SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !! Login/Join 
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
Seems like it shouldn’t be months from introduction to production.

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by evolution:

Yeah, exactly 3 months since the hype. Doesn't look so promising.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Looks like they are testing pre-production prototypes, per their YT video on 25 May.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
watching the latest video if I counted correctly it's 15+1 . I just got on the pre order list to be notified.

Counting through frame advance he only fired 15 rounds, though obviously he could load 15+1 if he wanted to. It also could not have been 14+1 since in the second video he had to have closed the slide on an empty chamber, otherwise it would have caused a double-feed.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Was it me, or did it look like he had to use a little force to get both empty mags out?

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't take anything out of these videos other than they've figured out how to get 15 rounds out of them.

I'd just wait until they hit the market and see what the initial independent reviews look like. This is yet another product that I wouldn't want to be the first one on my block to buy. Then again, depending on how much it costs, it might be an acceptable loss to buy one, even if it doesn't pan out.

quote:
Originally posted by rockchalk06:
Was it me, or did it look like he had to use a little force to get both empty mags out?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
The worst thing they could do is rush it to market, like the 365, people still won't buy them. it has to be 100 percent before market.

if they pull it off it's going to be a huge money maker for them. I really like my franken 43x .

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
People who think that they can bring this product from idea to production in 3 months are smoking crack.

Lots of prototyping, production tests, QC, etc go into making a successful product.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rockchalk06:

Good eye. Maybe. But I've seen phoshated mags fall that slowly.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Really? SIG has sold every P365 they could produce, and likely could have sold more. Yeas, some people won't buy them because of the initial teething problems. But those people didn't slow down sales.

quote:
The worst thing they could do is rush it to market, like the 365, people still won't buy them. it has to be 100 percent before market.

if they pull it off it's going to be a huge money maker for them. I really like my franken 43x .

In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
There are plenty of people turned off by aig’s QC issues. The 320 and 365 issues hurt. Only time will tell how much.

When I checked my Facebook feed this morning, 3 separate people I’m friends with had a fake advertisement that sig was now accepting pre-returns on the 365XL. One is a professional shooter and instructor. The other, until recently, owned a gun store for 21 years, one of the most successful in the state. FWIW, he has carried a p220 every day I’ve known him for 17 of those 21 years, and was a Sig master dealer. My point is, people trust what these guys think, and if the p320/365 issues have damaged sig’s reputation with them, it will spread. It doesn’t help that Glock has rolled out the gen 5s and the 43X/48 with few, if any, teething problems.

quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Really? SIG has sold every P365 they could produce, and likely could have sold more. Yeas, some people won't buy them because of the initial teething problems. But those people didn't slow down sales.

quote:

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
And yet, as I said before, through the teething problems and out the back of them, SIG has, AFAIK, been able to see every P365 they could build.

In point of fact, SIG has had QC issue previous to this, with the NH built aluminum framed P-series, the whole P250 abortion, the P320 drop safety fiasco, and the initial problems with the P365. And their still a top tier gun maker (as defined by the level of their sales, and, especially to LE and military.) Maybe they know something we don't, or don't want to accept.

quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
There are plenty of people turned off by aig’s QC issues. The 320 and 365 issues hurt. Only time will tell how much.

When I checked my Facebook feed this morning, 3 separate people I’m friends with had a fake advertisement that sig was now accepting pre-returns on the 365XL. One is a professional shooter and instructor. The other, until recently, owned a gun store for 21 years, one of the most successful in the state. FWIW, he has carried a p220 every day I’ve known him for 17 of those 21 years, and was a Sig master dealer. My point is, people trust what these guys think, and if the p320/365 issues have damaged sig’s reputation with them, it will spread. It doesn’t help that Glock has rolled out the gen 5s and the 43X/48 with few, if any, teething problems.

quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

quote:

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Gen5s with no problems??? BWAhahahhagaa.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
To be fair, and I do think Glock has better overall QC, but didn’t early GEN5’s spontaneously disassemble a time or three early in the LEO testing?

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigs are
my Panacea...
Picture of billpocz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
....It doesn’t help that Glock has rolled out the gen 5s and the 43X/48 with few, if any, teething problems....

Wow, I can’t help but wade into this discussion!

Glock Gen 5 is different, but not innovative, while both the 320 and 365 have true unique designs to both firearms. What truly unique items throughout history have not had a few start up problems. I hardly believe that these will be causing the demise of Sig anytime soon...

I hope this mag works out! It would be an innovative design that Glock SHOULD have already done!!

Bill

--- Sig 365, 365XL, 245, P6

Posts: 1999 | Location: Rural Northeastern KY | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
To be fair, and I do think Glock has better overall QC, but didn’t early GEN5’s spontaneously disassemble a time or three early in the LEO testing?

There were some sort of issues with the Indianapolis Metro PD 17M guns. I'm not trying to be a Glock apologist, but those guns predated commercial Gen 5 production.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:

No? Tell that to Pro Mag. They've been making mags for decades and still haven't figured it out. Big Grin

Magazines aren't as simple as they seem.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
ProMag makes a fantastic product!! What....they are not a malfunction training device you say??? The hell you say.

Well I for one think they are a great immediate action trainer. Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:

No? Tell that to Pro Mag. They've been making mags for decades and still haven't figured it out. Big Grin

Magazines aren't as simple as they seem.

+1.

They are the whole reason I am so highly skeptical about someone else trying a metal mag in a Glock.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I have to wonder if they're even going to be doing their own manufacturing.