SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a P320C
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a P320C Login/Join 
Picture of got2hav1
posted
Well, I'm giving the P320 another go. The first one I had was an early example. I liked most everything about it except the trigger. It was not impressive.
I was at a shop that carries a good selection of HK s , so I was able to compare directly with P30SK and 2000SK. The HK models lost out mainly because I knew I wouldn't carry them . So why buy the SK versions if you don't intend to carry it. Besides the Sig trigger was better IMO. Not knocking HK because I have one and don't plan to part with it . (USP 9mm) Big Grin
The one I picked up today has an awesome trigger. Much much better than the previous one. Looking forward to some range time with it. Looking like rain in NC this weekend though.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2756 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
Glad you are giving it a 2nd chance. I have a FS and a compact from 2014. Each trigger is the same.....but different. Love em both.

Posts: 658 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 00464b:
Glad you are giving it a 2nd chance. I have a FS and a compact from 2014. Each trigger is the same.....but different. Love em both.

I think the P320 is a winner for Sig. What kinda sights do you have?

Posts: 2756 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I first purchased a p329c in early '15, a 9mm. Since then, I have put over 1000 rnds; changed the recoil sprig; changed the trigger to GGI Pelt, and use a subcompact grip wrapped in Talon grips. I love it! It has now become my EDC and it out performs my p226 Legion at 25 yards.

It came with Sig night sights.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I jumped back on the P320 wagon. Installed an Apex flat trigger. Its ok but can't do anything some of my other pistols can't do as well. Suffice it to say, I can't see expanding the P320 stable anytime soon.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very early jumped on P320 circuit - however, better tools now exist. To have something like a reasonable trigger force one must install Mr. Gray's trigger/spring. Apex trigger replacement might be about the same.
I shoot a very early P320C9 in IDPA that has been worked on. . . but I am sure that after this year's rule changes, I will find something that is better. PPQ-M2 and similar TP9SF are being evaluated. M&P M2.0 was soundly rejected, though accurate, because the improved trigger still has a long way to go.

After attending SIG class on P320, I became convinced that the P320 has too many very small parts and small springs. However, for carry (especially the P320SC9) they might be OK.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Even though I got the carry model, I don't see me carrying this one. I have pretty much settled on the Kahr MK9 or K9 with heavier clothing. Just installed Talon rubberized grips on it. They feel pretty nice.
I will carry it around the house or in my garage though. I just checked the trigger pull on my Lyman gauge. 6-10 oz. I would have sworn it was much lighter than that. It feels lighter to me, but it is what it is. Is the GGI Pelt trigger you speak of, installable by your average Joe or does it need to go to GGI?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by got2hav1:
Even though I got the carry model, I don't see me carrying this one. I have pretty much settled on the Kahr MK9 or K9 with heavier clothing. Just installed Talon rubberized grips on it. They feel pretty nice.
I will carry it around the house or in my garage though. I just checked the trigger pull on my Lyman gauge. 6-10 oz. I would have sworn it was much lighter than that. It feels lighter to me, but it is what it is. Is the GGI Pelt trigger you speak of, installable by your average Joe or does it need to go to GGI?

The average Joe can install them. I consider myself less capable than average when it comes to things needing hand skills and I was able to do it. I did it on two, and one was more difficult than the other, but I was able to get them both up and running.

Posts: 71 | Location: NoVA | Registered: December 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have replaced three P320 triggers with Gray trigger + spring kits. Two of them were almost routine except that the spring always requires some effort to replace. Ideas are on you-tube on how to minimize the fuss. One trigger installation required the removal of a tiny amount of metal from the trigger-bar where it fits the back of the trigger (setting over-travel). Gray's outfit were of great help.

Average Joe sure can install the Gray trigger + spring. (Unless you have a wiggly action, do not bother with the included pin.)

I do not know about the Apex trigger. Apex does supply good kits for other pistols.

With the heavy trigger in P320 from the factory (unless you are a reviewer <grin>Wink I consider the Gray trigger + spring to be a necessity.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P320Mac:
......With the heavy trigger in P320 from the factory (unless you are a reviewer <grin>Wink I consider the Gray trigger + spring to be a necessity.

