SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG P210A Target Problems - Round Two
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG P210A Target Problems - Round Two Login/Join 
posted
This is a follow-up to my recent post about my 210A that has, ahem, issues. 105 rounds through it today and about a dozen failures, mostly FTF and the slide not locking back on the last shot. I also noticed the grips loosened up to the point there was noticeable play. Has anyone else had that grip issue? To say the least I'm not impressed with this gun.

Meanwhile, 100 rounds through my P226 with no issues.

Will be calling Sig.

Posts: 48 | Registered: August 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
The grip screws tend to come loose on my legacy P210. No big deal. Use some Loctite or clear nail polish if you wish. Where is your thumb during all of these malfunctions?

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
The grip screws tend to come loose on my legacy P210. No big deal. Use some Loctite or clear nail polish if you wish.

OK, I have some blue loctite that's good for that.

quote:
Where is your thumb during all of these malfunctions?

Off of the slide, if that's what you're asking. Same place it is all my other guns I have no problem with. For me anyway, the big beavertail makes it very difficult to interfere with the slide and controls while shooting.

posted Hide Post
Sounds like it is getting better with only about a dozen failures. In your original post you stated it had "massive amount of failures". Just might need some more break in.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkyk:
Sounds like it is getting better with only about a dozen failures. In your original post you stated it had "massive amount of failures". Just might need some more break in.

I would prefer that to the hassle of sending it back to Sig.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul7:

I would prefer that to the hassle of sending it back to Sig.

Should not be that much work to send the gun back to SIG. SIG will email you a shipping label. Just box up the gun and drop it off at Fedex. Once repaired, SIG will send the gun directly back to you.

I had to send an X5 back to SIG to replace the extractor not too long ago and received it back within 10 days.

Posts: 900 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Seeing as I like to keep things straight, and I'm sure others don't want to sift through the threads, I hope you don't mind that I link your previous post for reference. I've read both posts w/ interest but had trouble renewing a connection.
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1210065834

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
Seeing as I like to keep things straight, and I'm sure others don't want to sift through the threads, I hope you don't mind that I link your previous post for reference. I've read both posts w/ interest but had trouble renewing a connection.
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1210065834

Thanks for doing that. I plan to keep those interested in this problem up to date.

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkyk:

Here’s a way to speed break-in: Take the pistol down, remove its barrel, recoil spring & guide rod, then put the slide back onto the frame. That’ll make it very easy to move the slide back and forth over the frame rails. Do that repeatedly when you have time on your hands.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
The pistol should not need "breaking in" to work properly. Obviously there is a unique issue with this pistol and you should send it to SIG. Others with new P210s have not had any problems.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
The pistol should not need "breaking in" to work properly. Obviously there is a unique issue with this pistol and you should send it to SIG.

Absolutely right. Mine had a thousand rounds of various ammo through it without a single issue. Send it back to SIG. Like others have said, it's as easy as 1-2-3. Do not let Cabelas mess with it.
quote:
Others with new P210s have not had any problems.

The only problem, unrelated to FTF, I've read elsewhere, was a case of a defective slide catch that SIG replaced. Sounds like OP is experiencing the same thing here with slide failure to lock back.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
BTW – Cycling the slide with barrel, recoil spring, and guide rod removed, makes it much easier to sense any binding that might exist between slide and frame rails.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
The pistol should not need "breaking in" to work properly. Obviously there is a unique issue with this pistol and you should send it to SIG.

Absolutely right. Mine had a thousand rounds of various ammo through it without a single issue. Send it back to SIG. Like others have said, it's as easy as 1-2-3. Do not let Cabelas mess with it.
quote:
Others with new P210s have not had any problems.

The only problem, unrelated to FTF, I've read elsewhere, was a case of a defective slide catch that SIG replaced. Sounds like OP is experiencing the same thing here with slide failure to lock back.

I remember playing with it at Cabela's when I bought it I released the slide and it didn't go all the way into battery, at the time I thought maybe it just needed some oil and use. May be dealing with the slide/rails being out of spec?

186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Whatever it is, SIG will take care of it!

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If on the first day you had problems you called SIG and sent it in instead of continued complaint posts about it, you'd probably already have your pistol there being fixed and maybe on it's way back. The first complaint post was on the 3rd. I've had them turn around stuff in just over a week before. Send it in for free, get it fixed for free and you won't have any more complaints or is that too easy? Just sayin! :-)

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
If on the first day you had problems you called SIG and sent it in instead of continued complaint posts about it, you'd probably already have your pistol there being fixed and maybe on it's way back. The first complaint post was on the 3rd. I've had them turn around stuff in just over a week before. Send it in for free, get it fixed for free and you won't have any more complaints or is that too easy? Just sayin! :-)

Except some here have said issues went away after the first time out, I wanted to give that a chance but no luck. I can't get to the range every day, and do have to work including travel. Anyway, it's on it's way to Sig today.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
You've quoted his post 3 times now Paul7.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post