SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43X and G48 side by side
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Glock 43X and G48 side by side Login/Join 
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Years ago when Sig started added rails to their pistols, I was bummed out. I liked them as an option, but I was turned off when we no longer had an option for rail-less.

Fast forward a decade or more and I think rails are much more important. Primarily due to the options available to us. Something like a TLR-1 is asinine to put on a carry gun imo. But the newer lights like a TLR-7 are amazing and barely add to the bulk of a carry gun.

I like the option of adding a weapon mounted light now that they are small. Evenings out, movie, whatever, at night I like to add a little light.

A standard pic rail is too wide, but I'll tip my hat to Sig that they at least included a type of rail on their 365 that they and others can develop accessories for.

TLDR, I'd like to see a rail of some sort too.


E.S. Dunbar
________________________________
I'm confused...wait, maybe I'm not.
 
Posts: 6969 | Location: Toledo, Ohio | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I have been waiting for this from Glock. I’m actually a pretty big fan of the 365 even though it’s been back to sig twice. Since the last return it’s run with 1500 error free rounds.

From a shooting standpoint, I’ve preferred the feel of the 43 but the difference in capacity, even with extensions it’s pretty big. While I like a small concealable weapon, personally I don’t get caught up in the exact dimensions and have to have something that is the same or smaller. For me it’s reliability, shotability, and the ability to handle and manipulate the gun well. Small guns will always be a challenge in handeling and shooting as well as a larger gun.

It’s my belief and I expect the the 43x/48 with the grip size will be perfect for me to handle, shoot, and manipulate reloads far superior that’s the 365 or any other small micro compact. To me that’s what I’m waiting for and will prefer. Putting over 3500 rounds through the 365 I had learned how to do all those things pretty well but again, I think out of the box the glocks will provide a better experience. 10 rounds hits the minimum capacity for me to carry at any given time.

Lastly, I’m not sure I will ever feel 100% confident in the reliability of the 365. My personal experience with glocks is I have well over 20k rounds through varies glocks and have had 1 malfunction/problem. I’m hoping my expectations aren’t too high with the 43x/48 because obviously haven’t shot them yet, but we’ll see. It will be nice to get one(48) have the ability to swap grip on my 43 slide. Thanks sig Smile
 
Posts: 174 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
Something like a TLR-1 is asinine to put on a carry gun imo.


I have no trouble regularly concealing a G19 with TLR-1, M&P 2.0 Compact with TLR-1, or P320 Compact with TLR-1.

Grip length and width is a much much more important factor for concealment than muzzle length, especially when carrying IWB.

quote:

I like the option of adding a weapon mounted light now that they are small. Evenings out, movie, whatever, at night I like to add a little light.

A standard pic rail is too wide, but I'll tip my hat to Sig that they at least included a type of rail on their 365 that they and others can develop accessories for.

TLDR, I'd like to see a rail of some sort too.


There are already lights from companies like Streamlight, Viridian, and Lasermax that securely attach to existing rail-less Glocks like the G26/27 and G42/43.

The G43X/G48 may even work with the G43 model of these lights with zero modifications, considering the front 2/3 of the frame is reportedly identical to the G43.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I get the feeling that Glock was trying to retain compatibility with G43 accessories and holsters, if not mags. Adding in a rail, especially a proprietary rail since the muzzle end of the G43/G43X/G48 frame isn't long or wide enough for a standard Picatinny-style rail, would not have been a good move.





 
Posts: 23104 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I remember when everybody was fussing about SIG putting rails on the 229. Now everybody is fussin no rails on the Glocks.


-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...
 
Posts: 6194 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are already lights from companies like Streamlight, Viridian, and Lasermax that securely attach to existing rail-less Glocks like the G26/27 and G42/43.

The G43X/G48 may even work with the G43 model of these lights with zero modifications, considering the front 2/3 of the frame is reportedly identical to the G43.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I get the feeling that Glock was trying to retain compatibility with G43 accessories and holsters, if not mags. Adding in a rail, especially a proprietary rail since the muzzle end of the G43/G43X/G48 frame isn't long or wide enough for a standard Picatinny-style rail, would not have been a good move.


Keeping them compatible with existing 43 accessories, assuming they are, is a good point that I had not considered. Personally, I'd rather just buy a new holster or light to have a good attachment point, but I can see where others would want to use what they have.

How do those rail-less lights work? I have never tried one. I've always assumed they'd be flimsily attached and not as secure as I'd like. Am I wrong? never been able to get my hands on one.


E.S. Dunbar
________________________________
I'm confused...wait, maybe I'm not.
 
