SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !!
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
If these mags work out they will be a game changer, and at some point in the future they could very easily be selling new, second hand for $80. on up, each.
quote:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Biggy,

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, there's nothing like getting waaaaaaay ahead of things, is there? Can we put away the wild speculation, please? These magazines are not even out yet, and you have them on an hysterical black market. Hell, you've even set a price, which is rather remarkable.

Please keep politics out of apolitical threads. This stuff is unwelcome, to say the least. That's why we have this policy- members got completely fed up with politics bleeding over into everything.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 48 has been my edc. I was one always wishing for a single stack 19. 10 rds is great in my situation.
I did pre- order one of these. If it works, great, but not a huge deal for me.

Posts: 1652 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From their website. It wasn’t there before.

Made by Checkmate

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Check-Mate. Uh oh. Watch people start wanting their money back. Razz

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Checkmate

Ick

Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Checkmate? ROFL, no thanks.

I know people say their 1911 mags are great but I had nothing but issues with them in my Dan Wesson 1911's.

Not really interested in anything made by Checkmate.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I haven't had any issues with Checkmate magazines in my Dan Wessons. (They actually make Dan Wesson's factory magazines.)

I've also used quite a few of their M14 magazines, with no issues.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Got a Beretta 92? Ask US servicemen what they think of Checkmate magazines.

Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
(They actually make Dan Wesson's factory magazines.)

I'm aware, and they were total junk in my Guardian and my Valor. Replaced them with Chip McCormicks and Mecgars and issues went away.

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that doesn't sound good to me. Seems I recall SIG switched from MecGar to Checkmates and problems ensued. The two Dan Wesson mags in my 9mm Vigil Commander seem to work fine but I'll be getting MecGar, Chip McCormic, etc. down the road. Those 10rnd mags from MecGar look particularly nice.

WRT the 43X/48 mags, I was a LOT more excited at the thought of MecGar making them. I also have some reservations on the idea of a steel mag in Glocks. The mag catch slot is pretty wide on Glock mags, which isn't a problem with the factory mags because there is no need to make a cut through the mag tube.

However, with steel magazines, that's going to be a pretty wide gap in the magazine (on both sides) and I have to wonder just how well the bullets will travel over this open slot.

Could it induce the mags to eject out of the pistol as the bullet stack travels upward?

Could the upward movement be hindered by the mag catch?

While the initial test videos seemed to show everything working fine with prototype mags, once mass production commences (especially with a company like Checkmate) I have to wonder how they will really perform. I have a LOT more confidence in a company like MecGar. But, we'll see soon enough.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I’m out.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Of course lots of SIG Magazines are Checkmate.

I'll see how they perform in a year.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Great. Just great. When Shield said their first shipment had the wrong finish I immediately thought about Checkmate’s finish debacle with M9 mags. I still have three coming in that we plan on testing. We’ll see how it works in our 43Xs/48s.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Oi...

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
You guys know that Checkmate makes all of the P320 mags right?

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:

Even a blind hog will find an acorn now and again...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

Big Grin

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:

Several of my P320 mags that are "Made in Italy" by Mecgar would disagree.