SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !!
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !! Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Glad they are making progress - these things take time.

Hopefully if they get it right, I'll pick some up in the spring.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I love my G48. 15 rounds would be sweet, but Ill stay far away from these until they are well proven out.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
15 rounds in a G48 would make a nice package. I have a 43, 43x, 48, and a 19. I shoot the 48 as good or better than my 19. I hope these work out. I think Glock does as well. They will obviously lose some magazine sales, but it will enhance the sales of the pistols.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered 2 of these about 2 months ago. My order is still “processing”.

Posts: 184 | Location: Great Falls VA | Registered: February 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
I received this email from Shield Arms earlier today:

S15 Preorder Update
November 4, 2019

Bottom line up front: slight delay.

Our first shipment of magazines arrived from our magazine manufacturer, and today we ran them through quality control (QC). Unfortunately, they did not meet our standards as they were sent with the wrong surface finish. While this may not seem like a big deal, surface finish actually plays a big role in reliability, and we just aren’t willing to send magazines out to our customers that aren’t right, especially when it could potentially cause a reliability issue down the road.

The good news is that we should be receiving our next shipment of magazines next week, and we are assured that this issue will be corrected.

Thank you for your patience – as a way of saying thank you, ALL PREORDERS are shipping with a 20% OFF COUPON CODE to use on your next purchase at ShieldArms.com.

Stay tuned, we will be posting photos and videos to social media this week so you can see the magazines in action. Yes they are real, yes they run, and we are almost there.

FAQ
Q: When will the S15 magazines be back in stock?
A: For those of you who missed the pre-order, we are still projecting to have S15 magazines back in stock late November/early December provided there are no further delays. Please sign up for the newsletter on our website to be notified immediately when they are available!

Q: How will I know when my order is shipped?
A: You will receive a confirmation email with tracking as soon as your orders goes out! Please stand by for that email.

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Received the same letter today as well, I sure hope they get this right, going to make the 43x a sweeter pistol.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Man, I sure hope this isn’t a scam.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37083 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
From their instagram page. Don’t know if these mags were prototypes.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
I like my Glock 43X, and it's a great gun, but my Sigs, the P365 original, XL, and now SAS,all three carry and shoot better than my G43X, and I use 12 round mags in all three, without a problem of concealing, that's 13 rounds aboard, with a 15 round mag as an extra if needed, but 13 really serves my needs, and fortunatly I haven't had to find this out, I find my G43X carry's better in a belt holster for concealment, where as the P365 can be carried anywhere I want it...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Man, I sure hope this isn’t a scam.

Yep!

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that if the Shield Arms 15rd mags prove to be reliable and durable, and I think they will be, they will truly be a game changer and instantly make the Glock 43X the top **belt holstered** carry pistol on the market today.

The shorter grip frame 365, G43 and Hellcat pistols will edge out the 43X in concealability, *but just barely*, when carried in a *good* AIWB holster that tucks the grip of the pistol tight against your body, so not enough to make a difference to *most* people that have a midsection in reasonable good shape. Out of the box, the trigger is better (mainly just lighter) on both the 365 and Hellcat, than on the slimline Glock pistols.

While I believe the 365 and Hellcat pistols can be carried in *some* people’s pants pockets, they are not *what I would call* true pocket pistols, and are really too large to carry in *most* people's pants pockets, let alone safely carrying a pre-cocked striker-fired pistol that way, unless you use the manual thumb safety version.

Also,for me, *under stress* it is harder to get a fast fumble free draw consistently with any of the short grip frame pistols. The inherent accuracy of all three pistols is pretty much a toss up, but because of the better (lighter) out of the box trigger, the 365's practical (hand held) accuracy edges out the 43x.

The longer grip fame on the 43x makes it much easier to get a good fast four fingered grip for a fast draw from concealment. The longer grip and easier to use magazine release of the 43x also makes mag changes, if needed, much easier and faster, with much less chance to fumble on one under stress. The full four fingered grip of the 43x also makes the pistol easier to control when shooting fast.

There is also more room on the 43x frame to put your support hand thumb, where on the 365 and 365XL there is very little room, and it’s hard to keep your thumb in place on the frame when shooting them. The 365 and 365XL have picatinny rails and the 365XL has the RDS/MOS type cut, where the 43X doesn't have these features *yet*, but they probably will in six months.

I had a 365 for a short time, and out of the box the grip was really to small *for me* without using a Hogue Handall grip sleeve, but in the short time I had it, it was reliable and had decent accuracy with the ammo I shot through it. But now it's gone and a new black 43X with Ameriglo nights sights has taken it's place, and when carried in a *good*AIWB, I much prefer it over the shorter grip pistols.

