SIGforum
Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/3200090454

November 29, 2019, 03:09 PM
BBMW
Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !!
Random review video with a production magazine.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/8EXD12cQgGM
November 29, 2019, 03:10 PM
BB61
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yeah, Mec-Gar magazines are second to none. Whether or not Checkmate will produce these Shield Arms magazines which are the equal to what Mec-Gar would produce is a matter to question. I seem to recall rather dimly that Mec-Gar had some issues producing reliable.40 caliber mags for the Beretta 92. I could be mistaken about that. But, other than this one instance, I cannot recall seeing any reports of unreliable Mec-Gar products. Just look at how many manufacturers use Mec-Gar for their OEM mag supplier.

^^^^^^
Your memory is correct. I had several that were about as reliable as a ProMag. As I recall, MecGar changed the spring or lips. Interestingly enough, they worked in my Brigadier 96 Elite II but not my Cx4 Storm.

On a side note, I bought mine from USAOZ on the forum. I had them for about a year before I tried them. Let’s just say his customer service was so astonishingly good that I’m still impressed and this was several years ago.

November 29, 2019, 08:41 PM
snoris
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
And if your aunt had nuts she'd be your uncle.

Great line---you must be a Don Cherry fan.
December 01, 2019, 09:23 AM
Mike-4
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

My understanding is that for optimal function, a metal mag release assembly is recommended for this magazine.
December 01, 2019, 11:03 AM
RHINOWSO
quote:

Never mind the chickens!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
December 01, 2019, 11:50 AM
BBMW
Without the metal mag release, the cut in the metal mag body will chew up the stock plastic mag release. It's yet to be determined what their metal (aluminum) mag release will do to the plastic bodies of stock Glock mags.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike-4:
quote:

My understanding is that for optimal function, a metal mag release assembly is recommended for this magazine.

December 01, 2019, 01:40 PM
gordynismo
quote:
Without the metal mag release, the cut in the metal mag body will chew up the stock plastic mag release. It's yet to be determined what their metal (aluminum) mag release will do to the plastic bodies of stock Glock mags.

I have used various metal mag releases (Agent & Crux Order) in my Glocks for years and never had an issue - OEM & PMAG. Is their mag release a different geometry that might bite the opening in the mage differently?
December 01, 2019, 01:45 PM
JWF
If a 15 round, flush fit metal magazine is available, why would one use the 10 round plastic magazine? Get the aluminum magazine release and call it good.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry
December 01, 2019, 01:52 PM
BBMW
I would think it would need to be more than available, it would have to be proven reliable. It's not there yet.

quote:
Originally posted by JWF:
If a 15 round, flush fit metal magazine is available, why would one use the 10 round plastic magazine? Get the aluminum magazine release and call it good.

December 03, 2019, 12:57 AM
ruger357
Got a reply from mecgar. No plans to develop any GLOCK mags.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
December 11, 2019, 12:28 AM
XLT
Has anyone got their hands on these yet ? if so please give us you're 2 cents
December 11, 2019, 03:04 PM
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:

I would have thought that you, or other eager beavers on here, already were the early adopters. But, since the mags have shipped, crickets. Strange.

Q

December 11, 2019, 03:16 PM
Ryanp225
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

Never mind the chickens!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I was more concerned about the dog downrange.
December 11, 2019, 03:40 PM
RHINOWSO
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I would have thought that you, or other eager beavers on here, already were the early adopters. But, since the mags have shipped, crickets. Strange.
My guess is they must work ok at least, otherwise the interwebz would be BLOWING UP with people saying that they are junk. People LOVE to give crappy reviews, but if things work they are less likely to follow through IME.

The dropfree issue in some frames appears to be the only real 'problem'.
December 11, 2019, 07:43 PM
BennerP220
Still waiting on mine....
quote:

December 12, 2019, 11:53 AM
iron chef
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
My guess is they must work ok at least, otherwise the interwebz would be BLOWING UP with people saying that they are junk. People LOVE to give crappy reviews, but if things work they are less likely to follow through IME.

The dropfree issue in some frames appears to be the only real 'problem'.

Makes me wonder how many have shipped. Could be a lack of positive or negative reviews is due to a low number being out there in the first place. People who pre-ordered are still waiting to get theirs.
December 12, 2019, 12:03 PM
XLT
quote:
quote:

I tried but missed the first release, I'm on the list.
December 13, 2019, 12:01 PM
Chowser
We’re never getting them this year.

I am order 15800 ordered on 9/15.
I think people in the 129xx-13xxx got it in the first (well second) batch.

The 3rd batch is at heat treatment so the second group of shipments will probably go out next week if nothing is wrong with them.

Not minority enough!
December 14, 2019, 11:31 PM
XLT
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
We’re never getting them this year.

I am order 15800 ordered on 9/15.
I think people in the 129xx-13xxx got it in the first (well second) batch.

The 3rd batch is at heat treatment so the second group of shipments will probably go out next week if nothing is wrong with them.

almost like having a license to print money.
December 15, 2019, 05:50 AM
l33571
Order #16266 places on 9/18 and nothing so far.