SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Got an mpx psb gen 2 pistol lnib at lgs today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got an mpx psb gen 2 pistol lnib at lgs today Login/Join 
posted
Fairly large gun shop, 1st one they have sold used.Came in box, had two rails, sling, one mag, all paperwork.

Shot a couple of hundred rounds at the range this afternoon. Got nice groupings. Trigger was great.
I have read complaints about heavy pull on triggers. Was that only applicable to gen 1 triggers?

Posts: 980 | Location: Portsmouth, NH | Registered: October 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice, I'm really thinking about one but cost is what is keeping me from one. How much did you pay for yours?

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by venenoindy:
Nice, I'm really thinking about one but cost is what is keeping me from one. How much did you pay for yours?

The LGS does not have any new in stock. They are asking $1800 for the carbine msx. They had this used mpx psb for $1400, on line dealers are charging $1400-$1500 for new. But the LGS takes trades, so I made up the difference in trade value on some guns I have had for awhile. The best price I see is $1399. There was a used one local to me on armslist for $1000, but it was a gen 1.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MarioG,

Posts: 980 | Location: Portsmouth, NH | Registered: October 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
That is GREAT looking.

Congratulations.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I just grabbed a used one locallt yesterday, set up exactly like that for $1200. i love it so far, but need to go out and try it

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just looked at one last Sat and almost took it home . I still might go get it . It was a new one at a Sig super store .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Great looking gun! What made you decide on the MPX instead of the scorpion EVO or other similar guns? I'm in the market for something similar.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
Great looking gun! What made you decide on the MPX instead of the scorpion EVO or other similar guns? I'm in the market for something similar.

This is my third sig piston gun. Got a 10 year old sig 556 classic. Still runs like a top. Serial number is 16xx, has the black Swiss internals in it.

Also have a sig 556xi patrol with shooting sight trigger. Another solid shooter.

The mpx did not disappoint. I like the trigger. Will have to put the trigger pull gauge on it and see what it breaks at.

Got the sig factory two miles from my house, and 2 great dealers , ktp and sig academy store nearby.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MarioG,

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Meh trigger in mine. Absolutely usable in a 9mm subgun but if it were originally installed in a firearm capable of any reasonable distance shooting it wouldn't remain there for long. For the brief time I had a Geissele SSA-E in my braced MPX it was heaven, despite not being compatible the gun's bolt design (per both SIG and Geissele). I do hope the compatible trigger that Geissele promises for 2017 does show up soon.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Meh trigger in mine. Absolutely usable in a 9mm subgun but if it were originally installed in a firearm capable of any reasonable distance shooting it wouldn't remain there for long. For the brief time I had a Geissele SSA-E in my braced MPX it was heaven, despite not being compatible the gun's bolt design (per both SIG and Geissele). I do hope the compatible trigger that Geissele promises for 2017 does show up soon.

Roger that.