SIGforum
any experience with a 220 compact SAO?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/3200066754

June 08, 2019, 11:53 PM
bolo4tom
any experience with a 220 compact SAO?
ive got the chance to pick up the 220C SAO..it has the aluminum grips, elite frame (large beavertail) and siglites etc. the actual nomenclature is 220C3-45-BSSP-SAO SN is G514 XXX. I have the SAO carry edition and I love it, but ive had the 245 when they first came out and didn't like it, not enough grip. the mags have extensions on them. wondering bout experiences with them? and yes, ive searched here and other places, mainly just get an occasional mention..not a lot of hard info. thanks in advance.
June 09, 2019, 11:01 AM
Rustpot
I've got one, same setup. It was a factory configuration. As long as you're a fan of .45 in small guns it should do you just fine. The beavertail helps to tame it a bit in my opinion

Mine has a stiff safety, but only the right side lever. And I'm a lefty, so it never really made it into rotation. I looked into it and it wasn't uncommon, but I believe it only exists on the standard 220, the 226 and 220 x-guns use a slightly different setup that does not have the issue.

Sig blew out the 220 compact mags a while back and no longer has them on the website, so I think the supply will dry up as dealers move inventory.
June 09, 2019, 11:51 AM
bolo4tom
thanks for the info. I seen an old thread bout the Sig mags goin for cheap, wish I had known. I think im gonna go ahead and pick it up. Smile
June 09, 2019, 03:42 PM
pulicords
I've owned a P220 SAO SC for close to ten years now and don't carry it as often as I suppose I should. Its very accurate and never failed to function properly but it is a bit clunky for its size and the 6+1 capacity pales in comparison to the much smaller and lighter P365 that's my usual EDC.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."
June 09, 2019, 06:31 PM
bolo4tom
Puli, that's the same exact gun I just picked up. I was hoping the grip was a lil longer than the 245 but they seem nearly identical, but I like this gun.
June 11, 2019, 10:07 AM
US_P225
I had one, briefly, and sold it. I love the P220, but the beavertail kept my grip lower than I'd like and the trigger was kind of mushy. If it had a trigger half as good as my Springfield XDS, I would have kept it.