SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43X and G48 side by side
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Glock 43X and G48 side by side Login/Join 
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Sure glad Glock came out with these two specific guns as I don't give a crap about either of them. Thankfully this allows me to focus completely on how I can acquire a G45 once Christmas expenses are behind me! However, from the above posts, it certainly appears there is a market for them.


----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
 
Posts: 1447 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I know some think a G-19 single stack is crazy. But many folks out there wanted just that and cried foul when Glock released the 42. I remember comments along the lines of, if Glock had just introduced a G-19 in single stack and 9x19 I would own 10.

And states with capacity limitations. I would have loved something like this instead of a hobbled 19......that is until a few kind souls donated their pre ban standard capacity mags to me. Then I was fat and happy.

Back in the late 90's I owned a third gen S&W 909. Single stack 915/5904. Came with some plastic parts to make it cheap (plastic could be swapped with metal from the higher end guns). I did not appreciate that gun at the time, but could not deny how comfortable it was to shoot. My dad even mentioned how it reminded him of shooting his 1911.

Now, If they ever offer these new guns in all black I will own one and appreciate it for what it is: a 9mm that's comfortable to shoot and fits in the hand, but does not have a large capacity.

In my old age, that is just fine with me.


___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.
 
Posts: 452 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Oh, and also I recall people looking back on the S&W 3913 as one of the great carry pistols.

Minus the double action trigger and no safety, maybe we can get a little bit of that magic back.........if it wasn't for that dang two tone.


___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.
 
Posts: 452 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
As mentioned, the G48 makes a lot of sense for members who live in states with limited capacities. The G43X is very compelling for a CCW. I’m going to hold off on a 43X as the rumor mill on HKpro.com is that HK is coming out with a single stack at the Shot Show (It’s on the internet so it must be true).


__________________________

 
Posts: 10537 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I'm more than a bit of a Glock fan, and I like these two pistols, but I think Glock ....just.... missed the mark. I like an extended-length G43, but it should take G-43 profile magazines. And, if they really wanted to compete with the P365, they should have done a 9mm version of the Glock 30S, and put a G43 slide/barrel assembly on a Glock 26 frame/magazine system...

Now, on the other hand, this gives Sig another opportunity to beat Glock with the P365. Sig should give the P365 the P320 Modular Handgun System treatment. I would be a buyer if Sig could build a frame which is about the length of the Springfield Armory EMP, with a matching length magazine (whatever capacity that is), which would take the trigger pack from the 365, so no new 4473/waiting period. Then, if they could make a 4" bbl-length slide which fits on both the frame sizes, I'd be a buyer for that too...

This would give four configurations with a single trigger pack, plus magazine interchangeability across all 4 vs three configurations for Glock (G43, G48, G43X) with mags only interchanging for the two longest frames. Plus Sig's magazines and grips would be better for Sig in terms of size and capacity. The larger frame with the built-in light/laser would be particularly attractive to me...


---------
If you appreciate private ownership of firearms, please join the NRA, before it's too late. (Benefactor Member)
 
Posts: 53 | Registered: April 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I am on the waiting list for a G48.
 
Posts: 557 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I personally couldn't get used to the 43. I tried not once but twice and I like Glocks a lot.
The 48 really doesn't appeal to me either. Not saying either is bad but I won't part with money for one.
My 19X found a home on my waist. Might be a 26 in my future. That's it tho.


I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.
 
Posts: 2162 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MMA10mm:
I'm more than a bit of a Glock fan, and I like these two pistols, but I think Glock ....just.... missed the mark. I like an extended-length G43, but it should take G-43 profile magazines. And, if they really wanted to compete with the P365, they should have done a 9mm version of the Glock 30S, and put a G43 slide/barrel assembly on a Glock 26 frame/magazine system...

Now, on the other hand, this gives Sig another opportunity to beat Glock with the P365. Sig should give the P365 the P320 Modular Handgun System treatment. I would be a buyer if Sig could build a frame which is about the length of the Springfield Armory EMP, with a matching length magazine (whatever capacity that is), which would take the trigger pack from the 365, so no new 4473/waiting period. Then, if they could make a 4" bbl-length slide which fits on both the frame sizes, I'd be a buyer for that too...

This would give four configurations with a single trigger pack, plus magazine interchangeability across all 4 vs three configurations for Glock (G43, G48, G43X) with mags only interchanging for the two longest frames. Plus Sig's magazines and grips would be better for Sig in terms of size and capacity. The larger frame with the built-in light/laser would be particularly attractive to me...


Agreed. Totally disappointed in the 43x. I was hoping for something in between the 26 and the 43 - not just a 43 with a longer, single stack grip.

Guess I’ll keep carrying my 26’s...
 