Probably depends on the gun and, to some extent the shooter. I installed the PELT on my Jan 2015 P320C 9mm. It's a carry gun. Tried both the GGI spring and Sig OEM. Ended up just installing the PELT physical trigger; left the stock spring and sear pin in. Measures 4 lbs 12 oz. If it was a little heavier, it wouldn't bother me.

IMO, the stock trigger was fine and I shot the gun very well. I got the PELT out of curiosity. It does provides a cleaner "feel" and reset than the factory trigger. More of a fine point than a deal maker. The quality/feel is more important to me than the lighter weight.

I'm not a fan of overly light triggers, especially on defensive guns. I have a Wilson Pro that came with a gorgeous 3 1/2 Lb trigger. Too light for my taste though. Tweaked it up (sear spring) to four pounds even. Perfect now. And yes...I shoot it better with the slightly heavier trigger.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Good to know. I think I will shoot it for a while stock. May decide it doesn't need anything else. I do plan to change the sights though , I am not a 3 dot fan. Any sight suggestions?

posted Hide Post
I'm not a fan of 3 dot sights either. I've thought about putting a Sig bar sight in the rear. I always liked the dot over bar sights.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3524 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I'm not a fan of 3 dot sights either. I've thought about putting a Sig bar sight in the rear. I always liked the dot over bar sights.

With you there. I much prefer the bar/dot set up.

posted Hide Post
Don't like the 3 dot either. I put the Dawson fiber optics on with the black rear sight. I'm very happy with them.
Looked at trijicons but the front post is big. I shoot a lot of plates at 25 yards so the dawsons smaller post
is easier for me to put on the plate.

Posts: 249 | Location: Westchester County NY | Registered: September 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
I took it out today for some shooting. It was a great day. I plan to leave the trigger alone for now. It shot really well. I think I can shoot it faster than any handgun I have. No hiccups at all. Still debating on the sights. Overall I am very pleased with it. Big Grin

sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to hear all the positives! I impulse-bought a used P320RXc today. I plan on taking it to the range either tomorrow morning or maybe tuesday, but I'm excited. I don't really like how the P320 trigger feels in dry-fire, but I've only heard good things. It was a decent price, so I figured I'd at least give it a try. and the red dot is the new-fangled thing all ya'll cool kids are getting into, so that's fun too.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
I'm glad to hear all the positives! I impulse-bought a used P320RXc today. I plan on taking it to the range either tomorrow morning or maybe tuesday, but I'm excited. I don't really like how the P320 trigger feels in dry-fire, but I've only heard good things. It was a decent price, so I figured I'd at least give it a try. and the red dot is the new-fangled thing all ya'll cool kids are getting into, so that's fun too.

If you find out you don't like that new fangled sighting system, just email me and I'll take it off your hands. Big Grin

sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I took the 320RX compact to the range today. I cant say i formed a solid enough opinion on the red dot, but the 320 is a fantastic weapon. My fatal flaw is that ive trained and practiced with my Glocks so much that my typical grip of the glock is making me point the P320 low. I consistently shot good groups with the p320, all about 4 to 6" low at only 5 yards. If i slowed wayyyy down and focused [turning off the red dot helped even more] i could get great shots where i wanted them.

I'll be installing a red dot on my G19MOS later this week, so I'll have to see if its the dot or if its the grip angle or if i even want to keep doing the whole reddot thing.

The trigger on the 320 is funny too. Not bad or good, really. Just very different.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I initially had sighting issues with my 320RX. The iron sights were off. It took me several range trips to get everything worked out.

Shooting suppressed from a bench with a rest at 25 yards, I am getting 2.5 inch groups with the red dot. It is several inches low and I'll need to compensate for that.

Unsuppressed under the same conditions, I'm getting 5 inch groups with the iron sights and 4 inches with the red dot. Both of those groups were POA/ POI with cheap 115gr ammo.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I bought one a couple of months ago. I've carried Glocks for 26+ years without complaint so I thought it would be fun to pick one up. Trigger is similar to my G17/19. It did take a little time and a new front sight to get my POA and POI together but that's all part of the fun for me. I think they're solid.

Maybe a PPQ is next..:

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post