SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !! Login/Join 
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Sorry I posted it, we don't need it , it's fake, blah blah blah. Roll Eyes

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Easy, guys

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
My guess is (since the product is still vaporware) that they reengineered the magazine body. I could see where it's possible, using a thinner all steel body, where the could get some extra width to get more rounds in there. But for those who are skeptical, I can understand why. I'll also believe it when I actually see it.

quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
My opinion is that this little tease video is just a way to attract potential investors into the company. They got nothing working reliably right now. Heck, if you can make a flush fit mag that holds 15 rounds that works, then why make this giant elephant foot for the OEM 43x/48 mag that only adds 4 extra rounds?

Folks say SIG did it with the P365. Sure they did. Then, why didn't Glock do it with their G43x/48? You think Glock just left a potential gold mine out there for others to grab? I still maintain that, if it were possible, they (Glock) would have done it.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
XLT I apologize for crapping in your thread. That ws not my intent. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
XLT I apologize for crapping in your thread. That ws not my intent. Regards 18DAI

Thank you I appreciate that.

When I first saw this video I thought it was pretty cool that someone has come out with a possible hi cap mag for a slim line pistol, I have handled the 43x and 48 and they only thing that has kept me from buying one is the capacity. I even considered getting just the frame and putting my 43 on top of it. Making a hi cap pistol mag this fast after a release is remarkable. if they are fishing for investors good for them. I'm just glad there are people trying to make more products trying to give us end users what we want.

Giving the fact that the 365 was the best selling pistol last year, I truly think that people like the hi capacity small frame I certainly do.
If you look at the ar15 platform there are hundreds of company's making parts for them, you can get just about any configuration you could possibly think of, no reason why several company's won't try and make hi caps for a great pistol like the Glock.

The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Agreed. Folks making improvements through aftermarket parts and accessories is a good thing.

And I need to apologize again, for staring at your wifes butt. Sorry! Wink Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Well, I’m intrigued....I will definitely monitor and buy one or two to test if they actually appear

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 10 OEM G48 magazines and I am on the waiting list for the Shield 15 round flush fit G48 magazines.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
If this works for 43x/48s, I wonder how well the same tech would work with a mag for the original G43?

posted Hide Post
Couple points. If you make a mag which is reliable and flush fitting they will sell very well. All you guys saying what’s the point are being kind of obtuse. If you own a 43x or 48 and could add 5 rounds of flush fitting mag you would do it. Provided it’s reliable of course.

I don’t know if this is real or not but the 365 mag shows what you can jam in a mag. Removing the plastic outer sleeve would guarantee additional rounds fitting in. Whether that additional number is +5 is unknown at this point.

Higher cap mags of same footprint is genius if they are reliable. The question of why Glock didn’t do it has nothing, nothing to do with whether it’s feasible. If feasibility were Gkocks biggest concern then they would have made the 43 first and then the 42. But alas making money is their god. Good for them, not as good for us. Metal lined plastic sleeved mags aren’t necessarily the best idea ever. But it is what it is. Not bad, just a different way to go. They might not want to get into the metal mag business. Who knows.

This just seems like an engineering problem.

Posts: 7346 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
In all seriousness why would I go this route over a Glock 19 that frankly gives me more options period?

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
In all seriousness why would I go this route over a Glock 19 that frankly gives me more options period?

Because a thinner gun is one more option among many. I can only speak for myself but I can appreciate single stacks (or those that feel like single stacks) for my own carry.
I've been carrying a G17 all winter. Why would I go for a G19 instead?

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
An all-metal mag would eventually tear up the plastic mag release.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Isn’t the Sig 320 mag release plastic?

Options are good. Thinner gun holding the same amount of rounds has a place.

Posts: 7346 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:

My reason. I've always wished that Glock would make something like the G26x (15-rd G19 frame with the G26-size upper). Now, with the G43x, if someone can come up with a 15-rd flush fit mag that will work reliably for the 43x, that will even be better than perfection for me. Slimmer, shorter, more easily concealed, but still holds 15+1 rounds? I would ditch the G19 without hesitation. Sorry, XLT, although it sounds like I was raining on your parade, that wasn't my intention. I really really want it, but I will only be cheering, when it becomes a reality.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Isn’t the Sig 320 mag release plastic?

Hmmm. I thought the 320 mag catch was MIM, and the catch stop was the polymer part.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I think if this mag works as suggested (I don't know if it can be called advertised quite yet), Glock should be pretty embarrassed that another company figured out how to make it work.

Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
watching the video again the mag is a 14 round as one is already in the chamber and he doesn't rack the slide. which gives a little more room for things to fit.
on another website a member stacked 15 rounds on top of a mag 48 mag and they didnt fit but I think 14 would if anyone has one in there maybe they could stack 14 on and take a picture ? having a slim line 14 round Glock would be neat I defiantly would pick one up.

12131 Thanks! were all good. Cool

The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
On their site, they have a description of a steel mag and is described as a 15-round mag.

COMING SOON!
15 round steel magazine, same length as the OEM Glock 10 round magazine. No, this is not an extension, this is a brand new magazine. Sign up for our newsletter for updates on this and other products coming soon.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
On their site, they have a description of a steel mag and is described as a 15-round mag.

COMING SOON!
15 round steel magazine, same length as the OEM Glock 10 round magazine. No, this is not an extension, this is a brand new magazine. Sign up for our newsletter for updates on this and other products coming soon.

That's updated, and now with the video testing on the 43x. Getting a little warmer.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post