SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43X and G48 side by side
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43X and G48 side by side Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I didn't think the 43X made a whole lot of sense by itself (narrow market), however, releasing both of these at the same time as they share the same frame and magazines makes a lot of sense!

Now Glock has a robust single stack 9mm line from sub-compact to medium for ban-Staters or just those who like single stacks.

I don't carry Glocks, but do have a P6 and a Kahr K9 among my carry guns so I'm a fan of 9mm single stacks.

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I will be buying a G48, my wife likes my cut down G17 and I think it would be great for her.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I often carry my G-43 with the Pearce +1 extensions, making it 7+1. I was hoping the new 10rd mags would fit the old 43, but this video
shows the new mags are wider.

https://www.full30.com/embed/MDE4NDkz

Thanks again to whoever first posted it a few pages ago.

Here's a short review:

https://www.policeone.com/shot...usr_PBqhONMMalEaqXTe

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
I think I'll pass on both. Don't get me wrong, I own several Glock's, but my P365 is softer shooting and more accurate than my G43 was. And as for the G48, I'd carry a 1911 in 9mm.

Just not for me. Go for it if you are so inclined.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 43x is noticeably larger than the 43, it's not like it's slightly larger.

So it will be quite a bit bigger than the p365.

Seems like Glock is basically making their versions of the P225 and P239...

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I may like it. The 365/G43/lc9 feel just a bit small. I’m hoping it slots in between the 19/26 and the 43.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
For me, I think we’ve taken the small gun thing too far. I own an LCP 2, (even have two Seecanp .380’s), but those fun are so small that I really wouldn’t want to have to use them beyond 6’ or so. Even then, drawing them from concealment is slow and I rarely get a proper grip on them when I do it at speed. I like the 12 round mags on the 365 because I feel like I can get a good grip on it and I can draw it from concealment with consistency.

I actually like the grip length on the 43x and the 48. I’ll have to get my hands on them first, but I’m in hopes that it draws and shoots really well as a result. In the race for the smallest gun, I feel like we’ve lost sight of being able to actually shoot well and defend our lives with these tools.

For me, thinness is the #1 factor when I carry. I’ve long wished someone would make a Kahr with a better trigger (too long for me and I short stroke them), because I love the slimness. These guns aren’t for everyone, but that’s the point. Some guys want to pocket carry, but I never do. I think it’s horrible to draw from...for me. Some guys like ankle, some like SOB/appendix/3:00/4:00...we all carry differently.

If a G19 grip length conceals well for you, you like having a full grip for drawing and shooting, but you find thin guns far more comfortable to carry, these guns are perfect. I wish they would have matched the capacity of the 365 and fit 12 rounds in these guns (at least), but I’ll take 10 to carry a Glock I trust over a 365 I don’t.

I still think it would be smart for Sig to release a 365 with a 3.5” for those of us who prefer a little more sight radius, and a G48 sized gun in both grip length and barrel length. That is, a single stack g19 size. I’m guessing they’d be able to get 14 rounds in a g19 sized 365.

Not everyone wants a pocketable carry gun. I like big grips and sight radius, I just don’t like thick guns. I’m happy to see this market being served by a company like Glock.

^^^^^^ I couldn’t have said it better myself! I have said many times that Glocks don’t fit me and are uncomfortable to shoot in their stock form. But I will seriously consider these pistols and pay to have them altered to fit me.
As for ten round states; California will not accept new guns that will not micro-stamp a serial number onto a bullet and it’s casing, so the largest 10 round state is out.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2223 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
These makes sense for 2A shitholes like NYS.

Why have the overhead of a double stack design, when all that is permitted is 10 rounds?

Being from NYS, This is why I lean towards .45ACP.

Of them both, I could see owning the G43X...

Glock double entendre “X” as well as Roman numeral for 10.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BillyBonesNY:
Glock double entendre “X” as well as Roman numeral for 10.

I don't think that was intentional. They're following the same nomenclature as the previously released G19X, which has the barrel length of a G19 with a longer grip and greater capacity. Similarly, the G43X has the barrel length of a G43 with a longer grip and greater capacity.

And the G19X holds 17, not 10. But then, G19XVII doesn't roll off the tongue very well... Wink

Glock calls them "X" models, while Sig denotes theirs as "Carry" models. Same concept. Shorter slide combined with longer grip.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I checked out the G43X and the G48 today at my LGS and will pick up my G48 01/22/19.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBP55:
I checked out the G43X and the G48 today at my LGS and will pick up my G48 01/22/19.

I didn’t realize some stores had them on site already. Does your dealer have a special connection, or are they starting to arrive at regular dealers already?

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
quote:
Originally posted by JBP55:

I didn’t realize some stores had them on site already. Does your dealer have a special connection, or are they starting to arrive at regular dealers already?

Glock Distributor that received 20 of them in December and is now showing them to be delivered as authorized by Glock 01/22/19.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
If they G48 doesn’t make any sense to you, look at Canadian Firearm laws.

Then it will make perfect sense, in addition to being applicable to CCW use in the US and in Commie States.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
10 round magazines are available right now for the G43. I have some. I don't carry them, as a rule; they're too long and bulky. They work fine, but it's a bit much. With a +1 pearce baseplate on the standard Glock mags, it's already got a capacity of seven plus one in the chamber. That's as good as a 1911, but smaller, thinner, more reliable, works from a pocket.

I'll look at the other models, but just don't see the need.

This thread has given me a hankering to carry the G36, though. Maybe tomorrow.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will be taking a look at these,especially the 43X,nothing wrong with options.

Posts: 101 | Registered: January 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Appears to be inferior to the Sig P365.

EasyFire

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EasyFire:
We'll have to see how many broken firing pins and dead triggers are reported for the Glocks before that can be decided. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:

If SIG can iron out the reliability/durability issues and the magazine design proves to be robust over the long term then the P365 is sort of a paradigm shift. The only real way for another to play catch up to it is to start, as SIG did, from the magazine up. Glock will never be able to get a mag that small simply because of the plastic outer shell.(Glock magazine are however AWESOME, in general).

I would expect you will see some P365 competition come 2020 SHOT Show.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EasyFire:

EasyFire

How do you figure that, considering the abhorrent reputation of the P365?

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by EasyFire:

EasyFire[/QUOTE

Are you a comedian?