SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !!
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !! Login/Join 
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My original mags were not feeding the final round using regular pressure 147 and 125 gr ammo.

Shield still hasn't answered me about springs for those. With this batch I bought the springs and will test this weekend.

They should just make them with the new springs standard.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shield arms answered an email to say they have no record of the order, try again.

No more springs...on back order.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chowser:
I was having issues with the last round not feeding and am waiting for Shield to respond. My second order of three arrived with spare springs.
My 43X is a recent black slide model.
Installed the springs and will try it this weekend.

First two are used springs. Third one is new so you can see how much it’s compressed. Then the +10% springs.

That is worrisome.

why ? have you ever checked all of your other magazines to see how much they have compressed ? this could be something that happens to every magazine. are you worried the company won't stand behind them if there is an issue down the road? btw the magazines are back in stock I just got a notice.

I’ve had plenty of spring compress but usually after years of use. These mags have been out a couple of months.

Man! I wish mecgar was making these mags.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just fired 28 Gold Dots thru the two new mags, they work fine.

Yes, 14 in each. There is NO WAY I could get 15 in there, 14 was a challenge. I'm OK carrying 14+1.

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For warm weather carry, I like the G43X using the Shield Arms 15rd mags. In cooler weather I like a G19. All nine of my SA15 15rd mags have so far been flawless in every way. I have had them for around two months. I bought two of them through SA and the rest got through Brownell's. They all lock in secure and drop free using the SA aluminum mag release, in my G43X pistol (black slide model). All nine of mine have the gloss black finish, with no blemishes. My pistol's functioning (feeding, extraction, ejection and last round slide lock back) has been perfect since day one with around 600rds of 124gr and 147gr FMJ, and 200rds (total) of 124gr+p AND 147GR FMJ HP ammo. I also installed the EP +10% mag springs in all of my mags from the start. While the mags were designed to feed and function loaded with 15rds, and mine have functioned fine loaded with 15rds, I will only be loading 14rds in my mags, because I feel in this specific application,it will increase the mag spring life some, even though this is somewhat debatable.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Biggy,

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Just fired 28 Gold Dots thru the two new mags, they work fine.

Yes, 14 in each. There is NO WAY I could get 15 in there, 14 was a challenge. I'm OK carrying 14+1.

buy an uplula loader you will never go back to doing by hand super fast and easy.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I put another 500 rounds through the 4 mags with upgraded springs for a total of 2,500 since doing so. No issues at all.
I think that it's a good idea to have the plus power springs no matter what.
And I agree that SA should just start shipping them with the extra power springs as standard.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They're now showing back in stock:

https://shieldarms.com/glock-43x-48-15-round-mag

I back ordered two over the weekend and they're now on the way.

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
They're now showing back in stock:

https://shieldarms.com/glock-43x-48-15-round-mag

I back ordered two over the weekend and they're now on the way.

Thanks for the notice Sigmund! I just ordered three myself. Unfortunately, the alloy mag catches are out of stock.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got the mags coming, but they're out of the springs

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Ran a bunch through the 15 rounder and one with the plus 5. No issues. I'm ready to order some leather for my skinny Glock 19 that has no rail Big Grin

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brownells shows mags in stock, $39.99:

https://www.brownells.com/maga...-43x-prod132881.aspx

LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
My 3 mags have arrived. My alloy mag catch is on order. Does anyone anticipate any additional wear from the alloy mag catch to the frame or OEM mags?

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
+10% power springs back in stock at Shield Arms.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised to be wrong. It appears that these in fact are going to work out. In the past, many vendors have tried to make a metal Glock mag work, and many failed miserably.

Guess I'll pick a couple up one of these days.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I'm there with you, once they have recouped R&D costs and the price comes down to around $30 and a could be tempted. Until then I'll just stick with my fatty G19 - not to mention G43X/G48 are out of stock everywhere with the 'Rona Gun Rush. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised to be wrong. It appears that these in fact are going to work out. In the past, many vendors have tried to make a metal Glock mag work, and many failed miserably.

Hold your horses. I couldn't go through 2 training sessions without stoppages with these recent production mags. One mag actually, second is in plastic in case I wanted a refund. Four failures to feed mid-mag in 200 rounds. Almost threw it out in the thrash can but somebody suggested to try +P spring first. I've shot only 50 rounds since, but they were super-flawless.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YVK:
quote:

Hold your horses. I couldn't go through 2 training sessions without stoppages with these recent production mags. One mag actually, second is in plastic in case I wanted a refund. Four failures to feed mid-mag in 200 rounds. Almost threw it out in the thrash can but somebody suggested to try +P spring first. I've shot only 50 rounds since, but they were super-flawless.

if you dont want them I will buy them from you I have 10 of them and they run flawless out of my 43x and my franken 43x . all my other glocks collect dust. I might just turn into a 43x hoarder like the 12131 Oriental redneck and his 228 collection. Big Grin

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll let you know

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$18.95: New AimSurplus Aluminum Mag releases for Glock 43X and 48 pistols. Improve control and grip on crucial magazine changes. These also work great when using metal magazines like the Shield Arms 15rd. Metal magazines will not wear out this mag release.

https://aimsurplus.com/aimsurp...se-for-glock-43x-48/

FREE SHIPPING ON PARTS ORDERS OVER $49*