SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !!
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !! Login/Join 
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
We’re never getting them this year.

I am order 15800 ordered on 9/15.
I think people in the 129xx-13xxx got it in the first (well second) batch.

The 3rd batch is at heat treatment so the second group of shipments will probably go out next week if nothing is wrong with them.


Unfortunately I think you're overestimating how many have shipped. My order number is 130XX and still have received nothing.
 
Posts: 14 | Registered: September 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Almost none of the mags have shipped because of manufacturing problems. That is why there have been just a few reviews. Preorders will still have to wait until January at the earliest
 
Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
So, how many have they shipped? Two?
 
Posts: 20444 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Have one of the Shield Arms S15 for my 43x. First 300+ rounds no issues, next 300 pretty much will not lock back after the last round. Started at around the 400 round mark. My oem mags work perfectly and lock back when they’re supposed to.
 
Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Draggun:
Have one of the Shield Arms S15 for my 43x. First 300+ rounds no issues, next 300 pretty much will not lock back after the last round. Started at around the 400 round mark. My oem mags work perfectly and lock back when they’re supposed to.


Are you using the OEM mag catch? Or did you switch to an aluminum one? I’ve read reports on other forums where the S15 mag will chew up the OEM mag catch in pretty short order. If so, perhaps that has happened to yours, and the mags aren’t able to sit high enough for the follower to lock the slide back.

OEM mags appear to have a lot more bearing area on the mag catch, whereas the S15 mag looks like it just hangs on the corner of the mag catch - again, from what I’ve read and seen pictures posted on different forums.
 
Posts: 1453 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phred:
quote:
Originally posted by Draggun:
Have one of the Shield Arms S15 for my 43x. First 300+ rounds no issues, next 300 pretty much will not lock back after the last round. Started at around the 400 round mark. My oem mags work perfectly and lock back when they’re supposed to.


Are you using the OEM mag catch? Or did you switch to an aluminum one? I’ve read reports on other forums where the S15 mag will chew up the OEM mag catch in pretty short order. If so, perhaps that has happened to yours, and the mags aren’t able to sit high enough for the follower to lock the slide back.

OEM mags appear to have a lot more bearing area on the mag catch, whereas the S15 mag looks like it just hangs on the corner of the mag catch - again, from what I’ve read and seen pictures posted on different forums.


I don’t have the aluminum mag catch. Certainly isn’t a problem with my oem 10 round mag. I did talk to Shield arms and they are sending me a new follower along with a new mag spring. We’ll see if that does the trick. I likely will get the aluminum one in the near future.
 
Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Available for pre-order at Brownells, $39.99:

https://www.brownells.com/maga...aspx?sku=100-039-071

The left side of the link has a 2:35 video about this mag.
 
Posts: 14641 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Military Arms Channel review of these mags.

https://youtu.be/3pDKXJNaTsY
 
Posts: 337 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My three pack should be here Friday. Will have to find some range time next week to test them.



Not minority enough!
 
Posts: 6769 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
My order shipped (in the 16xxx range) & will be here Saturday.
 
Posts: 312 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My three pack showed up Thursday.

Didn't have much time, just ran 45 rounds through the gun. No issues. Mag locked back each time it was empty.

No issues loading mag with slide closed.



Not minority enough!
 
Posts: 6769 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
If these prove out and can legitimately get into the pipeline then ultimately this Is a win for Glock because I bet they sell a lot of 43x/48s after this.


"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
 
Posts: 5339 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
If these prove out and can legitimately get into the pipeline then ultimately this Is a win for Glock because I bet they sell a lot of 43x/48s after this.


I think Glock is likely already producing way below demand. The last couple of times I was down at the factory, they were a half million units behind or more. I was down there in ‘14 and they were 1.2 million units behind.

A good problem to have.




www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"



 
Posts: 34490 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Justice Forever
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Same here

quote:
Originally posted by l33571:
My order shipped (in the 16xxx range) & will be here Saturday.
 
Posts: 2921 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
An instructor at our range received one this week. Several hundred trouble free rounds so far. The mag looks, feels and performs like a quality piece of equipment.
 
Posts: 375 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Issues with new products / initial batches is nothing new - prototype to mass production is a leap and sometimes things don't translate over.

I'll give it 3-6 months and hope they hold up as this recent batch seems to be doing.
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I think Glock is likely already producing way below demand. The last couple of times I was down at the factory, they were a half million units behind or more. I was down there in ‘14 and they were 1.2 million units behind.

A good problem to have.
Control supply with high demand, keep prices up.

Business 101.
 
Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I'm seriously thinking about getting these for my G-43X. Both Shield and Brownells are showing out of stock, no back orders:

https://shieldarms.com/glock-43x-48-15-round-mag

https://www.brownells.com/maga...aspx?sku=100-039-071
 
Posts: 14641 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Mine have been working great so far.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Biggy,
 
Posts: 337 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biggy:

...Use of the Shield Arms mag release should be mandatory when using these mags...


Also out of stock, back order OK.

https://shieldarms.com/glock-43x-48-mag-release
 
Posts: 14641 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
My pre-order showed up on Sat. Shot 180 rounds with the 3 mags and their mag catch. No issues with Speer lawman 147s, 147s golddot and 124 +P golddot. Not a huge sample size. Will be using these a lot over the next few months and see how they hold up.
 
Posts: 312 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21 
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !!

© SIGforum 2020