SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !!
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !! Login/Join 
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
Shield Arms announced that S15 mags will go on sale again friday 21st 6pm MST on their website. No idea if there will be a limit on how many you can order.
Go get 'em!

Thanks Agony for the heads up on this, I don't know where you get your intel on the release but would very much appreciate you posting it next time too. Cool

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Nice to see them out there and getting pretty good reviews, but I'll wait another 6-12 months until they are further refined and for sale at the $25 or so price point. Until then my G19 still fits IWB and has 15 onboard.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
So, is the new mag release needed with these or just a recommendation?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
My understanding is that it’s recommended but not needed.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

Watch this video, https://youtu.be/3pDKXJNaTsY , all the way through and at the end you will see a top of frame down into the mag well view of the magazine catch. The damage shown is what occurred from the amount of shooting done in the video. Personally, I ordered the metal mag catch when I ordered my magazines.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Just recommended. I put one in my 48 and 43x as I wanted a slightly extended mag catch. I like the stippling of the surface of their mag catch.

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I ordered the mag catch as well, going to see how many rounds I can get out of the poly one first. just might be one of those pistols and shelves the rest.

so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
Shield Arms announced that S15 mags will go on sale again friday 21st 6pm MST on their website. No idea if there will be a limit on how many you can order.
Go get 'em!

Thanks Agony for the heads up on this, I don't know where you get your intel on the release but would very much appreciate you posting it next time too. Cool

No problem guys. I'm just glad everyone got some of these mags finally. And like I posted earlier, my intel comes straight from their private facebook page, Shield Wall. If you're on FB, ask to join. Not too many members but Brandon from SA is very active there and very helpful and quick to respond to any questions or problems.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
As for the need for a metal mag catch, as said it isn't needed, but eventually you'll wear out the oem plastic one and the mags will no longer lock into the gun. And you never know when this will happen as there are reports that as few as a hundred rounds or less has caused damage. It's simply insurance to spend another 25 bucks or so for a metal mag catch. If you're worrying that the metal catch will wear your frame, it won't.

I do really love the 48. It fits my hands so well and I've been a 19 guy for many years. My only issue with the 48 is the lack of a light rail. In Europe they have the 48 and 43 with rails. Wondering why they don't release these here in the US?

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Knowing Glock they will, just wait until next year once the sales of the 48 and 43x start to taper off.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
I'm sitting here wondering why a 15 round mag is even neded for the 43X and 48? Why not just carry an extra mag for a reload? Or carry a G19 instead?

The 48 is a really nice Glock that is thin and points well. The grip, as is, is not that hard to conceal. If you have another inch of mag sticking out, that screws up the concealability.

Sorry, not understanding the need for increased capacity mags in these guns. Regards 18DAI

MAUR IS BETTER!

Posts: 16 | Registered: December 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Just waiting a little longer for the S15 to be thoroughly beta tested. And, if everything is problem free, I might just give the G43x another chance.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Just waiting a little longer for the S15 to be thoroughly beta tested. And, if everything is problem free, I might just give the G43x another chance.

I sold my original silver slide one when Sig released the 15 round P365 mags. Since the announcement of these S15 mags, I have purchased another one, but black. I received 3 of my 5 mags yesterday from Shield. Remaining 2 should be here this week along with the metal mag catches (Glock 48 too) and hopefully the extra power springs.

So far, they look good. Load well, follower is smooth going down and they are not flimsy at all. Floor plates take down like a Sig mag which is a big plus. Cleaning will be a breeze. You will defiantly need a loader to get that 15 round, but afterwards, they seat just fine.

There is a tab bit more front to back play when the mag is seated. Factory mags do the same, but there is noticeably more with the S15 mags.

If all goes well with USPS, I will try and get a few hundred down range on Sunday.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
So, question from the other end of the mag spectrum.

The metal magazines wear the plastic catch. Will a metal catch wear the plastic magazines???

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
So, question from the other end of the mag spectrum.

The metal magazines wear the plastic catch. Will a metal catch wear the plastic magazines???

I’ve been wondering the same thing.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought metal mag releases have been in use in various glocks forever with no issues?

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I can’t speak to that. All my Glocks are ....... now everybody take a seat, maybe grab a stiff drink at the very least hold on to your butts.....

All my Glocks are ....GASP!!!! BONE STOCK!!! Well except for replacing the dovetail protectors, but that doesn’t count.

So do the metal mag releases play nice with stock mags then?

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
all that matters is my mags are going to be delivered Thursday. Razz

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
So do the metal mag releases play nice with stock mags then?

Yeah, but what does that have anything to do with the S15? Get outta here. Razz

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
all that matters is my mags are going to be delivered Thursday. Razz

Yer' darn tootin' right! Big Grin

Actually, I recieved one yesterday. The others will be in today.

The one I received so far, I couldn't even open. I wanted to savor it! Razz

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post