Posts: 6969 | Location: Toledo, Ohio | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:

How do those rail-less lights work? I have never tried one. I've always assumed they'd be flimsily attached and not as secure as I'd like. Am I wrong? never been able to get my hands on one.


Mine on my Glock 26 and Glock 43 were very solid. As with all polymer, they would move a tad, but nothing that would worry me for a light. I don't know if the laser kept a constant zero as I never used it other than to play with the dog.
 
Posts: 1129 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I received my G48 yesterday. I like it, a lot.
The plastic is a little slick. I would rather avoid the bother of shipping it to Cold Bore Customs for stippling so I was wondering if Talon makes any tacky grip decals for it.
Anyone seen some?

Edit: Yup, found some!

Bruce




"I cannot spare this man. He fights!"
-Abraham Lincoln

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats."
-PJ O'Rourke
“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

 
Posts: 3351 | Location: NV | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I may not be so much for the owners of existing 43s and accessories. Keeping backward compatibility with the non-x 43 means that the 43x had really good accessory support from day 1. If the accessory manufacturers hadto make a separate set of stuff for the 43x, it would have taken some time for that to get them into circulation, and everyone would have to stock two different sets of SKUs.

The TLR-6 has been on rail-less subcompacts for years now, and I haven't heard any complaints. What I find a little strange is that it's always been a light/laser combo. I would think, being a light company, they'd have a light only version. I would think, and I could be wrong, that lights are more popular than lasers.

quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
quote:
There are already lights from companies like Streamlight, Viridian, and Lasermax that securely attach to existing rail-less Glocks like the G26/27 and G42/43.

The G43X/G48 may even work with the G43 model of these lights with zero modifications, considering the front 2/3 of the frame is reportedly identical to the G43.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I get the feeling that Glock was trying to retain compatibility with G43 accessories and holsters, if not mags. Adding in a rail, especially a proprietary rail since the muzzle end of the G43/G43X/G48 frame isn't long or wide enough for a standard Picatinny-style rail, would not have been a good move.


Keeping them compatible with existing 43 accessories, assuming they are, is a good point that I had not considered. Personally, I'd rather just buy a new holster or light to have a good attachment point, but I can see where others would want to use what they have.

How do those rail-less lights work? I have never tried one. I've always assumed they'd be flimsily attached and not as secure as I'd like. Am I wrong? never been able to get my hands on one.
 
Posts: 19037 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
It is amazing how much of difference it makes with just a little extra grip length. Incredible shooter! It is too bad the 43x is a tad wider which prohibits the use of 43x mags in the 43.


_____________________________________________________________________
”At pretium libertatus“
امّا شما مشخص خواهد شد كه با همه شما را ملاقات کنند
 
Posts: 11721 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I handled the 43X the other day next to the P365 and for me it’s an easy choice. The P365 grip is just too tiny for me. The 43X felt great and I’ll be waiting for the all black version.

Some say the 43X is not in the same league as the P365 and I will honestly disagree, the 365 is only 1/4” shorter in the slide and the 43X just enough longer in the grip to get a good purchase. I’ll also say it’s not just the length, for me the circumference of the 365 is just to small for me.
 
Posts: 25 | Location: The Hollar  | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
That's the tradeoff, The P365 is going to be alot easier to conceal, but, yes, it has a shorter grip (which is why it's easier to conceal.) If you don't have a problem hiding the 43x, and you shoot it better, great.

On the flip side, if you can conceal a 43x, I bet you could do the same with a 19, at least in the grip.

quote:
Originally posted by animalhd1:
I handled the 43X the other day next to the P365 and for me it’s an easy choice. The P365 grip is just too tiny for me. The 43X felt great and I’ll be waiting for the all black version.

Some say the 43X is not in the same league as the P365 and I will honestly disagree, the 365 is only 1/4” shorter in the slide and the 43X just enough longer in the grip to get a good purchase. I’ll also say it’s not just the length, for me the circumference of the 365 is just to small for me.
 
Posts: 19037 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:On the flip side, if you can conceal a 43x, I bet you could do the same with a 19, at least in the grip.


This is spot on. I can hide either IWB at 3-4 o'clock just just fine. The only difference is of course weight. I much prefer the lighter rig for a full 12-16 hour day over the 19. This includes a spare Glock 17 mag over a spare 10 round 43x mag.
 
Posts: 1129 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I needed to drop this somewhere. This is a good place. This is all I know about it.




Link to original video: https://youtu.be/fG36aeTLvh4
 
Posts: 19037 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
^^^^ It has its own thread now.
 
Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43X and G48 side by side

© SIGforum 2019