SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SP2022 range time
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SP2022 range time Login/Join 
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
Yeah, kinda wish I’d kept my last 2340 as it was the best I’d owned, but I wanted to move back to 9mm due to the effects of recoil on the arthritis in my wrists. Haven’t seen any 2009’s locally, so never had the chance to buy one around here (I’m one of those who prefers to see what I’m getting before plunking down money I really can’t afford). Therefore, I’ve only owned 2340’s in the past, and several 2022’s. I don’t mind the “rail” on those older models...
Before I found an SP2009 I shot a fair amount of 9mm through SP2340's using the factory 9mm barrel and 9mm magazines. The barrel fits a bit loose on the breach, laterally, but is accurate. You can use 40/357 mags with 9mm ammo through a SP2340, and they seem to feed well enough, but I just prefer to use the 9mm magazines... YMMV.

SP2340 with all three barrels.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
^ ^ ^ ^
Most interesting! Will have to keep that in mind, and keep my eyes open for another SP2340 then...

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4550 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Probably the only sig I've never owned. I need to change that.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
^ ^ ^ ^
Most interesting! Will have to keep that in mind, and keep my eyes open for another SP2340 then...
To be clear, you should be able to do the same thing with a SP2022 in .40S&W, it would just have a rail. Fair warning though, if you end up with a slide with an LCI (Loaded Chamber Indicator), you may have to remove the LCI to use different barrels with it.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are these still being made or is what’s left out there past production? You don’t hear much any,ore about these.

Posts: 123 | Registered: July 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duelist:
Are these still being made or is what’s left out there past production? You don’t hear much any,ore about these.

They're still on Sig's website, so I'm pretty sure they're still in production. Looking right now at a side-by-side of the two-tone vs a FDE, both with an MSRP of $638.00.

I bought my first one NEW, with included laser for a shade over $360.00, so these things have really gone up! The one I currently have set me back $495 out the door if I remember right... two-tone with factory night sights and holster.

Edit to add: Remember, Sig doesn't "produce" specific models all the time! They will do a big run of a model and fill the distribution channels with it, then move on to other products. Once those are sold off and there is enough demand, AND they're not busy with hotter, more lucrative projects, then they're do another run of them. Consequently they're not ALWAYS as available as folks would like... this product or others! With the new P365 hitting the distribution channels, I suspect older models will be on the back burner for a while.

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4550 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duelist:

The SP2022? I see them around here quite often.

As for the SP2009 or SP2340, I don't think they are in current production. If I'm wrong about that, somebody jump in and correct me.

Posts: 144 | Location: Utah | Registered: September 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info!

Posts: 123 | Registered: July 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vern:
<<snip>>
As for the SP2009 or SP2340, I don't think they are in current production. If I'm wrong about that, somebody jump in and correct me.

Nope, those two are long gone!

Bill R.
North Alabama