SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Bonus check and what I did
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bonus check and what I did Login/Join 
posted
Been a long almost 2 months away setting up a branch of my business to better serve the southern US. I did come home for a week last month and finally finished last week. Got home last Friday and this week was spent going over progress reports and overall manufacturing ability.
Today I got my bonus check, which was really good, and headed to my LGS. Visions of 1911's, Glocks and AR's filled my head but I came to a realization when I pulled in the parking lot. It sounds crazy but I am comfortable with what I have right now. I have 2 AR's (same model), an AK and 3 pistols for carry duty. I have some other rifles, shotguns and pistols but most are collectibles/hunting weapons.
So, what did I buy? 2 cases of 45 ACP, 2 cases of 9mm, 2 cases of 223, 2 cases of 7.62, an assortment of 22 lr totalling about 1500 rounds and a few P mags.
They did have a Glock 19 Gen 5 and the M&P Compact 2.0 that I was tempted to buy but I passed.
This is the first time I've showed restraint and not bought a pistol or rifle. I did spend quite a bit on the other things but as I'm sitting here, I feel a sense of victory.
Weather is nice here in N.E. Ohio so I think I'll go shoot some of this ammunition. Big Grin

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
You done good.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you had a good day John. I bought 1K of 9mm & 2K of 22 this week & had a hard time putting it in my safe today. With the amount you bought today I think I'd need a safe just for ammo only Eek

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
You done good.

Agreed! You should be proud of yourself. Contentment is better than any acquisition.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Well done, sir!

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Very good, Sir...restraint. It’s something I lack.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guns are no good without ammo. That's what I have been doing lately is stocking up while it's cheap.

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Solid decision

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
A solid purchase!

I just wish you could've made it at my store, instead. Razz Big Grin

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
Been a long almost 2 months away setting up a branch of my business to better serve the southern US. I did come home for a week last month and finally finished last week. Got home last Friday and this week was spent going over progress reports and overall manufacturing ability.
Today I got my bonus check, which was really good, and headed to my LGS. Visions of 1911's, Glocks and AR's filled my head but I came to a realization when I pulled in the parking lot. It sounds crazy but I am comfortable with what I have right now. I have 2 AR's (same model), an AK and 3 pistols for carry duty. I have some other rifles, shotguns and pistols but most are collectibles/hunting weapons.
So, what did I buy? 2 cases of 45 ACP, 2 cases of 9mm, 2 cases of 223, 2 cases of 7.62, an assortment of 22 lr totalling about 1500 rounds and a few P mags.
They did have a Glock 19 Gen 5 and the M&P Compact 2.0 that I was tempted to buy but I passed.
This is the first time I've showed restraint and not bought a pistol or rifle. I did spend quite a bit on the other things but as I'm sitting here, I feel a sense of victory.
Weather is nice here in N.E. Ohio so I think I'll go shoot some of this ammunition. Big Grin

Good choice. I'm on the same page as you. While there will always be the next "new" pistol or rifle that attracts my attention, I have come to the realization that for me it makes more sense to become more proficient with what I already have. This has been my year for focus on training, which also requires more reloading and ammo purchases. As others have noted on the forum this year, now is the time to stock up on ammo, as prices are low and most are offering significant rebates.

I'm in N.W. Ohio, our weather here has been good too, took advantage of that today with range time with my sons.

Well done on the ammo buys.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Good job. One is required to sustain the other.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post