Posts: 275 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
the 43x is not just a longer 43. Granted, it’s not a double stack like the 365, but it is at least a 1.5 stack more like the ahield. The 43 mag was a casualty of progress. The 365 changed expectations, and Glock couldn’t stick with a pure single stack given that.

I’m glad it doesn’t use 43 mags because it would be gimped if it did..

I’m hoping others follow Glock into the world of G48 sized guns. As soon as I first shot the 365, I said on this board that Sig needs to release a P247 that is a 365 with a 4” barrel and 5” in height. It would probably be 13 to 15 rounds and would be the gun that could legitimately dethrone the G19. I hope the G48 is successful and shows there is a market for larger but thin guns.


E.S. Dunbar
________________________________
I'm confused...wait, maybe I'm not.
 
Posts: 6943 | Location: Toledo, Ohio | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I can can conceal a longer slimmer gun better than a short fatty. I’ll get both.


-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...
 
Posts: 6125 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I’ve found that under duress, I prefer a little more in grip length especially with subcompact pistols. I’ll be getting a 43X...


_____________________________________________________________________
”At pretium libertatus“
امّا شما مشخص خواهد شد كه با همه شما را ملاقات کنند
 
Posts: 11591 | Location: VBA | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Justice Forever
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the 43X will fit in existing 43 holsters?


Matthew 5:9 "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God."
 
Posts: 2368 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
I wonder if the 43X will fit in existing 43 holsters?


I'd guess yes.

The slide is the same, and the frame from the trigger forward is the same. The only difference appears to be the longer grip length, and 1mm wider grip thickness.

Grip length doesn't matter for holster fit. The only variable will be that the very slightly wider thickness of the frame behind the trigger might possibly interfere with some holsters, although most holsters have minimal interaction with the grip area.
 
Posts: 22789 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Glock has them up on the site. Looks like the 21st for a release date. Same pricing as the 43 and available for blue label.

https://us.glock.com/en/a-perfect-fit
 
Posts: 1129 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rockchalk06:
Glock has them up on the site. Looks like the 21st for a release date.

https://us.glock.com/en/a-perfect-fit


"available in three sight configurations; standard, GLOCK Night Sights (GNS), and Ameriglo BOLD"

Well, there you go. Now the folks complaining about plastic sights have factory options, if they can't/won't swap sights themselves.
 
Posts: 22789 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Looking at the 43x, having a 3/16" narrower grip than the 19, really doesn't strike me a enough of a carry advantage to give up five rounds to the 19.
 
Posts: 18914 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Looking at the 43x, having a 3/16" narrower grip than the 19, really doesn't strike me a enough of a carry advantage to give up five rounds to the 19.


Well that is a personal decision and a lot depends on how much comfort one gets CCW a slimmer pistol and likes/needs a smaller circumference grip.

Keep in mind that many millions now live in states with 10 round magazine limit and Illinois will certainly being going that way this year with the new gun hating democrat governor. If I am faced with a 10 round capacity for CCW I most likely would prefer a 43X over a Glock 19 and crippled 10 round magazine for at least increased comfort in CCW IWB assuming I can shoot both equally well.

I have no doubt the 43X will be a big seller for Glock but like any model in their line up it will not be what everybody wants.


“When the people find that they can vote themselves money that will herald the end of the republic.”
― Benjamin Franklin
"The problem with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money."
― Margaret Thatcher
 
Posts: 8878 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Justice Forever
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thank you. That’s great info. I’ll have to pick one up!


quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
I wonder if the 43X will fit in existing 43 holsters?


I'd guess yes.

The slide is the same, and the frame from the trigger forward is the same. The only difference appears to be the longer grip length, and 1mm wider grip thickness.

Grip length doesn't matter for holster fit. The only variable will be that the very slightly wider thickness of the frame behind the trigger might possibly interfere with some holsters, although most holsters have minimal interaction with the grip area.


Matthew 5:9 "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God."
 
Posts: 2368 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
Thank you. That’s great info. I’ll have to pick one up!


quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
I wonder if the 43X will fit in existing 43 holsters?


I'd guess yes.

The slide is the same, and the frame from the trigger forward is the same. The only difference appears to be the longer grip length, and 1mm wider grip thickness.

Grip length doesn't matter for holster fit. The only variable will be that the very slightly wider thickness of the frame behind the trigger might possibly interfere with some holsters, although most holsters have minimal interaction with the grip area.


The only concern would be the trigger guard. Most leather holster index off the end and width. If it’s wider, it could be an issue.
 
Posts: 1129 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Traveling around the internet I have seen a few videos where the poster showed a 43X and 48 fitting in the same holster as a 43. Granted these were opened ended kydex.

My main carry is a Smith 3953TSW, and that 48 is slowly catching my eye...more so than the 43X. Hmmm...
 
Posts: 8860 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43X and G48 side by side

© SIGforum 2019