SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43X and G48 side by side
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43X and G48 side by side Login/Join 
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EasyFire:
Appears to be inferior to the Sig P365.

EasyFire

On paper maybe. Real world, the P365 is damn near close to a flop as I’ve ever seen. I’ve owned 3 that have went back to Sig. The 3rd went twice.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rockchalk06:
On paper maybe. Real world, the P365 is damn near close to a flop as I’ve ever seen. I’ve owned 3 that have went back to Sig. The 3rd went twice.

It is certainly not a “flop” in terms of sales. SIG cannot make them fast enough. According to this article https://www.fool.com/investing...andguns-of-2018.aspx it was the number one selling gun of 2018.

Posts: 1355 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:

EasyFire

I think this is true if the following are true:

1) you’re perfectly comfortable with the 365’s primer drag and relatability.

2) you don’t mind mag extensions for a full grip.

3) you can’t conceal a grip length longer than the 365’s.

If all of those are true, then I can completely understand. I think Sig absolutely has the design advantage. The G43X with Sig’s design advantage should be a 12-14 round capacity gun. Unfortunately it’s only 10 though.

I think the primer drag of the 365 is a design flaw and I think it will always have reliability issues. Time will tell though. It has certainly gotten better in the guns they started shipping this fall, maybe they can fix it eventually.

If they can fix it, they can easily put out a configuration with a grip the length of the 43x and take away the advantage the 43x has of being to do reloads without adjusting our grip so we don’t pinch the shit out of our hands. That and shootability are why I see the length of the 43x grip as an advantage. I’ve said before, I think we’ve lost our minds on these small guns that people can’t shoot worth a crap.

Given my concern about the 365’s reliability, having 12 rounds (with the extended mag) means nothing to me if my striker snaps. I’ll take two less rounds for the confidence/reliability. The longer grip is an added bonus.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigLaw:
quote:
Originally posted by rockchalk06:

It is certainly not a “flop” in terms of sales. SIG cannot make them fast enough. According to this article https://www.fool.com/investing...andguns-of-2018.aspx it was the number one selling gun of 2018.

I've only been around the gun community for a short 25 years or so, but I have never personally witnessed a weapon fail so many times that was considered to be a high end weapon. Take away every internet forum report, magazine article and YouTube video there is, personally I have seen 7 different P365 models fail or have some issues that can't be blamed on ammo or aftermarket parts. That is just in my short circle of Central Oklahoma.

My personal experience has shown 3 times it's failed. These were January, March and October weapons. All 3 purchased from different dealers in different states. That is not a coincidence.

The only thing the P365 has shown us is Sig has the best damn Customer Service on the planet.........after the sale, I mean fail.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I think Glock, whether by hook or by crook, has hit a sweet spot with these. I was excited by the 365 only to be let down when I held one. The front to back grip dimension is too small for me. Sure I can shoot it but I have to shoot it like a small .380.

I see the G48 as a perfect accompaniment to a the G19, not a replacement. It’s not all about grip width, its about overall girth, slide width, etc. the slide determines most of the holster bulge on the belt, not the grip. When I carried the 26 or 19 and had to tuck my shirt in I looked like the Hunch Hip of a Notre Dame. The G43 with Taran +2 is invisible.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Well, I caved and ordered a 43X from Glockstore.com. Now I play the waiting game.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spiff_P239:
Well, I caved and ordered a 43X from Glockstore.com. Now I play the waiting game.

it seems odd that the 43x is cheaper than the 43 by $50.

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 373 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whisky22:
quote:
Originally posted by Spiff_P239:

it seems odd that the 43x is cheaper than the 43 by $50.

Exact same price on the BL pistols and should be exact same price on others. The receipt in my wallet for a BL G48 OTD after tax is $391.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
You will buy a G43X and/or G48!

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I want the 48, only because I want to put the longer slide on my 43 frame.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Does Glock make a smooth trigger for the 43?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:

Will that work?
Will a 48 "upper" be compatible with a 43 "lower"?
If so, sweet...

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This has some great photos of the old 43 and 19 on top of the new models:

https://www.wideners.com/blog/...lock-48-vs-glock-19/

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
quote:

Will that work?
If so, sweet...

I hope so. I won't know until I can handle a 48 locally.
It makes sense though. I don't get the 19x/45/43x with the full sized grips and a short slide. A short grip and longer slide makes much better sense to me.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Will that work?
If so, sweet...

It makes sense though. I don't get the 19x/45/43x with the full sized grips and a short slide. A short grip and longer slide makes much better sense to me.

Wheaton Arms did it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs...&igshid=bwgk4shphdq6

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Will that work?
If so, sweet...

Wheaton Arms did it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs...&igshid=bwgk4shphdq6

Thanks for the replies.
I can't open the Instagram, but if you can make a "longslide" 43 by putting on a 48 "upper", then we can make our own 43X by putting a 43 slide onto our newly purchased 48?
Interesting.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
For those who can't see the pic. Photo is credited to Wheaton Arms.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the photo.

posted Hide Post
Am I weird for wanting a rail? I have a G19 and 43 and I'm not sure I'll be getting these though I'm glad folks have options. I'd still like a G365 even if it turned out to be ever so slightly bigger than the Sig.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post