SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320's and P365's and Novices
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320's and P365's and Novices Login/Join 
Picture of HayesGreener
posted
I have occasion to train a good number of novice shooters with handguns. Part of my basic course is how to choose a defensive handgun and we have about 20 handguns of various design and manufacture for people to consider. I have been consistently impressed with how well novice shooters do on the range with the P320 compact. Now enter the P365 and I am seeing novices take to it as well. Good ergonomics, trigger, ease of operation of the slide, and good sights come together to make these guns novice friendly. I sound like a Sig salesman but these things work. I now have a P365 and four P320's that we use in training and for what it's worth, other than a bad extractor on an early P320, have had no malfunctions with these guns that were not shooter induced.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sgtbrock
posted Hide Post
Perhaps a novice will not recognize that reliability trumps capacity! Just a thought.

Posts: 15 | Location: Florida | Registered: April 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
P320 is stupid easy to shoot - if you suck with one, you REALLY suck.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Before too long, someone will be along to comment “Just don’t drop it” Roll Eyes

One of the greatest strengths of the P320 is the ability to grip the gun any way and still get really good results. I’ve not ever seen a polymer gun that just doesn’t care about bad grip inputs.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
My concern with novices learning on the P320 would be the increased risk of them dropping it leading to potentially disasterous results...
Jerry made me do it... Cool

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just suck, but I like the P320 anyway.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
“Just don’t drop it.” Big Grin

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post