SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !!
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !! Login/Join 
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted
found this on youtube 15 round, this could be good if they are reliable.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: XLT,

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I think Glock would have done it, if it were possible.

Q

Posts: 26375 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Made out of the best unobtainium that money can buy, I bet.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Do you think it's fake?

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
quote:

Do you think it's fake?

Yes.

Q

Posts: 26375 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
https://shieldarms.com/glock-43x-48-15-round-mag

Sig made a 12 round mag for the 365 thats smaller then the 48. the 48 is also wider then the 365.. making them from steel saves space. I dont think some company is going to risk their reputation on making a fake video.

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
What SIG did with the P365 somewhat contradicts that.

I'd like to see these people make a high cap mag for the original 43.

quote:

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Maybe they ditched the metal liner and made it a true double stack with a flat follower.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
And if your aunt had nuts she'd be your uncle.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
A 365 mag fits in the 48/43X. It’s just a matter of someone like mecgar making a metal mag for it. I really hope they do eventually.

The website for the company in that video (shield Arms) says “coming soon” on their website. I’m definitely in for a few when they’re available.

https://shieldarms.com/glock-43x-48-15-round-mag

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Here's a factory alternative that holds 15 rounds.

https://us.glock.com/Products/G19

I mean really fellas, I really like the 48, but this is getting silly.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
It will be great, if they can do it. But, I'm not holding my breath.

Q

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
My opinion is that this little tease video is just a way to attract potential investors into the company. They got nothing working reliably right now. Heck, if you can make a flush fit mag that holds 15 rounds that works, then why make this giant elephant foot for the OEM 43x/48 mag that only adds 4 extra rounds?

Folks say SIG did it with the P365. Sure they did. Then, why didn't Glock do it with their G43x/48? You think Glock just left a potential gold mine out there for others to grab? I still maintain that, if it were possible, they (Glock) would have done it.

Q

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I'm sure that Springer or Taran Tactical will make something if the market is there. But, then plan on spending an extra $35 on a $25 magazine.

I also would feel fairly confident that Magpul will come up with something if the market is there that will be much cheaper and actually workable.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

I agree, although I wouldn't call it that silly. Having said that, they need to make such mag for a G43 first. P365 is way too lonely out there.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I'm sitting here wondering why a 15 round mag is even neded for the 43X and 48? Why not just carry an extra mag for a reload? Or carry a G19 instead?

The 48 is a really nice Glock that is thin and points well. The grip, as is, is not that hard to conceal. If you have another inch of mag sticking out, that screws up the concealability.

Sorry, not understanding the need for increased capacity mags in these guns. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
I'm sitting here wondering why a 15 round mag is even neded for the 43X and 48? Why not just carry an extra mag for a reload? Or carry a G19 instead?

The 48 is a really nice Glock that is thin and points well. The grip, as is, is not that hard to conceal. If you have another inch of mag sticking out, that screws up the concealability.

Sorry, not understanding the need for increased capacity mags in these guns. Regards 18DAI

The same reason big guys carry small guns with huge grip extensions to get their meat hooks on them - because they aren't that good at concealing in the first place and rarely carry anyway. It all looks good on the interwebs

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:

Their 15 sec tease video implies/shows a flush fit 15-rd mag. Their "coming soon" page says nothing. Nothing. If it were possible to jam 15 rounds into a flush fit mag, don't you think they would be touting that all over their page, already?

Q

posted Hide Post
"Game Changer"