I also like the much brighter and easier to pick up Ameriglo Bold night sights compared to the Sig X-ray nights sights.I did add a Vicker's (new,version 2) flat trigger and extended slide release/lock,a Glock OEM NP3 coated minus connector, a Wolff 4.5 striker spring and a light polish job, and now the trigger is just how *I* like it for a carry pistol. The pistol’s practical hand held accuracy is also now improved and very good with the ammo I have shot through it. I also installed a Tau Development SCD for an added measure of safety when reholstering the pistol.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Biggy,

1). Paragraphs please. UPDATE: Thank you.

2). What you're saying may be functionally correct, but it likely isn't what the market wants. None of the makers publish per model sales numbers, but I have a feeling the P365 has strongly outsold the G43X, and stole a lot of sales from the non-X 43.

3). A lot of people ARE pocket carrying P365. There was a thread on pocket carry a few weeks back, and there were several posters who said they were. If someone can pocket carry a J-frame, which a lot of j-framers do, they can pocket carry a P365. See the thread below for comparison.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...320004164#6320004164

4). If the Shield mag ever gets past the vaporware stage, and proves reliable, I think it's more likely to take a chunk out of Glock 19 sales than P365 sales.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While pocket carry is convenient, IMHO, with short gripped pistols, it will never be as fast or as safe as with most belt holstered pistols, but it does have a place.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Biggy,

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I agree, but people want / like / buy convenience. Just shoving a gun in their pants pocket is quicker and easier than pfutzing with a holster. This is one of the main reasons that J-frames (and similar) have kept their popularity over the years.

quote:
Originally posted by Biggy:
While pocket carry is convenient, IMHO, with short gripped pistols, it will never be as fast or as safe as with most belt holstered pistols, but it does have a place.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
If convenience wasn’t a major issue to a lot of people, they would simply just carry a G19. The G19 is superior in every fashion to the 43/48 platform in the terms of speed/accuracy.

But, the 43/48 sized guns are popular because the have much to offer in a convenient platform. From a speed/accuracy standpoint, they are a good compromise. Hence the allure of cramming 15 rounds into the gun. It lessens the amount of compromise.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37083 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
If convenience wasn’t a major issue to a lot of people, they would simply just carry a G19. The G19 is superior in every fashion to the 43/48 platform in the terms of speed/accuracy.

But, the 43/48 sized guns are popular because the have much to offer in a convenient platform. From a speed/accuracy standpoint, they are a good compromise. Hence the allure of cramming 15 rounds into the gun. It lessens the amount of compromise.

I sold my 43X for that very reason. I could not throw it in my Smart Carry holster like I can with my P365, and for me, it printed no more or less than a Glock 19 or a P365 with a 12 rounder.

I am able to carry a 17 round mag weak side backup as well as a few more in the Ram. For me it made no sense to wait for the 15 rounders in the 43X/48. The weight between the two was so unnoticeable that I gave it up.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
If convenience wasn’t a major issue to a lot of people, they would simply just carry a G19. The G19 is superior in every fashion to the 43/48 platform in the terms of speed/accuracy

So although I agree with this sentiment and generally see carry guns as either DEEP CARRY tiny when absolutely necessary or just carry any of the awesome fighting sized pistols since you still need to conceal anyway so you might as well have a fighting pistol. That said.....

Why would the Glock 48 be markedly slower/inferior in handling to a G19 as it’s really just a single stack G19? I HAVE NOT shot a 48 or 43x for that matter but in feel the 48 really feels like a slightly smaller G19 to me.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For summer and warmer weather carry I much prefer the lighter and thinner 43X compared to my G19. After handling the 43x my G19 grip feels huge and almost made me laugh. I still really like my two new Gen5 G19 FS’s, but the feel in the hand is really different.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
quote:
If convenience wasn’t a major issue to a lot of people, they would simply just carry a G19. The G19 is superior in every fashion to the 43/48 platform in the terms of speed/accuracy

So although I agree with this sentiment and generally see carry guns as either DEEP CARRY tiny when absolutely necessary or just carry any of the awesome fighting sized pistols since you still need to conceal anyway so you might as well have a fighting pistol. That said.....

Why would the Glock 48 be markedly slower/inferior in handling to a G19 as it’s really just a single stack G19? I HAVE NOT shot a 48 or 43x for that matter but in feel the 48 really feels like a slightly smaller G19 to me.

Shoot a bill drill with it and get back to me. Or draw fire one/ reload one. Look at the competition world and tell me how many 43/48 guns are crushing production division. How many .gov agencies are dumping full size guns for the 43/48. There lies your answer. Smaller gun, less weight, shorter recoil system. Remember the 48 has the short 43 recoil spring set up. Both guns are slower across the board. It's the nature of the beast. And it isn't like Glock reinvented the wheel. The XDS has been in this arena for years.

The beauty of the 19 is the fact that you lose next to nothing in performance over the 17. It actually handles a bit better in some aspects.

www.opspectraining.com