SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !!
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
MY buddy swears beretta 92 mags will run in a 43x with a new mag catch cut into the mag. Try it a 92 mag fits in the 43X YMMV.

Posts: 440 | Location: people republic of Crapachusettes | Registered: September 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
I'm sitting here wondering why a 15 round mag is even neded for the 43X and 48? Why not just carry an extra mag for a reload? Or carry a G19 instead?

The 48 is a really nice Glock that is thin and points well. The grip, as is, is not that hard to conceal. If you have another inch of mag sticking out, that screws up the concealability.

Sorry, not understanding the need for increased capacity mags in these guns. Regards 18DAI

We have a few females, one in particular, who struggle to grip double stack guns - even with the smallest grip insert. We finally switched this most recent rookie to a G48 and she started shooting high 90s when she couldn't even qualify before. I teach a lot of non-sworn ladies as well. The G48 is a great home-defense pistol for those folks. I can definitely see the need for increased capacity.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stinx:
MY buddy swears beretta 92 mags will run in a 43x with a new mag catch cut into the mag. Try it a 92 mag fits in the 43X YMMV.

I know a P226 mag tube fits in the G48. Didn't bother trying to mod it or anything. I just know that dimensionally it will fit.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can’t wait, 6 of these mags would be a nice early Christmas present to myself. For those that feel the need, the Hogue HandAll grip sleeve will be available for the 43X and 48 very soon

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4...b_button_share_sheet

https://www.ar15.com/media/med...2439_jpg-1153124.JPG

https://www.hogueinc.com/handg...vertail/glock-43x-48

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Biggy,

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Even if they don't have enough production mags to get them to all the preorder customers, they should get some to a few independent third party reviewers, just to prove they really exist.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Damn, guys, what's with all this "it's a scam" stuff? These are metal magazines. The magazine walls are thinner than Glock's polymer/steel walls, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the G43X magazine is essentially a single stack design.
What's so hard to believe about a metal, double stack magazine with higher capacity when compared to that?

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no doubt they exist. But I dont see the need. I bought the G48 because its light, flat and fits my hand well.
If I want more capacity, I have the G19.
I just priced the G48 mags at GunMagwWarehouse for
$23.
How much will a Shield mag go for?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
$40.

You may not feel the need. But, if they can get them out the door, they'll probably sell all they can have made. Getting 50% more ammo capacity in the same size looks like a big win to a lot of people.

quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I have no doubt they exist. But I dont see the need. I bought the G48 because its light, flat and fits my hand well.
If I want more capacity, I have the G19.
I just priced the G48 mags at GunMagwWarehouse for
$23.
How much will a Shield mag go for?

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
You may not feel the need. But, if they can get them out the door, they'll probably sell all they can have made. Getting 50% more ammo capacity in the same size looks like a big win to a lot of people.

I don’t have a dog in this particular fight but at the cost of only added weight(extra ammo) seems like a pretty big win IF up to Glock reliability standards. 40 bucks doesn’t seem outrageous by any measure for a small startup trying to recoup R&D, risk, etc.

I don’t own a 43/48 nor will I ever be likely to but this does seem like a no brained must purchase if they prove reliable, durable and have no adverse effects on the pistol.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
People complaining obviously have no idea what it takes to design, produced, test, and market an item as a small company.

The barriers to success are numerous and seemingly never ending - even the most well thought out plans hit snags. What seem like potentially huge profit margins dry up in the blink of an eye and I doubt these guys will make a dime of true profit for 6-12 months.

I'm hopefully that they'll get these to market because I think it would be great for those with G43X/G48s.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Makes me wonder how many extra rounds could be crammed in a G17 mag with a less dumb design....

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even if these 15 rd mags work just fine with 15rds in them, I’ll only be loading 14rds in mine. Fall and winter here in Ohio, I’ll be carrying my G19, and in spring and summer, my 43X. I wonder how long it will be before we see 43X models with picatinny rails and or ones with a MOS/RD cut here in the USA?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Biggy,

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Glock has railed 43x/48 available now in Europe.
Pretty sure once sales die down on the current 43X/48 they will release those here.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I’m not complaining. I know it takes time. It just seems like they have almost been ready for a year now. If they are made by Mecgar, I’ll jump on them like a fat kid on cake.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I have been talking to them this is the latest email.

Shield Arms Customer Service (Shield Arms)
Nov 7, 17:25 EST
Hey Ray,

Trust us, these are working out!
Be on the look out for a new video coming soon on our Instagram!
We estimate they'll be permanently in stock in the next two months if you missed the pre-order. If you were a part of the pre-order, we'll have those shipping out this month!

Thank you for your patience and support,
Shield Arms

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:

Hey Ray,

We estimate they'll be permanently in stock in the next two months if you missed the pre-order. If you were a part of the pre-order, we'll have those shipping out this month!

Shield Arms

Almost there. Just a couple of months more....again.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
quote:

Hey Ray,

Shield Arms

Almost there. Just a couple of months more....again.

I would rather have them get it right the first time then to rush it to market and have issues. OrEveryone will be bitchin that can't trust their lives with them.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:

I would rather have them get it right the first time then to rush it to market and have issues. OrEveryone will be bitchin that can't trust their lives with them.

I agree completely!

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FAQ
Q: When will the S15 magazines be back in stock?
A: For those of you who missed the pre-order, we are still projecting to have S15 magazines back in stock late November/early December provided there are no further delays. Please sign up for the newsletter on our website to be notified immediately when they are available!

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The fact that getting a new product design, going through a new supply chain, is taking longer to get to market than expected is not surprising. But they way the marketed the product (pre-marketing it and taking paid pre-orders), was bound to create bad blood.

I know they probably needed the cash flow to make the project work. But they had to know there'd be blowback if they couldn't deliver in a timely fashion.