always through the head.

Posts: 559 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Based upon personal experience, I would never trust a snake shot *dead* with .22 ratshot to be dead, dead.

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I nailed a Black Bear with my S&W Shield 9X19mm.

Posts: 997 | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lowflash:

That has to be a fascinating story.

Don't leave us in suspense …

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by valleyforge.1777:
Where I'm from, rattlers are protected species and one does not declare in public that one has harmed a rattlesnake. They do prosecute for that around these parts.

And no, they don't care if it was in your yard or bothering your dog or whatever. Protected is protected.

Yep. My local as well. 6 or 7 species of rattlers here in my state but only 1 venomous species any where near my home.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by lowflash:

That has to be a fascinating story.

Don't leave us in suspense …

Yes, do tell us.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post