SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !! Login/Join 
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Here's a factory alternative that holds 15 rounds.

https://us.glock.com/Products/G19

I mean really fellas, I really like the 48, but this is getting silly.

Big Grin

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GataGunner
posted Hide Post
Here I am waiting for the mythical new production single stack HK.

Posts: 64 | Registered: January 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I remember when the iPhone came out and people said it was stupid. “Why do you need to use the internet on your phone? Just use a laptop!” I kinda feel some folks don’t get that thinner guns will be huge for CCW.

The company most certainly is trying to draw attention to itself, that’s just smart business. So far, we’ve seen they have done it at least once. How repeatable is it on a production scale? Dunno, but this was obviously going to happen, and they won’t be the only company to do this.

If folks don’t see the money and customer demand for this, I can’t help you.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
Oh I see it, but I have also seen those wonderful products touted in YT videos fail to deliver, so I'm just skeptical I guess.

Once they get product out there for awhile, it will be interesting.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
If they can get 15 in a 43x/48, how many can get get in the 43? From a business standpoint, coming out with a mag for the 43 would be a much better idea. Given how recently the 43x/48 came out, their may be 50,000+- in the wild. I bet there are 2 million or more 43s out there.

But if they get 15 rounds working for the 43x/48, Glock is going to have a lot of pressure to do the same. If they do, this will kill the 19, for the reason you state. However, that will also kill this company's product.

quote:
I remember when the iPhone came out and people said it was stupid. “Why do you need to use the internet on your phone? Just use a laptop!” I kinda feel some folks don’t get that thinner guns will be huge for CCW.

The company most certainly is trying to draw attention to itself, that’s just smart business. So far, we’ve seen they have done it at least once. How repeatable is it on a production scale? Dunno, but this was obviously going to happen, and they won’t be the only company to do this.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Why would it kill the G19? If they can get 15 rounds in a G43x, they should be able to get 20+ in a G19.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't be so sure about that. I'm guessing they can get this capacity in the 43x by using a thinner wall magazine to get it to be a true double stack. The 19 is already double stack. Even if they could find some width in the 19 magazine space, I don't know if that would actually yield more capacity.

quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
Why would it kill the G19? If they can get 15 rounds in a G43x, they should be able to get 20+ in a G19.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Why would it kill the G19?

Someone should list all the "G19 Killers" ever proclaimed!

I think the list would be very very long! Big Grin

Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
watching the latest video if I counted correctly it's 15+1 . I just got on the pre order list to be notified.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I bet Glock 19 sales aren't what they used to be.

Well, to be honest, no guns sales are what they used to be. But the G19 now has a lot of direct competition, some of which are arguably better.

But in this case Glock is competing with themselves. This is actually not a bad thing for them.

quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
BBMW, the 43 is a straight single stack. Even if you make the walls thinner, I’m. It sure how many more rounds you can fit in. You might get a slight stagger, but would it even be enough to get 1 extra round?

The 43X/48 mag is a wildly inefficient use of space. That mag can be made into a full double stack like the 365 by using thinner metal walls.

I don’t think you can make the walls thinner on a G19 mag and fit 20 rounds. That would mean it’s some form of triple stack. Perhaps they can do it, but it’s a whole new beast.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
BBMW, the 43 is a straight single stack.
It's really not a straight single stack - the rear of each round staggers left / right slightly. Same on the G42.

To me a true single stack is round on top of round on top of round, directly above like a 1911 / P220 / P239.

Since the G43X/48 are wider at the grip and not interchangable with the G43, they are most certainly staggered as well.

A metal walled magazine can likely bring additionally capacity, but I'm still suspect of the ability to bring it to market reliably over the life of the weapon, but who knows.

These are obviously ETS magazines but looking in the top of my OEM G43 mags, there is a slight stagger as well for each round.

posted Hide Post
Great, I just bought extra mags for my new 43X, wish I had seen this sooner I may have not bought so many for now and held out in case these turn out to be legit

Posts: 513 | Location: SEMO | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I sent an email to Shield Arms about the potential damage to the polymer mag catch. Here is the reply:

“Eventually it’s possible, but that’s why we are soon releasing our metal mag catch.

Thanks,

Brandon Zeider
President, https://shieldarms.com

11926 MT HWY 83, Bigfork, MT 59911
https://shieldarms.com”

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
BBMW, the 43 is a straight single stack.
It's really not a straight single stack - the rear of each round staggers left / right slightly. Same on the G42.

To me a true single stack is round on top of round on top of round, directly above like a 1911 / P220 / P239.

Since the G43X/48 are wider at the grip and not interchangable with the G43, they are most certainly staggered as well.

A metal walled magazine can likely bring additionally capacity, but I'm still suspect of the ability to bring it to market reliably over the life of the weapon, but who knows.

These are obviously ETS magazines but looking in the top of my OEM G43 mags, there is a slight stagger as well for each round.

The G42 and G43 magazine witness holes are staggered, but the 43x/48 witness holes are in a straight line.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
If I wanted 15rds, I’d carry my G19

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
The G42 and G43 magazine witness holes are staggered, but the 43x/48 witness holes are in a straight line.
Just for clarity, I don't think witness holes have anything to do with actually being staggered or not.

And when I talk about the G42/43, I'm talking about the rounds actually being staggered to a degree, not the holes. IE, looking down the magazine as I take rounds out, you can see that #2 and 3 sit slightly offset left / right to the top round.

And seeing that the G43X/G48 mags are wider than the G43 mag (photo), without a doubt it is staggered to a degree or an aftermarket magazine could be made that staggers.

Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I bet Glock 19 sales aren't what they used to be.

Well, to be honest, no guns sales are what they used to be. But the G19 now has a lot of direct competition, some of which are arguably better.

But in this case Glock is competing with themselves. This is actually not a bad thing for them.

quote:
quote:

I'll climb out on that limb and say I think the G43X/G48 will be the best selling pistols in 2019 when the Q2-Q4 results start to come in. Wink

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea, you guys are nuts. Why would I want 15 rounds in a G48? Why the hell wouldn't you?

If the metal mag is reliable you would be STUPID to not take a 50% increase in rounds. It is nonsensical to argue otherwise. And thinner is well, not to put to fine a point on it, thinner.

Of course this all centers on the product actually occurring and being reliable. Easy enough to suss that out though.

Don't overthink this. If your wife offers you accept, don't try to outthink her lol.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Anybody heard any news on this recently? I checked the website and it's still the same.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post