SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    320 X Five Alpha?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

320 X Five Alpha? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Is it just me, or is that thumb safety just a little too close to the slide lock lever? Other than that, I'd love to shoot it just to see what's up.
Why would it really matter? Like you mentioned it's a slide lock not a slide release.

The concern is that the slide "lock", being too close to the thumb safety, will be accidentally pressed on by those folks who ride the safety with their shooting hand's big thumb. And because of that, after the last shot, the slide catch will not lock the slide back.

That’s a reasonable point.

Posts: 3916 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Trigger guard looks droopy.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I like the looks, just wish it was a stainless steel frame.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I like what they tried to do, but the lightening cuts and the safety being so close to the slide release are both major fails imo. I’m not a buyer with those two issues.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
Trigger guard looks droopy.

It's something that Sig Germany is doing on new guns. Speaking of which:

https://new-sigsauer2020.de/en/new-products-2020/

Here's another part of the P320 Alpha spec sheet:

Posts: 4161 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grab SKS,
go innawoods
Picture of mrmoneybags
posted Hide Post
That P226 has got to be the ugliest, most fucked-up abomination of a gun I have ever seen. And they didn't even include an optic cut...

As far as the X Five... I really hate that Sig's most recent approach to guns has been to get close, and then completely miss the mark.

Tungsten weights, cool, this can be a carry gun during the week & a competition gun on the weekends.

"We put the weights at the back of the frame, so they will do nothing to mitigate muzzle flip & will slow down your target transitions."

Oh, very cool, thank you Sig!

Posts: 1913 | Location: 42003 | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post