SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SP2022 range time
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SP2022 range time Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Medium

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two of those Springer base pads will cost me more than my SP2022 did.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
it's a beauty. I love mine. Just check the spring, and the only issue I have found with it, and it might be from the spring having a few thousand rounds on it, but I once to thrice a range trip will have a FTE with 115gr. The slide catches the ejected brass, so just watch out for that.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
Hey jljones, which size backstrap is on that pistol?

Small, Medium, Large (left to right).

The large grips are really hard to find, and are quite beefy by the lookds. The medium size comes standard on the German SP2022s, while in the US they decided on the small grips as the standard. Admittedly, I swapped the medium grips for the small (bought directly from SIG) on my German SP2022. It gives me better control.

Posts: 279 | Location: Arlington, VA | Registered: March 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Colby Bruce:

You paid $37 for your gun?! Razz

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
quote:
Originally posted by Colby Bruce:

You paid $37 for your gun?! Razz

Yes, I did well that day.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
I love my two-toned 2022. It’s laying beside me in bed right now! Best full-size Sig I’ve owned, and I’ve had just about every model made!

One thing I did do was remove the picatinny rail; didn’t want it, need it, and hated the looks of it.... so I carefully removed it! Figured I’m not parting with this gun, so I don’t care if it affects the value any. I’m happy with it, and that is what matters! Big Grin

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4551 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
I saw a two tone at my LGS yesterday-very nice gun and very tempting!

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone know if new SP2022s are shipping with the skinny or fat trigger?

I want to order one, but my local guy says he's seeing only skinny triggers from his distributors, and I preferred the fat trigger on my first SP2022.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:

One thing I did do was remove the picatinny rail; didn’t want it, need it, and hated the looks of it.... so I carefully removed it!

Just curious, how did you remove it? Did you sand it down? I'd really like to see a pic of it. Razz

Posts: 279 | Location: Arlington, VA | Registered: March 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TEFL0N_D0N_81:
quote:

One thing I did do was remove the picatinny rail; didn’t want it, need it, and hated the looks of it.... so I carefully removed it!

Just curious, how did you remove it? Did you sand it down? I'd really like to see a pic of it. Razz

Yeah, we need pics.

Posts: 586 | Location: NC | Registered: March 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Will get them when I can; kinda tied up with a family emergency as of this afternoon regarding my daughter at college... not life-threatening yet, and trying to keep it that way! Pics are on the back burner for now...

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4551 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Three quick pics below.

Regarding how I removed it, I started with making the initial cuts at a 45 degree angle with my scroll saw down each side to remove the "teeth". From there most of the remaining material and shaping was done slowly and carefully with a Dremel tool with various sanding drums. Final shaping with needle files, then smoothing up with 220 grit sandpaper on a T-bar sanding tool, followed by Novus Plastic Polish on a small felt wheel in my Dremel tool.

It isn't exactly perfect, but it'll do for my use!

Quick pics from a P&S camera, so they're not great either, but that's all I have time for right now...

Bill R.
North Alabama

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by linkscoach:
It always seemed like sight options for the 2022 were limited. The Siglites are okay but I like something that is a little easier to see.

Are there any fiber or Trijicon HD style sights out there for the 2022?
Huh? No offense, but, the SIGPro can use any sight any P-Series gun can use, how EXACTLY is that limited?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Originally posted by linkscoach:
It always seemed like sight options for the 2022 were limited. The Siglites are okay but I like something that is a little easier to see.

Are there any fiber or Trijicon HD style sights out there for the 2022?
Huh? No offense, but, the SIGPro can use any sight any P-Series gun can use, how EXACTLY is that limited?

You're right. I think I was thinking of the P250 not the 2022.

Posts: 166 | Registered: February 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skyshark:
SP2022 is the most under-rated gun in SIG's catalog.

Might be the most underrated gun in anyone’s catalog.

Posts: 71 | Location: KCMO | Registered: October 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
@bronicabill

That DIY job looks very nice... certainly gives it a "classy" look and very rounded overall.

34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
@bronicabill

That DIY job looks very nice... certainly gives it a "classy" look and very rounded overall.

Thanks! Took a lot of work, but the final result was worth it to me.

Bill R.
North Alabama

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
@bronicabill

Thanks! Took a lot of work, but the final result was worth it to me.
The reason that I own SP2340's, SP2009's and no 2022's... Good looking work, regardless.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Yeah, kinda wish I’d kept my last 2340 as it was the best I’d owned, but I wanted to move back to 9mm due to the effects of recoil on the arthritis in my wrists. Haven’t seen any 2009’s locally, so never had the chance to buy one around here (I’m one of those who prefers to see what I’m getting before plunking down money I really can’t afford). Therefore, I’ve only owned 2340’s in the past, and several 2022’s. I don’t mind the “rail” on those older models...

Bill R.
North Alabama