SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 19 gen3 or gen4
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 19 gen3 or gen4 Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Ever so slightly prefer gen 4.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I am a much bigger fan of the Gen4.
Me too. I bought a Gen3, just prior to being issued a Gen4. That Gen4 mag release alone makes me regret the purchase of the Gen3. Also, using the large backstrap allowed me to fit the gun to my hand better. There are couple guys in the office with short fingers who really like having the "short frame" by removing the backstrap .

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Agree -- overall I like the Gen 4 better with the adjustable backstrap and the beavertail. But I've liked every Gen 3 trigger better. The trick for me (pointed out by others here on SF) is to use the Gen 3 trigger bar in Gen 4. That seems to have helped in my case.

Thats exactly what i did in my gen. 4 G17 together with installing a Ghost rocket connector and polishing contact surfaces...

Posts: 254 | Location: Manila, philippines | Registered: January 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I have really big meaty hands, and I like to shoot with a very high grip

This results in slide bite from the gen 3 glocks sometimes, with the biggest culprit being the 19 size

Because of that I much much prefer the gen 4 with the largest beaver tail back strap

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
I have really big meaty hands, and I like to shoot with a very high grip

This results in slide bite from the gen 3 glocks sometimes, with the biggest culprit being the 19 size

Because of that I much much prefer the gen 4 with the largest beaver tail back strap

GripForce Adapters will also solve that problem with both Gen3 and Gen4. Will lower the natural point slightly, similar to a 1911.

I had to smooth out some of the ribbed areas of my GF Adapters for comfort though.

http://gripforceproducts.com/

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
...the biggest culprit being the 19 size

Yup, same here. I was able to find a Salient BLU for (relatively) cheap and it felt better than I thought a 19 could. Because a Desert Eagle doesn't make for a good carry piece.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the beavertail back strap on the Gen 4, because slide bite. Otherwise, no preference.

Posts: 1173 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post