SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SRT vs QTR.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SRT vs QTR. Login/Join 
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted
Has anyone tried both SIG's short reset trigger (SRT) and Mr. Ritacco's quick trigger reset (QTR).

Your thoughts on pros/cons of each.

While I have several P series pistols with the short reset trigger, and I think it is a fabulous system, I am curious as to the benefits of the QTR.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1930 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Once you go QTR, you'll never go back to SRT. Smile
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...660074534#3660074534

Q

Posts: 26351 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Q. I have an M11-A1 that could use some help.

My search fu stinks.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."

Posts: 1930 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For carry level action work the SRT works fine. I have Robert Burke do the work and he can dial out overtravel and creep. The QTR really shines when doing competition action work.

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Thanks, mbacker.

Sent an email to Mr. Burke and received a prompt response. Shall pack up the M11-A1 and send to him to work his magic on. Going to try the Carry Level Action Work and QTR.

From everything I have read, suspect I will be suitably impressed.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Congrats! You won't be disappointed.

Q

Posts: 26351 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Once you go QTR, you'll never go back to SRT. Smile
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...660074534#3660074534

Agreed - it is soo much better.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

This. Robert's work is outstanding.

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had Robert perform the SRT carry job on my M11 A1 and love it. Then sent him my p226 to perform the QTR, comp job and dawson sights. You will be extremely pleased with the QTR.

Posts: 83 | Location: V.A | Registered: September 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sarge1998
posted Hide Post
I have both, but the carry level action job along with the QTR has made my "Burked" P228 hard to put down.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Posts: 440 | Location: Illinois | Registered: May 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Btw, his lightning fast turn around time is icing on the cake. He received another of my SIG exactly a week ago, and it's on its way back today.

Q

Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
I had the Carry Action and the QTR on my P224. It’s as near to a 1911 trigger as I could imagine from a DA/SA. Zip creep.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Considered AEP and SRT for one of my 226's, but just may reconsider and have Burke work his magic instead.

Posts: 27 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: October 20, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Robert has my M11-A1 being delivered tomorrow.

In addition to the scheduled work (carry action and QTR), Robert recommended I have the short reach trigger changed to the standard contour trigger, which I readily agreed to.

Can't wait to get my hands on it. I feel like a child on Christmas Eve, the suspense is killing me!

Quick turn around too, less than 3 weeks.

An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Well I’m dropping off 3 of my Sigs with Gerry at Total Automation in VA this weekend - all of which will receive the QTR & two of the pistols will also benefit from his high torque trigger modification. I’ll keep everyone posted on how the pistols turn out; Gerry has been very communicative regarding each request I’ve made.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redhookbklyn:
Robert has my M11-A1 being delivered tomorrow.

In addition to the scheduled work (carry action and QTR), Robert recommended I have the short reach trigger changed to the standard contour trigger, which I readily agreed to.

Can't wait to get my hands on it. I feel like a child on Christmas Eve, the suspense is killing me!

Quick turn around too, less than 3 weeks.

Ok, it's been almost a week now, since the post. So, what's the verdict? Big Grin

Q

Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Robert has done a half dozen guns for me. QTR is a superb system.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:

I treated my X5 Comp to a Robert Burke action job. And indeed, the reset is very short, and very crisp. At the range I sometimes keep pressure on the trigger after a shot, then slowly ease the pressure to better sense the delightful reset. Makes me smile!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post