SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43X /48 15 rd game changer.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Glock 43X /48 15 rd game changer. Login/Join 
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Preorder is live at their website.

No stake in the game. Don’t have a 43X nor 48.



Not minority enough!
 
Posts: 6391 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I have to wonder if they're even going to be doing their own manufacturing.
Small bunch of guys, they are likely outsourcing it all.
 
Posts: 43911 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
And yet, as I said before, through the teething problems and out the back of them, SIG has, AFAIK, been able to see every P365 they could build.

In point of fact, SIG has had QC issue previous to this, with the NH built aluminum framed P-series, the whole P250 abortion, the P320 drop safety fiasco, and the initial problems with the P365. And their still a top tier gun maker (as defined by the level of their sales, and, especially to LE and military.) Maybe they know something we don't, or don't want to accept.

quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
There are plenty of people turned off by aig’s QC issues. The 320 and 365 issues hurt. Only time will tell how much.

When I checked my Facebook feed this morning, 3 separate people I’m friends with had a fake advertisement that sig was now accepting pre-returns on the 365XL. One is a professional shooter and instructor. The other, until recently, owned a gun store for 21 years, one of the most successful in the state. FWIW, he has carried a p220 every day I’ve known him for 17 of those 21 years, and was a Sig master dealer. My point is, people trust what these guys think, and if the p320/365 issues have damaged sig’s reputation with them, it will spread. It doesn’t help that Glock has rolled out the gen 5s and the 43X/48 with few, if any, teething problems.



quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Really? SIG has sold every P365 they could produce, and likely could have sold more. Yeas, some people won't buy them because of the initial teething problems. But those people didn't slow down sales.

quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
The worst thing they could do is rush it to market, like the 365, people still won't buy them. it has to be 100 percent before market.

if they pull it off it's going to be a huge money maker for them. I really like my franken 43x .


Taurus sells a lot of guns globally. I don’t think that’s a proper metric to use.


-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...
 
Posts: 6337 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
From another forum:



An industry insider said he believes Mec-Gar will be making these mags for Shield Arms.


---
if it's true, it might be worthwhile. I really like my 43 and haven't felt a need to get a 43X or 48 but I might get a 48 if these work.
 
Posts: 1310 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
I pre-ordered a couple of these mags. Hopefully they really do ship next month and work as well as advertised.
 
Posts: 1362 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:
From another forum:

An industry insider said he believes Mec-Gar will be making these mags for Shield Arms.
---
if it's true, it might be worthwhile. I really like my 43 and haven't felt a need to get a 43X or 48 but I might get a 48 if these work.

Agree 100%
 
Posts: 43911 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
If they truly have MecGar on board these will be a game changer for these little guys assuming the steel doesn’t chew up the mag release or their steel replacement one works.


"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
 
Posts: 4523 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I think there is the matter of who they sell guns to. I don't know of any major LE or military organizations buying/issuing Taurus pistols (the caveat being that there could be I just haven't heard.) The same very much cannot be said about SIG.

It's been a few months since I wrote the post you responded to. AFAIK SIG is still selling every P365 they can make. If I'm wrong, hopefully our gun industry people will let me know. And I'm hearing much less about failures. Maybe there are some people still boycotting because of the teething issues. But they've had essentially no effect on sales, at least as far as I can see.

quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
And yet, as I said before, through the teething problems and out the back of them, SIG has, AFAIK, been able to see every P365 they could build.

In point of fact, SIG has had QC issue previous to this, with the NH built aluminum framed P-series, the whole P250 abortion, the P320 drop safety fiasco, and the initial problems with the P365. And their still a top tier gun maker (as defined by the level of their sales, and, especially to LE and military.) Maybe they know something we don't, or don't want to accept.

quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
There are plenty of people turned off by aig’s QC issues. The 320 and 365 issues hurt. Only time will tell how much.

When I checked my Facebook feed this morning, 3 separate people I’m friends with had a fake advertisement that sig was now accepting pre-returns on the 365XL. One is a professional shooter and instructor. The other, until recently, owned a gun store for 21 years, one of the most successful in the state. FWIW, he has carried a p220 every day I’ve known him for 17 of those 21 years, and was a Sig master dealer. My point is, people trust what these guys think, and if the p320/365 issues have damaged sig’s reputation with them, it will spread. It doesn’t help that Glock has rolled out the gen 5s and the 43X/48 with few, if any, teething problems.



quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Really? SIG has sold every P365 they could produce, and likely could have sold more. Yeas, some people won't buy them because of the initial teething problems. But those people didn't slow down sales.

quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
The worst thing they could do is rush it to market, like the 365, people still won't buy them. it has to be 100 percent before market.

if they pull it off it's going to be a huge money maker for them. I really like my franken 43x .


Taurus sells a lot of guns globally. I don’t think that’s a proper metric to use.
 
