SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !!
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !! Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Random review video with a production magazine.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/8EXD12cQgGM

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yeah, Mec-Gar magazines are second to none. Whether or not Checkmate will produce these Shield Arms magazines which are the equal to what Mec-Gar would produce is a matter to question. I seem to recall rather dimly that Mec-Gar had some issues producing reliable.40 caliber mags for the Beretta 92. I could be mistaken about that. But, other than this one instance, I cannot recall seeing any reports of unreliable Mec-Gar products. Just look at how many manufacturers use Mec-Gar for their OEM mag supplier.

^^^^^^
Your memory is correct. I had several that were about as reliable as a ProMag. As I recall, MecGar changed the spring or lips. Interestingly enough, they worked in my Brigadier 96 Elite II but not my Cx4 Storm.

On a side note, I bought mine from USAOZ on the forum. I had them for about a year before I tried them. Let’s just say his customer service was so astonishingly good that I’m still impressed and this was several years ago.

Posts: 12434 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
And if your aunt had nuts she'd be your uncle.

Great line---you must be a Don Cherry fan.

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

My understanding is that for optimal function, a metal mag release assembly is recommended for this magazine.

Posts: 62 | Registered: April 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:

Never mind the chickens!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Without the metal mag release, the cut in the metal mag body will chew up the stock plastic mag release. It's yet to be determined what their metal (aluminum) mag release will do to the plastic bodies of stock Glock mags.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike-4:
quote:

My understanding is that for optimal function, a metal mag release assembly is recommended for this magazine.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Without the metal mag release, the cut in the metal mag body will chew up the stock plastic mag release. It's yet to be determined what their metal (aluminum) mag release will do to the plastic bodies of stock Glock mags.

I have used various metal mag releases (Agent & Crux Order) in my Glocks for years and never had an issue - OEM & PMAG. Is their mag release a different geometry that might bite the opening in the mage differently?

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
If a 15 round, flush fit metal magazine is available, why would one use the 10 round plastic magazine? Get the aluminum magazine release and call it good.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I would think it would need to be more than available, it would have to be proven reliable. It's not there yet.

quote:
Originally posted by JWF:
If a 15 round, flush fit metal magazine is available, why would one use the 10 round plastic magazine? Get the aluminum magazine release and call it good.

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Got a reply from mecgar. No plans to develop any GLOCK mags.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Has anyone got their hands on these yet ? if so please give us you're 2 cents

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:

I would have thought that you, or other eager beavers on here, already were the early adopters. But, since the mags have shipped, crickets. Strange.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

Never mind the chickens!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I was more concerned about the dog downrange.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I would have thought that you, or other eager beavers on here, already were the early adopters. But, since the mags have shipped, crickets. Strange.
My guess is they must work ok at least, otherwise the interwebz would be BLOWING UP with people saying that they are junk. People LOVE to give crappy reviews, but if things work they are less likely to follow through IME.

The dropfree issue in some frames appears to be the only real 'problem'.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Still waiting on mine....
quote:

Posts: 3442 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
My guess is they must work ok at least, otherwise the interwebz would be BLOWING UP with people saying that they are junk. People LOVE to give crappy reviews, but if things work they are less likely to follow through IME.

The dropfree issue in some frames appears to be the only real 'problem'.

Makes me wonder how many have shipped. Could be a lack of positive or negative reviews is due to a low number being out there in the first place. People who pre-ordered are still waiting to get theirs.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I tried but missed the first release, I'm on the list.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
We’re never getting them this year.

I am order 15800 ordered on 9/15.
I think people in the 129xx-13xxx got it in the first (well second) batch.

The 3rd batch is at heat treatment so the second group of shipments will probably go out next week if nothing is wrong with them.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
We’re never getting them this year.

I am order 15800 ordered on 9/15.
I think people in the 129xx-13xxx got it in the first (well second) batch.

The 3rd batch is at heat treatment so the second group of shipments will probably go out next week if nothing is wrong with them.

almost like having a license to print money.

posted Hide Post
Order #16266 places on 9/18 and nothing so far.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post