SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !!
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !! Login/Join 
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biggy:
I believe Shield Arms has just recently tweaked/changed the followers and mag springs in these mags slightly. Use of the Shield Arms mag release should be mandatory when using these mags. I have seven of these mags on pre-order from Brownell’s. While these mags were designed to hold and function fine with 15 rds, I will be loading mine with only 14 rds. Not a big deal, but I would like to see them make a taller base plate for these mags, so there is less of a gap between the bottom of the frame and base plate.

Why should using their mag catch with these magaobe mandatory? Has someone seen a problem or is it just theoretical?
If it's a question of the metal mags tearing up the plastic mag catch, wouldn't I rather replace a worn mag catch than replace a worn out frame due to an aftermarket metal mag catch eating my plastic frame?

I would rather change a $5 mag catch, when it shows wear. I have never worn one out, with Glock mags, but consider them a wear item and carry one in my spares kit.

I am not being argumentative, just trying to make a good choice.

Does anyone have any experiences to share?

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
We’re up to 600 rounds between three mags and two 43X guns. One with aluminum mag catch and one with oem plastic. No issues observed yet.

I haven’t noticed any issues with my oem polymer magazines and aluminum mag catch.

Just keep an eye on both if doing high volume shooting. I don’t think it will be an issue for the way most people carry and rarely shoot.

Now that I’m done testing, my 43X will be carried often and shot occasionally.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I just wish I could find some mags or they would give me a call.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
I submitted my email address for a back in stock notification on 1/31 and got an email 2/7 showing back in stock so I ordered a couple. Looking forward to trying them out.

ETA
Aside from holding more rounds, these make the gun slightly more comfortable for me. The gun was not uncomfortable before but I did notice the rear right corner of the stock floorplate kind of pokes my right hand whereas the Shield mags have a more comfortable radius..at least for me. Never paid any mind to it until I tried the Shield mags. If they perform well I’ll get more without a doubt.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bob RI,

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob RI:
I submitted my email address for a back in stock notification on 1/31 and got an email 2/7 showing back in stock so I ordered a couple. Looking forward to trying them out.

I got the same e-mail at about 11:30. had met my son at 11 for lunch, got home at about 2 and they were back out of stock. Either small batches or they sell out fast.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I submitted my email numerous times months ago with no notification.

so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I got six of these mags finally.
Took three of them to the range today, fired 500 rds through them equally, so ~165 rounds each. Used an aluminum mag catch from Tyrant designs.
Used handloaded 124gr +P FMJ, 124gr JHP Golddots, and 147gr subsonics. No issues, no failures, no probs with slide lock on empty, no probs dropping empties freely. Great mags, and will start carrying it soon.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
... Great mags, and will start carrying it soon.

Thank you Agony. I am hoping this holds true for all the others they produce so I can get them and carry them! I am a big feller and transitioning to the 48 soon. 5 more rounds is exciting.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Took three of them to the range today, fired 500 rds through them equally, so ~165 rounds each. Used an aluminum mag catch from Tyrant designs.
Used handloaded 124gr +P FMJ, 124gr JHP Golddots, and 147gr subsonics. No issues, no failures, no probs with slide lock on empty, no probs dropping empties freely. Great mags, and will start carrying it soon.

where did you snag them? this is driving me crazy.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
quote:

where did you snag them? this is driving me crazy.

Yeah, you're just teasing us !! Where'd ya get um ?? ;- )

Posts: 1264 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike28w:

I got 1 from the original pre-order, 1 from Brownells, and 4 from Agency Arms.
I have two more coming this week direct from Shield Arms. They say they are dropping another batch next week. If you're on social media I suggest you join the private group Shield Wall on facebook which is run by Shield Arms. The owner/employees are very kind and receptive and will give a head's up when the next shipment is ready for ordering.

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mike28w:

I got 1 from the original pre-order, 1 from Brownells, and 4 from Agency Arms.
I have two more coming this week direct from Shield Arms. They say they are dropping another batch next week. If you're on social media I suggest you join the private group Shield Wall on facebook which is run by Shield Arms. The owner/employees are very kind and receptive and will give a head's up when the next shipment is ready for ordering.

in the mean time the rest of us who are suppose to be on a waiting list never get contacted. very odd

agency arms is in California how can they sell 15 rd mags from that state ??

so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Put another 180 rounds through the mags today, added a 4th mag to the rotation. Ran all 124gr +P FMJ.
I had one failure to slide lock on empty, but otherwise No issues whatsoever.
The 48 is a great shooting gun, wish it had a rail for a light though.
The Tyrant extended mag release works fine, but I may find another option as it's too extended for me. I prefer the feel of the OEM glock extended mag release.
I have an Overwatch Precision flat face trigger incoming for this gun, then will run another 400-500 rounds before I consider carrying it. Will have to make some kydex for it then.

One little nit-pick, Uplula needs to make a size-specific speedloader for this SA mags. The universal works okay but takes more deliberation compared to loading oem 19/17 mags.

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I was just handling a 43x and thinking damn this thing is thing is a hell of a lot of firepower in a really small package with those shield arms mags.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
agency arms is in California how can they sell 15 rd mags from that state ??
Uh, they are an FFL, sell to the chosen ones (LEOs) in that state and can sell outside of the state as well...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brownells just let me put two on backorder, no shipping date.

https://www.brownells.com/maga...aspx?sku=100-039-071

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Brownells just let me put two on backorder, no shipping date.

https://www.brownells.com/maga...aspx?sku=100-039-071

Thanks for the heads up, I just put three on BO. Feels better than the wait for notification e-mail route.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Shield Arms announced that S15 mags will go on sale again friday 21st 6pm MST on their website. No idea if there will be a limit on how many you can order.
Go get 'em!

Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Just secured two and a mag catch. Received the "back in stock" email a minute later.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My SA mags have been flawless so far.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Biggy,

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post