SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !!
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !! Login/Join 
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
Did you just have that one issue? possible limp wrist? were you doing rapid fire? I ordered 2 more with a mag catch, looks like you have an mp5 ? I have a vector clone love it.

btw I put two orders in for 2 mags each just used different order numbers and cards, few days later 4 showed up. honestly don't think they care probably just trying to keep the hoarders from putting 100 in their carts.

Just the one issue. It's not likely that I was limp wristing, but I wouldn't say it was impossible. I was shooting with both hands and usually have a tight grip. I wasn't firing any faster than a round a second.

Good eye on the MP5 mag. It belongs to a friend who just built an SP5.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigNC:
So how do you know if you need the +power springs? It irks me to think of spending $40 on a mag and it maybe not work without a $3 spring....

IIRC the springs are free for life.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
After installing the new plus power springs, I shot 2000 rounds through 4 mags. The failure to slide lock has gone away completely.
From what I gather, SA is no longer giving away free springs, but are selling them now. I think a lot of people started getting them even though the issue is only with the some of the first gen 48/43X with the silver slide.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
After installing the new plus power springs, I shot 2000 rounds through 4 mags. The failure to slide lock has gone away completely.
From what I gather, SA is no longer giving away free springs, but are selling them now. I think a lot of people started getting them even though the issue is only with the some of the first gen 48/43X with the silver slide.

What's the problem with the slide?
It's BS, and SA should put the stronger spring in the mag as standard. Should be like that in the first place.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:

More then likely people just want the free springs whether they had issues or not. Cant really blame them and I'm sure sheild figured this out pretty quickly. I dont know what the cost of a standard spring and a stronger one is but times that times the amount of mags they will sell and it going to really add up. I have a 43 with a 43x lower and a 43x both guns have had zero issues with them. might pick up a 48 just for the heck of it.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine have silver slides (43X and 48).

I don't believe there a "gen" difference simply because the slides were colored black. Mine are a year old, if that.

There should be no issue between a slide colored black, and one colored silver.

If the spring isn't strong enough to hold up, and won't support lock back, then a better spring is warranted, but that should be a factory application, not something one must purchase to improve an already expensive new, out-of-the-box product.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So it seems the metal SA mags will quickly eat up the OEM plastic mag catch but installing the metal mag catch will in turn damage the standard plastic Glock mags. I sounds like you have to commit to one or the other. Only using the SA magazines with their metal catch or stick with plastic mags and catch. Is this what others have concluded?

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fundman:
So it seems the metal SA mags will quickly eat up the OEM plastic mag catch but installing the metal mag catch will in turn damage the standard plastic Glock mags. I sounds like you have to commit to one or the other. Only using the SA magazines with their metal catch or stick with plastic mags and catch. Is this what others have concluded?

I'm wondering the same thing. Shield sells the metal catches, I think these are the plastic ones:

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/47558

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fundman:

Can you substantiate this?

NRA Life Member

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Shield arms sent me a free mag catch with my first mag order, so I installed that on my 43X. I have read that the metal mags do wear on the OEM mag catch. I have not seen anything that says that the metal mag catch is wearing the OEM mags.

I have not had any problem with the metal catch wearing the OEM mags in my 48 or 43X.

I'm not saying anything about Fundman's info. This is just my experience.

Posts: 3442 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
Shield arms sent me a free mag catch with my first mag order, so I installed that on my 43X. I have read that the metal mags do wear on the OEM mag catch. I have not seen anything that says that the metal mag catch is wearing the OEM mags.

I have not had any problem with the metal catch wearing the OEM mags in my 48 or 43X.

I'm not saying anything about Fundman's info. This is just my experience.

I haven't seen any abnormal wear on my factory Glock mag's mag release notch *yet* either, using the Shield Arm's mag release. This is after around 15 times actually shooting with the factory mag and around 50 times just inserting and releasing a full mag. Shield Arms told me the standard factory mag spring should work just fine, but they said early G48 and G43X framed pistols *might* need the +10% power mag springs for best slide lock back on empty mag. Also, while these mags were desiged for 15rds and have worked reliably in my 43x through around 600rds, I will probably just be loading 14rds in my mags, because I feel it will increase the mag spring life.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Biggy,

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
I’ve not not noticed any wear on factory mags yet either....time will tell. Not that worried about it overall.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I was having issues with the last round not feeding and am waiting for Shield to respond. My second order of three arrived with spare springs.
My 43X is a recent black slide model.
Installed the springs and will try it this weekend.

First two are used springs. Third one is new so you can see how much it’s compressed. Then the +10% springs.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
I was having issues with the last round not feeding and am waiting for Shield to respond. My second order of three arrived with spare springs.

First two are used springs. Third one is new so you can see how much it’s compressed. Then the +10% springs.

That is worrisome.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chowser:

That is worrisome.

why ? have you ever checked all of your other magazines to see how much they have compressed ? this could be something that happens to every magazine. are you worried the company won't stand behind them if there is an issue down the road? btw the magazines are back in stock I just got a notice.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I placed an order a week ago on Friday/13. Checking the account at their web site, it shows "no orders." When calling their number, it's busy most of the time, but when it does ring, it simply goes to a mailbox that says the voice mailbox you are trying to reach is full, please hang up.

They're successful, and busy. I get it. Success doesn't go a lot farther than customer service. When buying their product, there's a blurb that says that by buying it, you understand they don't do tracking and if you don't like it, their product is not for you...but it wouldn't seem a stretch that if an order is placed through the account, it would actually show up. Perhaps they need to hire someone to answer the phone. Or emails.

posted Hide Post
Just got an email, the mags are back in stock.

I had two on back order, got them yesterday. Once they got back in stock last time it took them a week to send an email that they were filling my order.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I placed the order, their web site said in stock, and I didn't do a back order. They say a week on in-stock items. Perhaps they're simply running behind...but the update of their online account should show at the same time the order is placed. It shows no orders.

Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
The two I ordered on 3/13 just arrived in the mail.
I've loaded them up with 15 rounds and labeled with todays date. I'll check back in on them down the road and report back.

NRA Life Member

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Ordered one today, will see how it runs in the Silver 48, or with it converted to a 43X...

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post