SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 X5 Sight Removal - Left to Right or Right to Left ??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 X5 Sight Removal - Left to Right or Right to Left ?? Login/Join 
posted
Going to replace my front sight on my X5 with another Dawson unit that will allow my POA and POI to marry...Currently I am 18 clicks up on the rear sight and the pistol is still shooting 2” low at 25 yards...
Talked to Jay at Dawson and I have a replacement site in route that should get my rear sight back down to about 6-8 clicks up....So to my questions....

1 - I have a Sig sight tool made for the P226 series handguns and needed to ask if it will work for the P320 X5 or can I just use a punch and carefully remove the current sight?

2 - Do I remove the current sight by sliding it out from left to right or right to left?

Thanks in advance for your help....Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking at the pistol/sights from the rear. The sights are removed and installed from the left.

<----- Remove (push off to left)
-----> Install (push on to righti)

Posts: 102 | Registered: June 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you tell me what sight you got? I had to raise my rear sight way up, too. It cowitnesses well with a romeo 1, but I would like to know what sight will bring it down a bit. Thanks.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sights can be pushed out of either side, but have to be installed from the left as per the 320 armorer course.

Posts: 134 | Registered: August 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I don't think a P320 slide will fit in a Classic P-series sight pusher. I tried and it did not work.

Perhaps one of the "universal" sight pushers would work. Or just use a brass punch, and work carefully.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guys - Thanks to each of you for your replies and comments. I will use the information provided as I venture into this change....

JonFrost - Yes Sir - The gentleman at Dawson recommended their $39.00 front sight and the size he recommended was the .190” tall x .100” wide...

Thanks again guys....Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post