Posts: 19300 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Justice Forever
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I just pre-ordered this mag. I called and talked to them. They emailed me and gave me a discount code for a service discount. Now, the wait continues...
 
Posts: 2542 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post


Well, they didn't make their October ship date. I guess Nov. 1 is better than more waiting.



Not minority enough!
 
Posts: 6391 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
If they truly have MecGar on board these will be a game changer for these little guys assuming the steel doesn’t chew up the mag release or their steel replacement one works.

From Shield Arms' website:

What took so long?
While it always takes time to create tooling, what slowed us down is that to our knowledge, this magazine geometry has never been done before, so it took a little extra time for our magazine manufacturer to dial in tooling.


I doubt MecGar is their manufacturer. I find it hard to believe the world's largest and most respected pistol magazine manufacturer would have this much difficulty w/ tooling.
 
Posts: 1691 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
If they truly have MecGar on board these will be a game changer for these little guys assuming the steel doesn’t chew up the mag release or their steel replacement one works.

From Shield Arms' website:

What took so long?
While it always takes time to create tooling, what slowed us down is that to our knowledge, this magazine geometry has never been done before, so it took a little extra time for our magazine manufacturer to dial in tooling.


I doubt MecGar is their manufacturer. I find it hard to believe the world's largest and most respected pistol magazine manufacturer would have this much difficulty w/ tooling.

It is Mec-Gar. Largest or not, this is completely new territory for anyone, jamming 15 rounds into that small space. What worked in prototype might not translate to smooth sailing when gearing up for production. Anyone still remember the P227 14-rounder fiasco?
 
Posts: 18793 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I have absolutely no doubt these new mags will work just fine. I am looking to get more than a few of them.
 
Posts: 313 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, do they have a flush-fitting twenty round magazine for the G19? Makes sense, doesn't it?
 
Posts: 89090 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
So, do they have a flush-fitting twenty round magazine for the G19? Makes sense, doesn't it?

That would be awesome. And there are millions of G 19’s out there. Of course that makes me doubt 15 round magazines for a G 48 or G 43X.


-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
 
Posts: 6797 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
If they can get 15 rounds in a 43 x then can't they get 9 or 10 rounds into a 43?
 
Posts: 298 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Shield said they were working on an all metal mag for the regular 43.

I think someone took a Glock 17 or 19 mag and shaved off the plastic and it fits in the 43x.
Or maybe that was something different? It doesn't look like it would fit.

Wonder if anyone has tried someone else's metal mag in a 19.

We'll all have to wait and see how this works and long term.

My 43X is one of my current EDCs and I feel fine with it. Well, the barrel needs to go to CCR for some CPII love, but other than that, it's good to go!



Not minority enough!
 
Posts: 6391 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is Mec-Gar. Largest or not, this is completely new territory for anyone, jamming 15 rounds into that small space. What worked in prototype might not translate to smooth sailing when gearing up for production. Anyone still remember the P227 14-rounder fiasco?

Q

^^
Yes. I can wait. I did get the extended mags. My Glock 19 looks like a Tech 9 with them. Worked but got funny looks. It was fun.
 
Posts: 6801 | Location: MS GULF COAST | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
MecGar is making these?! That’s freaking awesome. I was totally non interested. Just thought these would be cool range mags. But if MecGar is on board, that changes things substantially. I’ll wait a few months for reports and then probably pick up a few. MecGar could become an ever more wealthy company if they can roll this technology to other models such as the G42 and G43.

Honestly , old man Glock needs to retire and let some new blood run the show. Old guys like that are just content doing things the old way and don’t care about innovation.

A Glock AR15 or Glock carbine or Sig 365 capacity ultra compact could have hundreds of millions of dollars in sales.


______________________________________________________
Often times a very small man can cast a very large shadow
 
Posts: 5533 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I think a 10 rounder in a 43 non-x is more of a game changer than a 15 rounder in an x. There's a huge base of non-xes out there, but much fewer xes.

As far as the 19 goes, I'm not sure they can do much with it. Going all metal will give them more width to work with inside the mag, but, since the 19 is already a full double stack, I'm not sure how they can use the width to add more capacity.

What Glock could do with an all metal magazine would be to make the entire gun narrower, keeping it full double stack. But this would make it an entirely different gun. There's be no backwards mag capacity, and a narrower frame would likely require changing a lot of the internal parts. So compatibility with a lot of third party parts (think triggers), would be gone.

quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Shield said they were working on an all metal mag for the regular 43.

I think someone took a Glock 17 or 19 mag and shaved off the plastic and it fits in the 43x.
Or maybe that was something different? It doesn't look like it would fit.

Wonder if anyone has tried someone else's metal mag in a 19.

We'll all have to wait and see how this works and long term.

My 43X is one of my current EDCs and I feel fine with it. Well, the barrel needs to go to CCR for some CPII love, but other than that, it's good to go!
 
Posts: 19300 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43X /48 15 rd game changer.

© SIGforum 2019