SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !!
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !! Login/Join 
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Maybe I over reacted a bit but it seems like every time someone comes out with something new that is a huge improvement, negative comments practically kill the product itself. it doesn't take much to make end users shy away from anything. I guess I see the glass half full.

I carry them in my 43x and my 43 with an x lower, the chances I will be in a gun fight and they will fail are astronomical in my opinion so I'm not going to worry about the what if's. I'm just thankful that there are company's out there willing to spend the crazy amounts of money to bring these to market. changing out the mag release is just a non issue to me, hell if they wore the whole gun out I would just toss it and go buy another. they are tools like a hammer. of course some people have chrome hammers hanging on the wall they never use.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: XLT,

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
[John Wayne] Well that's a helluva lot of quotin' ya got there, mister. A man oughta know when to quit quotin' and get to the point. [/John Wayne]

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put the shield mag release in mine, and they work well. They feel like they're just barely engaging the magazine, as it takes very little thumb pressure, and very little release movement, to drop the magazine. I have't attempted to measure the amount of engagement or compare it to factory.

The factory magazine releases clearly engage adequately with factory magazines. I've never had a concern in a Glock pistol with a Glock magazine. My experience with the G43X and G48 and Shield combination is thus far inadequate to say much beyond that they've worked thus far. Time will tell.

I'm not concerned about running the Glock 10 round magazines with these releases, at least not with respect to magazine wear. Given other's experiences, I suspect that simply driving the mag in place and releasing it with the Shield mag, will chew up the mags. I don't do that: when I insert a magazine, I hold the mag release down with my thumb, eliminating the wear, and at the range, when releasing the mag, I press up with the support hand, depress the release, then remove the mag. Wear is eliminated.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"the chances I will be in a gun fight and they will fail are astronomical in my opinion"

As was said in Princess Bride, "I do not think that word means what you think it means."

I'd have said "minuscule" but then, if I had a wife with a butt like that I'd probably not even be able to post complete sentences. Too much distraction.

Bart Noir

Posts: 22 | Location: Soggy Puget Sound | Registered: October 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Any more updates from the early adopters of these magazines? Has shield arms upgraded the springs? How are the mag catches or lack thereof working? Are they still reliable after extended use?

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I ordered six from the first preorder. Coworkers bought two and I sold one. The three I have work fine. I have the steel catch. My two coworkers have stock catches. None of us are experiencing any issues. I do have six new plus springs from them if we run into issues.

I have the all black 43X, they both have the silver slide 43X.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8011 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I have six of them. I immediately put the 10% spring in all of them. I have not had a single problem with any of them. I also have the aluminum mag catch in both my 43x and 48. No issues with the shield arms or OEM mags.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
No issues with mine. I still have the original springs in mine, have not yet replaced them with the improved springs which I have sitting on my bench. I don’t use the stock mags much anymore so can’t tell you about any excessive wear on them. I am using the metal mag catch.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Bought a Shield Mag, it's been to the range a few times, hasn't failed once.... FWIW

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Borrowed a friend's mag at the range and shot it in my 43x. Gun/mag ran fine with no malfunctions. Just not sure if I'm ready to part with the cash to buy a couple of these. Ten rounds seems like enough in my 43x.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve got 600 rounds through my 43X with no failures through 6 S15 mags (3x15 + 3x20). S15 mags drop freely. No springs issues. I had the Shield Arms aluminium catch but swapped it out for the steel catch so I don’t have to think about it any time soon.

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Good report. Looks like I need to buy a few. Anybody have them in stock??

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Good report. Looks like I need to buy a few. Anybody have them in stock??

https://shieldarms.com/glock-43x-48-15-round-mag

Get some. Back ordered right now but will ship when restocked.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone have any experience with the Shield electroless nickel mags?
Do you think there is any reason to think they might not be just as reliable as the regular Shields are?
TIA.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Any updates on reliability and availability?

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

posted Hide Post
The Shield Arms SA15 mags have proven their reliability in my Glock 43x. I just checked Shield Arms website and it appears they have stopped taking back orders on the mags, at least for now. They are probably swamped with new orders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjkbIHx-yzw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZn0SHN52i8

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Just picked up a couple from the new Outpost Armory. Anxious to try them

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Internet rumor from somewhere else but I read they stopped taking back orders because they might be releasing an ambi version?

grain of salt.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:
Internet rumor from somewhere else but I read they stopped taking back orders because they might be releasing an ambi version?

grain of salt.

Or they're going to deal via distributor.

I have one of the original run mags that I loaded with ammo and left it in my safe, that was over a year ago. It's probably time to shoot that mag and see whats up.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post