SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 19 gen3 or gen4
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 19 gen3 or gen4 Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The Gen3 is my preference.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And this, too,
shall pass away
Picture of Drifting Fate
posted Hide Post
Gen 3 because who wants brass to the face? (semi-kidding)

Posts: 3679 | Location: AZ | Registered: June 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bow Commander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Gen3 RTF2 only. Smile

My one and only Glock. With the gills. I shoot lights out with it.

Posts: 443 | Location: Springfield Oregon | Registered: September 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Vickers RTF2 which is a gen 3 first choice, but if its not a Vickers, I would go with the gen 4.

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both of my 19s are Gen4. I can shoot a Gen3 just fine but I like the backstrap I have on the Gen4 so much more.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had Gen 3 19, 23, and 27

All have been replaced with Gen 4s of the same model.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't mind Gen 3's but I prefer Gen 4. Currently Glockless but I've had all but the GAP and 357 Sig models.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sammael
posted Hide Post
I've owned a bunch, and from now on - Gen 4 only for me.

Smooth faced trigger, Gen 3 trigger bar, removed the finger grooves.

She's perfect now.

Posts: 571 | Registered: August 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I prefer Gen 4.

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting responses. Explains why Glock continues to produce Gen3 and Gen4's. Still a market for both versions.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
I've owned both - Gen4 all the way.

The only Gen3 I own is a G19, but it's because it was a wedding present from the wife.

All my other Glocks are Gen4.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I only own 3 (19,26,30), and all are gen3.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15572 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Older Gen 3 is my personal preference.

Posts: 828 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like the Gen 4.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer gen4, for the ability to adjust the grip circumference with backstraps, more aggressive grip texture, and a larger magazine release. I prefer the gen 4 over the gen 3 for the added features stated above, I will not get a gen 3 unless its a smoking deal, if buying new its going to be gen 4. Also you do receive a 3rd magazine with the gen 4 over two with the gen 3.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Super Shooter,

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
I only own gen4 now for all the reasons already mentioned. Some say the older gen3 finish is way better than the 4.
My carry gen4 g19 is not showing any significant finish wear though so I'm fine with it.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Gen 4. The gen 3 19 I had always felt like it needed whittling down in places, and texture added in others. The gen 4 while not perfect, doesn't feel that way.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I actually slightly prefer the Gen 3. I have no issues finding the smaller mag release. I use granulate Talon grips for my range guns, so the extra texture of the Gen 4 isn't an issue. For IWB carry, I like the smoother texture of the Gen 3. The Gen 3 fits my hand fine, so I don't need backstraps or beavertails. I have no issues with Gen 4 Glocks and have owned several, but I wouldn't pay more for a Gen 4 myself since the Gen 3 works for me.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
The 4th feels better for me (medium size glove). I picked up a FS model recently.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Gen 4. The 26 and 19 feel off to me in Gen 3 but the Gen 4 fits. The 17 doesn't seem to matter though I can reach the magazine releases better on the Gen 4. All mine are now Gen 4.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post