SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43X and G48 side by side
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43X and G48 side by side Login/Join 
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted
https://www.full30.com/watch/M...-g43x-g48-first-look

Not to sure about the 2 tone but I need to get a pair of them. They do call the 43x a compact and not subcompact but if it's close it likely will give the 365 a run for it's money.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, will have both

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing. I like both but disappointed they have that silver finish. I like black. I'm sure there is a joke in there somewhere. Maybe they will release it in traditional finish color later.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I'm down for that 43x.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I'm down for that 43x.

Same here. I’ve got a preorder in for the 43x as soon as my dealer gets his hands on one.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Not a fan of the front slide serrations but may end up with a 43X anyway.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Somebody released that video too soon – the link is no longer good…

Posts: 419 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
new video

https://www.full30.com/watch/M...k-g43x-pistol-review

same length grip as the 19 just thinner on the 43x. The 365 grip with the 12 round mag is shorter by about 1/2 inch then the 43X 10 round.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't like Glocks,but I carry a 33 or a 19 regularly. For some reason I really like the idea of the 43x. Even though it's 10 rounds, the width probably will make it great for carry.

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 373 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...and I can't wait to get the 43 for cheaper!

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 373 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
Call me unimpressed. I have a Glock 19 and 43 and am not seeing a huge benefit to change for a minor grip advantage on a self defense, close range firearm. If you feel that 6 rounds is not enough, then you must think revolvers are obsolete. The SIG 365 still crams more ammo per inch of magazine. This is where Glock missed the mark in my view if they were going to modify the magazine.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jcsabolt2,

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3623 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Wow, a single stack G19. Roll Eyes

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcsabolt2:
Call me unimpressed. I have a Glock 19 and 43 and am not seeing a huge benefit to change for a minor grip advantage on a self defense, close range firearm. If you feel that 6 rounds is not enough, then you must think revolvers are obsolete. The SIG 365 still crams more ammo per inch of magazine. This is where Glock missed the mar in my view if they were going to modify the magazine.

I don’t think Glock missed squat. Much better and more comfortable grip, no that much bigger. Had a 365, got rid of it. Can’t wait for the G43x and 48. I am so in.

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I’m super excited about both of these guns! Thanks for the vid, I had not seen that one yet.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
More guns that don't make sense, like the 19X, UNTIL you get your hands on them and shoot them. These look ergonomic and will feel great in the hand. They will sell a ton.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:

Not to sure about the 2 tone but I need to get a pair of them. They do call the 43x a compact and not subcompact but if it's close it likely will give the 365 a run for it's money.

I dont see anything about the new glocks at that link

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:

I dont see anything about the new glocks at that link

I don't either. And I'm logged in to Full30. Have they been deleted?

Posts: 65 | Location: NC | Registered: September 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
They sorta pulled the links.

Friend texted me an embed link earlier - it still works:

https://www.full30.com/embed/MDE4NDkz

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Somebody had a working link in one of the comments. My guess is it’s embargoed until January 2nd.

Cliff notes. G43X is basically the Glock 45 of the G43. G48 is a single stack G19.

Both look almost ergonomic at least as far as Glocks go. Two tone finish is sharp.

G43X looks very controllable but basically has a G19 length grip.

G48 probably makes more sense as it has the same length grip with the additional barrel length for velocity.

No where near a P365 competitor. Honestly not really a competitor to something like a Walther PPS in my opinion as it’s more versatile for carry. Seems to be more P225ish type competition.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
and here's the embed link for the 43x (dedicated review instead of a side by side)

https://www.full30.com/embed/MDE4NDk0

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post