SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Last revolver post.,.,,for now
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Last revolver post.,.,,for now Login/Join 
Picture of bripro
posted
Smith 19-3 factory nickel. The action on this in my opinion beats the Python. I admit I prefer blued revolvers but this thing is gorgeous. What do you all think?

DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

Posts: 155 | Location: United States | Registered: May 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful. Now just get it smokey. VI...

Posts: 646 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I’ve always preferred the action on a S&W to the Colt, too. I guess it’s because I started out on S&W revolvers and that’s what I got used to.

That’s a beauty you have there. Congrats!

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
Really nice. What is the story behind the front sight. Is it painted white?

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2401 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one just like it. A 6" 19-3 nickel. I paid around $250 used for it about 10 years ago in mint condition and I have been kicking myself ever since because there was a matching nickel snub nose with the wood target grips,hammer etc. that was matching that I could've bought for $200 at the same time. Everytime I shoot it with .158 grain .357's it puts a smile on my face! You will love it. I took my wood target grips off and put rubber pachmyers to make it a little more comfortable to shoot, but have them. It's a beautiful gun with the wood grips. Don't clean it with Hoppes #9 or other ammonia based cleaner as it will make the nickel peel.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jimmy123x,

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I always liked the 19 and in 1970 I thought it was the ideal duty revolver. I agree I have 19's and a Python and think the 19's action is smoother. That is a beautiful specimen you have there. A Sacramento Sheriff's deputy I knew carried one exactly like it and I was envious.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bripro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yanici:
Really nice. What is the story behind the front sight. Is it painted white?

Nope, they are nickel plated too just as it came from the factory around 1975.

DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

Posts: 155 | Location: United States | Registered: May 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
I picked up one similar, but it's a 19-2 or 19-3 with a 4" bbl, very nice revolvers.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3623 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Given the front sight I'd guess that the action was worked as well, which would explain why it's so smooth.

quote:
Originally posted by bripro:
Smith 19-3 factory nickel. The action on this in my opinion beats the Python. I admit I prefer blued revolvers but this thing is gorgeous. What do you all think?

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
Beautiful. I have a blued 4" 19-3 that's about 98% condition. I've owned it for five years and still haven't shot it yet. It was a duty weapon that wasn't shot much. I think I'm going to buy some 158 grain 38 specials and take it out this weekend. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful handgun.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Yep. Gorgeous, and Nickle cleans up easily. FGo out and get it blackened with powder residue. It's probably a great shooter.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful revolver. M19 is one of my all time favorites.

Posts: 987 | Registered: January 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
I have an unfired 19-3 blued 4". That nickel model 19 sure does look sharp.

Posts: 2861 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Very sharp!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
I’ve always preferred the action on a S&W to the Colt, too. I guess it’s because I started out on S&W revolvers and that’s what I got used to.

That’s a beauty you have there. Congrats!

Me too. I always felt that Colt triggers felt rough or gritty to me. Maybe it was just the ones I handled? But it was enough to dissuade me from Colts since about 1969-70.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
Given the front sight I'd guess that the action was worked as well, which would explain why it's so smooth.

Nope, that front sight is factory on the 6" barrel, it left the plant that way.

You won't find many people who were actually issued a Python, but I was. When qualification time came around I used my personal 4" M19. The single action was better on the Colt, but most of the qualification was with double action, at which the Smith excelled.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1857 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
My 19-3 is a bit shorter. But I kept the Smith and sold the Python.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I never said the front sight wasn't fatory. I have a 27 with a 5" barrel, patridge front sight, and a target hammer and trigger. The action is supurb, equaling the action on my custom shop Python. The point is if the gun has a target front sight on a longer barrel, it probably had action work as well.

quote:
Originally posted by stiab:
quote:

Nope, that front sight is factory on the 6" barrel, it left the plant that way.

You won't find many people who were actually issued a Python, but I was. When qualification time came around I used my personal 4" M19. The single action was better on the Colt, but most of the qualification was with double action, at which the Smith excelled.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
The point is if the gun has a target front sight on a longer barrel, it probably had action work as well.

Again, please explain why a standard sight on a standard barrel length indicates action work?

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1857 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post